The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I think it is a pony called Lucky For Me. She'd be like 18 or 19 now. She won the model at pony finals. She was from TX.

The pony Lucky for Me has this info listed with USEF:

95135 LUCKY FOR ME Foal Date: 1/1/1989
    Color: Brown Sex: M
    Sire: UNKNOWN
    Dam: UNKNOWN
    Membership Type: Life
    Measurement Card
    Height: 14.1 1/2
    Heel: 1 1/2
    Non-Member

Wow! Spent a day reclaiming my tack room and came back to so many posts!

I'd love more information on Lucky For Me. What else can you tell me?

This I did not do an U/S or radiograph. It was pretty clear from a clinical diagnosis what I am dealing with. Before I agreed to take the pony, I already had a perfect retirement home for her. She will live with two other retired horses at a magnificient horse facility at a local school for kids that have a hard time in public school. My dear friend runs it and also lives there. They are very excited to add her to their small group. Her only requirement will be to stand and be brushed on the crossties with the kids.

She is probably sound enough to do light walking/ trotting with a light child, but vet said we'd be headed for heartbreak if we really tried to put her in work. Her hoof wall is so soft, I bet you could put your finger through it, forget about a rock or jump rail or anthing else.

The school is near by and I will see her often. She is finally starting to settle in here, so I think the sadness you see is just such uncertainty. I think she's been jostled around a lot.

1 members found this post helpful.

The USEF states that Lucky For Me is brown and your pony is a bay. I wonder if it is the same pony.

Oh my gosh! This really sounds like her!!! I'm going to work on this!

i'm anxious to know if it is the same pony...I don't have any information, but she is beautiful!

pm me your email and I'll send you a picture!

I hope you got the picture I just sent you- I'm not always good with technology! I think it totally looks like the same pony. Let me know what you think!

I'm really excited to find out if they are the same horse in the pictures
    *Ask me about my Thoroughbred!*

Holly Crow Liz!! I think this is it!! I put them up on my monitor side by side and the blaze is identical! Please!!! Tell me everything you know about this pony!!

With your permission I will post both pictures on my flickr album for everyone else to see..

THANK YOU!!!!!

I sent you an email with the trainers name who i last remember the pony being with. I wish I had more info for you, I do remember her being very sweet! Please do post the picture- maybe someone will remember her from then. She had a quite a show record-winning at PF and all!

I am so glad we are finding out more about this pony! If she is Lucky For Me than she has quite a show record with wins at Pony Finals and such. Please keep us updated!
    Experienced riders are not prone to brag. And usually newcomers, if they start out being boastful, end up modest. -C.J.J. Mullen

Ok, I posted two pictures, the picture of Lucky For Me and a front shot of my pony.. It's the first two in the album. Sure looks like an identical blaze to me... http://www.flickr.com/photos/24683318@N02/

Alright... You guys have done GREAT so far!!! Any one known anything else about Lucky For Me???? From Rumson, NJ?

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If that's the same pony as is listed on USEF, she was showing not ALL that long ago (May 2007). Which means she likely had the injury/surgery in the not-too-distant past. If the leads you've gotten already don't go anywhere-- you might call some H/J vets in the area. Who knows, if her injury/surgery is unusual enough... they might remember her?!

Looks like a video of "Lucky for Me" with 2 owners ago can be purchased here...

http://www.horsesportsonline.com/Ven...TIVAL+(Vermont)
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

That blaze is a dead on match. That's GOT to be the same pony.
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

I think that is definitely her! That blaze along with the left front sock..... I mean there is no question....

Wow what a cool thread this has been!

And her name is rather appropriate, as seems she's landed with you after a brush with a potentially not-so-great fate!
    We couldn't all be cowboys, so some of us are clowns.

That is the same pony. Her blaze is an identical match, and she has a small left white ankle and a speck of white on her right front by her coronary band and if you look at the picture of her jumping, you can faintly see a hint of white on the front of her right front. It's very faint in the fence picture because it is a little blurry, but it is the same pony.
    Experienced riders are not prone to brag. And usually newcomers, if they start out being boastful, end up modest. -C.J.J. Mullen

I'm so happy for the pony...it sounds like the pony is at a great home now!! too many horses end up with horrible people

I am so excited that we are getting so far with this mystery! Hopefully the past trainer can give us some more information.
    *Ask me about my Thoroughbred!*

Oh! That breaks my heart she was that beautiful so recently!

Waiting to hear more of this fabulous mystery....