The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I dont have any pics yet, the kids arent here but are enroute. Get homes quick??????? not one yet except the one for sidepasser I am afraid. Hopefully someone is coming to look at them today.

These guys were used in a kids camp guys. The camp is not opening this year so in essence, they are abandoned on the pasture. Nice horses, sound and rideable. All between 8-12. Please, take a chance on one. A few weeks of work to get them back into riding shape and you could have a real gem on your hooves.
    Our horses are not seen as the old and disabled they may have become, but rather as the mighty steeds they once believed themselves to be.

Sunkissed Acres Rescue and Retirement

Default camp kids are here.

Well they are here. the walker is nice, a gelding, large and red. The draft x is in fact a morgan by the looks of it. Nice horse. The other draft x is a paso fino or a quarab. Really cute with trust issues or should I say catching issues. I walked right up to him but I saw Liz struggling for a long time with him.

Sadly, these guys are really choice to handle, I am in LOFF but. cant wait to post the pics. These guys were farriered in years nor fed. I have seen lots of long feet but nothing like this. MY farrier came immediately, we trimmed. Ok, we have a long way to go but, he said thank heaven, they were sound. Good feet that can be righted.

And now, I am off to deworm these kids. they are not much too look at right now, they have been fending for themsevles for a time but............they sure are affectionate.
    Our horses are not seen as the old and disabled they may have become, but rather as the mighty steeds they once believed themselves to be.

Do you have any more info on the Walker? My parents and I might be interested. Or we might be able to find some people who are.
    Randi
    "If you can't walk with the big horses, stay in the stall!"

Well I made it home through the t-storms and lightning (eeks) and all is well here. A note on the horses. Although none had been loaded in quite some time, all jumped right on the trailer and rode very quietly. They were not handled in awhile and have been out on a large pasture, but came up when the gate was opened to the barn. They led quietly and hopped on the trailer. The older mare is such a sweetie, she was first on the trailer, stood and waited for the others. One by one, they went quietly on.

The horse I am taking wouldn't fit anywhere except maybe the hood and I didn't think a live hood ornament would be safe. He's jet black and needs his hooves trimmed, but isn't skinny. I have to pick him up tomorrow as I was too tired to even think about going back to get him today.

Glad I could help and hope they all get adopted soon.

sidepasser -

Cindy, you went above and beyond the call of duty. You are truly a Godsend and anyone notice, Sidepasser always jumps in for the needed mass ride. Bless you.

These guys are really really sweet. I cant believe it. Even the Paso let me catch him again last night without much fan fare. He is kind and obedient, just not used to this mussing.

All of them dewormed well. hahahha been so long since they have been fed, I wasnt sure they would eat beetpulp and alf cubes soaked. They sure didnt come for a feed pan but curiosity got the better of them. They gobbled it up. they have fended for themselves on pasture for a long time so switching them carefully to even any hay. I have an orchard grass timothy mix I am feeding them.

I am in loff and someone is getting good horses. Given a bit of time, these guys are going to be great. I watched the old mare eating last night and decided she is not as old as she looks. Her teeth are great Cindy. Just wormy as all getout. Early 20's.

Cindy, I cant thank you enough for what you did. Its going to be a while before I recuperate from this shock. Matter of fact, from this day forward, no horses will enter here without dated pics before hand.

There are still horses here that need a home guys. Someone, the Paso is gorgeous and he will be a great one.

I am supposed to get paperwork today with names of each horse, age, etc. today when I go to pick up my boy. I will give you a call when I return and give you the information - do you have a fax machine? If not, I will scan in what he gives me and send it to you tomorrow via email.

I say bless you both for helping these horses!

I really wish I could take one of them, but I am so far away in NC and diesel is so high... The same problem a LOT of folks are having.

did you say there was a big red walker in that bunch? if it's suitable for a confidant and advanced beginner hubby would be interested. but---i'm in vermont--anyway we could arrange a transport convoy at least to new jersey? and i may also be able to foster the mare and colt if it can be worked out.

Thanks everyone for helping out!!!
    www.specialhorses.org
    a 501(c)3 organization helping 501(c)3 equine rescues

It is amazing what can happen when you get the power of caring people behind a cause. You go Horselovers. Together we can do it.

I would love to hear more about the paso.

Yes a nice big red walker. Kind and gentle. A gorgeous paso fino. None of these guys have had attention in a long time but are dying to be domestic divas once more. They are lapping up the attention.

well hubby says we can get to gettysburg easily enough if they can get to there. i'm happy to foster a couple and hubby may well be interested in the red twh for himself. i'm only concerned with fostering-having had no luck placing the very sweet and laidback qh yearling it looks like we'll end up keeping him. i'm more than happy to be a loving and safe stop on the way to a new home for as long as it takes,,as long as it's not too permanent!!
    i've got a four pony or three horse stock type trailer and can be in gettysburg next week if you want to take me up on it.

Default waiting for our new guy

Just want to say a huge thank-you to Lori and sidepasser for getting these horses. We are anxiously awaiting the arrival of our new, beautiful boy and will be at the barn to greet him when he arrives around 9pm tonight. Lori, please know that he will be showered with love and kindness for the rest of his life.

It is amazing what can happen once you get a group together for the greater good!

Carolinadreamin'=tell us about your boy. Which one are you getting? I am sure he is going to be sooo lucky to have such a wonderful home.

I would love to have the paso fino for myself.

Carolinadreamin's lady friends came and picked up the black QH cross. He was kind and gentle and I know he is going to be absolutely adored. The whole barn was phoning, balloons and a sign await his arrival. He is doting on the attention from here and now he is going to have a ton of kids to love him to death. He so deserved it.

The paso fino is gorgeous. I just dont understand how anyone let him go like that. His feet are trimmed, his blood taken, wormed etc etc. He actually let us groom him today and he basked in it. He will come around quickly. He is gorgeous guys.

The TW is large and kind. Really gentle. He settled right in with the herd, a gentleman. His feet are also done. Please be looking for Sidepassers pics. These guys had the longest feet i had ever seen. Farrier came IMMEDIATELY and those guys stood perfectly to get the eight inches off. They walk a lot better LOL.

I am not sure yet of the old mares age, some indications aged, others only about 20. Doesnt drop a spec of grain, eats long hay well, pasture etc. etc. She has the longest stride I have ever seen. She has a home here until we know a bit more about her. She is supposed to be a great kids horse and can be a kids horse for someone who will love her gently.

The TW mare and son got a home. Thankyou Cothers. A few more to go and we are set. Home the homeless, they wont dissappoint you.

Dreaming in SC for a paso....Oh, it is soooo tempting...I would love to have him. I don't need another horse. I don't need another horse. I don't need another horse. I "repeat" don't need another horse!

Oh, wishes, wants, desires!

How to get him here!?!

Default he's here

Well, he got here safe and sound and he is beautiful! Can't wait to see him in the daylight. Our welcoming committee (humans and horses) didn't faze him nor did the friendly barn dog (who got right under his feet). I know I've said it alot, but thanks again, Lori. He's truly a diamond in the rough.

Congratulations....it is soo exciting. Way to go for the both of you. Where are you located? In SC? Enjoy him...I know he will love you forever.

BlueWillow Guest

Did the Appendix mare find a home yet? (There was an Appendix mare, right, I didn't make that up?)

I have a friend who lost her 32 yr old *in good weight and loving life* OTTB mare last summer who might be ready again if safe reliable transport could be worked out.

Can we get the transportation train going? Would love to see these guys get to final destinations. I can't wait to see pictures of these guys. What a wonderful group of people.