The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

To our knowledge, no official charges have been filed regarding Mr. Spink's *other* activities, so they are not fair game for specific discussion here.

If anyone is curious, they can do some Googling for themselves (at your own peril), but the content is not appropriate for discussion in this general audience forum and is, at this time, speculative.

Thanks for your understanding,
    Mod 1

Wow, what a mess.

I hope they find him safe and sound
    I recognized with despair that I was about to be compelled to buy a horse ~
    Edith Somerville and "Martin Ross"

"Momma" to Tiempo, Tucker and Puff, RIP my beautiful Norman 8/2012

This story reeks of insurance fraud... 'nuff said.

Read the comments on the newspaper article - there are some rumours going around that he's in Canada.

I hope for the horse's sake that he was taken by someone with his best interests in mind.
    "Adulthood? You're playing with ponies. That is, like, every 9 year old girl's dream. Adulthood?? You're rocking the HELL out of grade 6, girl."

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator 1 View Post
    To our knowledge, no official charges have been filed regarding Mr. Spink's *other* activities, so they are not fair game for specific discussion here.
    If you're going to post it on the internet, pictures and all, it's a matter of public record. Employers can decline job applicants based on their Facebook content.
    "Adulthood? You're playing with ponies. That is, like, every 9 year old girl's dream. Adulthood?? You're rocking the HELL out of grade 6, girl."

I'm honestly surprised that there was no surveillance system with the A/V recorded somewhere in this barn. I mean, if I had a facility with a multi-million dollar horse, I'd spend a few thousand for alarm and surveillance equipment. The hardware is getting cheaper, better, and easier to use every year.

I hope the horse is recovered safe and sound.

Default My hope...

... is that it wasn't related to the drug issues but that someone instead took the stallion & he will be removed from his "breeding duties" :x forever...... I hope wherever he is, he is being well taken care of.

Quote Originally Posted by gieriscm View Post
    I'm honestly surprised that there was no surveillance system with the A/V recorded somewhere in this barn. I mean, if I had a facility with a multi-million dollar horse, I'd spend a few thousand for alarm and surveillance equipment. The hardware is getting cheaper, better, and easier to use every year.

I hope the horse is recovered safe and sound.
    Not if you were, say, into doing things you didn't want people to have video of...Like, uh...getting to "know" your horse in a special, special way?
    Not saying that this happened of course, but that might be one reason there weren't any cameras.

I smell Publicity Stunt. Will there be a movie now?

After just reading the other thread and viewing the webshots page of this...individual...I'm with everyone else in that I'm glad the horse is gone and I desperately hope that he's in safe hands.
    "It is not necessary for you to let everyone know everything about you. In fact, it is probably wise that you don't. There are some things that you need only discuss with God."

Quote Originally Posted by Ibex View Post
    If you're going to post it on the internet, pictures and all, it's a matter of public record. Employers can decline job applicants based on their Facebook content.
    If anyone is interested in hiring him, they're welcome to Google him as well. The jigsaw puzzle has very few pieces to assemble for answers.

This forum is read by a large, varied audience, including children, and we will will not serve as an additional information source for this type of content unless the source is a reputable news agency or component of the legal system.

Please keep the comments focused on the horse and future developments regarding his theft.

Quote Originally Posted by FairWeather View Post
    Not if you were, say, into doing things you didn't want people to have video of...Like, uh...getting to "know" your horse in a special, special way?
    Not saying that this happened of course, but that might be one reason there weren't any cameras.

I smell Publicity Stunt. Will there be a movie now?
    Well, if you have control over the system, then you have the ability to turn it off, right?

As for the rest... well, I'd never even heard of this guy before today, and will pass on googling his name, thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by merrygoround View Post
    Not sure I want to know more badly enough to have him show up in my Google history.
    Trust me, you DON'T.

My retinas are burning. I need to go bleach my mind now.
    It's better to be hated for who you are than beloved for who you're not

Where am I and what am I doing in this handbasket?

Quote Originally Posted by VentDependent View Post
    Trust me, you DON'T.

My retinas are burning. I need to go bleach my mind now.
    Some of succumbed to that (and trust me, this is SO the wrong word, but I can't think of a more descriptive one since my brain still freezes up when I remember it) "temptation" years ago, and we are still looking for the right retina bleach.

Sure, you can clean your PC's cache out, but what about the brain's? Not so easy...
    Definition of "Horse": a 4 legged mammal looking for an inconvenient place and expensive way to die. Any day they choose not to execute the Master Plan is just more time to perfect it. Be Very Afraid.

cheeky monkey Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sligodashoe View Post
    Is this the same Doug Spinks that us dog people won't allow near dogs anymore? If so, grats to someone for not doing a background check before hiring this guy to guard a staillion...
    he owns that stallion, at leat part of him, hes not hired to guard him. Its a shame someone like that owns him and that capone will no doubt be twisted into spinks web of illegal affairs.

The Southern California freeway system, stuck in an endless commute

I just love how on his website, he says he doesn't geld any horses or neuter any of his dogs because you shouldn't take your friends' balls away (here is where COTH really needs that hurling icon).
    Congratulate me! My CANTER cutie is an honor student at Goofball University!

I feel really badly for the Mare Owners who have booked to Capone this year and haven't started breeding yet. There are several people on another board who need semen now and have asked for frozen and are being told none is available.
    www.DaventryEquestrian.com
    Home of Welsh Pony, ISR/Oldenburg & RPSI pony stallions Daventry's Power Play, Goldhills Brandysnap LOM & Alvesta Picasso
    Also home to www.EquineAppraisers.com

Quote Originally Posted by jetsmom View Post
    Oh No!!!!! Did Capone have internet access in his stall??? Maybe another sexual predator lured him away!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Centaurian View Post
    As far as I am concerned, leadline is a legitimate reason to have children.

Well I really hope it's someone who rescued him rather than insurance fraud. Lord knows that horse needed to be rescued.

I'm guessing this is going to have a very sad ending for poor Capone. Wonder how much he was insured for...

Maybe he's lost the urge?