The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Sunkissed Acres adoptables please.

Besides our usual nonrideables we have a lot of horses looking for good homes. Rideable, useable horses. Some requiring more experienced riders and some good for beginners or husbands.

9 yr old Black Arab Gelding
    9 yr old Walker mare
    2 Draft crosses
    1 horse used for driving (unknown breed)
    Older bomb proof mare
    13 yr. old TB H/J (home pending)
    8 yr old AppxQH mare, (experienced rider)

Please consider homing the homeless if you are looking. All our horses come with a guarantee. We guarantee that if you dont like the horse, it can come back. We cant possibly know everything about these horses and they change according to the situations they are put in, we rely upon there owners to tell us the truth...............but certainly everyone of these guys is nice to deal with, has no major issues and has probably only touched upon its potential. In the right homes, these guys bloom.
    Our horses are not seen as the old and disabled they may have become, but rather as the mighty steeds they once believed themselves to be.

Sunkissed Acres Rescue and Retirement

How old are the draft crosses? Height? Any other info on them?

Lori, you are going to be receiving a PM.

Default horses

Are they free to good home?

Default This is the "giveaway "forum.

Could you please post more details on the draught crosses.
    \"I have lived my life-it is nearly done-.I have played the game all round;But I freely admit that the best of my fun I owe it to Horse and Hound\".

The first five horses listed on here are all or were residents of a kids church camp. There is no interest in operating it any longer and so the horses were given up. All are apparently well broke, they are all kind. I met the horses, just have not found a way to move all five at one time. The drafts are app. 16.1 16.2 although they are heavy so look larger.

I need to move them quickly so will post pics the second I have a way to move them. Fernie, the horses are in Griffin so not far from you now I dont think.

The horses are available for the usual tax deductible donation. We will get them farriered, coggins and shots up to date. We cant do that for free either so, your donation covers only that expense. So yes, I guess they are free.
    Our horses are not seen as the old and disabled they may have become, but rather as the mighty steeds they once believed themselves to be.

Oh to add, the AppxQH is very very good looking for those interested. Experienced rider because she is only 8 and sort of green to some things. Nice horse.

Black Arab gelding has a home hooray. He is being adopted by our own Sidepasser.

Any more info on the old mare?

Thanks Lori, I may never ride him but he can be company to Molly, my belgian.

My BO is interested in the 9 year old walker. She was going to try to google your site to contact you, but could you PM me with your email address in case she doesn't find it?

Nevermind, she emailed to say she talked to you earlier today.
    Last edited by eponacowgirl; Apr. 21, 2008 at 01:39 AM.

Default Sunkissed Acres adoptables please

Lori, spoke to you today about my easy keeper, etc. Tried to email you and it bounced back. I used: miasmom@alltel.net

Hey there, my email is sunkissedacres@charter.net. Not sure why the web wont change that thingy on the front page. New website is done and almost running.

Sidepasser is delivering all the horses on Saturday. They will be available immediately after that so keep in touch.

I hope I have responded to all that enquired but please, because I get many many phone calls and emails, you must call or write me back so I remember who you are. Coth names and real names dont add up on the phone.

Thanks so much for the interest. These guys deserve a chance and I absolutely cant afford another horse.

The trailer leaves the farm at 8:00 am and arrives at 9:30 am on Saturday at the horse's barn near Griffin.

I will be meeting with the person who has the horses to load and go to Sunkissed Acres. I am willing to stop enroute with Lori's approval, if someone has qualified to adopt to save someone a trip and gas.

Adoptors would have to work with Lori; I cannot speak for her. I would need an address for delivery no LATER than Friday at 6:00 pm, confirmed by Lori, so I can plan my trip in the most economical manner possible.

I am willing to work with whomever lives between Griffin and Summerville or Summerville and LaGrange/or even over into Alabama 50 miles if that assures these horses can be rehomed, for no fee. Sorry I can't haul to Nebraska or Wyoming..lol..but am willing to be the drop off service for anyone who wants to adopt along the route. I will be coming up 75 North, and will return home via Highway 27 South. So anywhere reasonable along the way is acceptable.

You can't beat free transport these days..so anyone looking, this is likely to be about the best deal ever. Sorry I don't have pics, I'm taking my guy sight unseen - what I gets is what I gots..lol. I'm sure he will work out just fine.

Anyway hook up with Lori, make arrangements and then Lori can pm me the address for dropoff.

Thanks all,
    Sidepasser - horse transporter extraordinaire.
    Last edited by sidepasser; Apr. 22, 2008 at 07:33 PM. Reason: for clarity

Bumping. surely someone out there needs a good saddle horse. Hmmmm how about a Draft X for hubby?????????

DraftX - Any clue how big?....

Now Lori...quit tempting me... after Ginny I have the 1 spot open for that TB I spoke with you about (the other university mare)...and I am FULL (Repeating to self I am FULL.... I have to be able to AFFORD the care... I AM FULL....) DH just said only if the walker was Black she could come - please let her NOT be black

Whew arent you lucky, she is bay with a blaze and a spotted baby LOL. I have had no reply on the university mare whatsoever but the other one is now for adoption as well. She is rideable and in great shape LOL

lol.....OK Lori... Where's that TB located at?

hehehe... I told Tim the TWH was a Bay and he said "whew I don't feel bad now" (he's a sucker for BLACK Walker mares).

Ok folks - I'm going to be leaving out at around 8 this morning with the trailer..I did not hear from anyone who wanted to adopt one of these horses, but if you think you would like one and are having a hard time deciding..

Get in touch with Lori asap!! and she has my cell phone number and can call and give me the information.

Lori is OVERRUN with non adoptables at Sunkissed Acres and these horses are rideable, which is what everyone wants these days..no known health issues, I do believe they are due for a trim, but that's just a drop in the gas tank if you had to haul one. The owner stated that all were in good health..so you won't be getting a lame, broke down horse.

I have no way to post once I leave the house here, so all contact will need to go through Lori..I will call her once I have them loaded (all load well I was told), and tell her the situation with the horses (height, health, general attitude)..but today is the load and go day so if you are on the fence teetering, a little information might be enough to tip you towards adopting.

Best I can do short of riding them, and I won't have time to do that since it is a long ways to Lori's from where they are located and I have to pick up one when I get there and make the trip back. All told about 8.5 hours of driving.

Anyway off to load the trailer and hit the road!

Sidepasser - hauler for the adoptables

Quote Originally Posted by snkstacres View Post
    Besides our usual nonrideables we have a lot of horses looking for good homes. Rideable, useable horses. Some requiring more experienced riders and some good for beginners or husbands.

9 yr old Black Arab Gelding
    9 yr old Walker mare
    2 Draft crosses
    1 horse used for driving (unknown breed)
    Older bomb proof mare
    13 yr. old TB H/J (home pending)
    8 yr old AppxQH mare, (experienced rider)

Please consider homing the homeless if you are looking. All our horses come with a guarantee. We guarantee that if you dont like the horse, it can come back. We cant possibly know everything about these horses and they change according to the situations they are put in, we rely upon there owners to tell us the truth...............but certainly everyone of these guys is nice to deal with, has no major issues and has probably only touched upon its potential. In the right homes, these guys bloom.
    Any pics of the draft crosses? Are they mares or geldings, ages? GA is kinda far for me but it might be doable - I'm sure they will find homes quick all of them. I used to live in Columbus, GA and would go back in a heartbeat.
    A stubborn horse walks behind you, an impatient horse walks in front of you, but a noble companion walks beside you.