The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default pics of arab gelding

Hi y'all,

Got some pics of Midnight (I am going to rename him when I see what his personality is like), and forgive the awful photos but this was done on Sunday right after I got him home and he wasn't really in the picture taking mood.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y14...htheadshot.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y14...uietatlast.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y14...longhooves.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y14...teatinghay.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y14...tface42708.jpg

He's getting real curious about me, so I did get a halter on him, and got some brushing done this morning. He's cautious and scared because of lack of handling, but he is coming around. He learned about carrots this morning, and doesn't care for dumor cookies - spit it right out on the stall floor and looked at me "hey you, you tryin to poison me". lol

Farrier is coming Thursday afternoon and he will get those hooves trimmed and will probably take two or three trims to get them back the way they are supposed to be, but that's fine. He's in good weight though in pasture shape, and doesn't bite, kick, or crib in the stall. No weaving but lots of calling out - guess he misses his buddies at Lori's.

Got to think of a name for him though..just can't call him Midnight, which is what the guy was calling him, when he wasn't calling him Blackie..sigh..

Curious George might be a good name - lol...

Default Boy is he handsome!

Boy, Sidepasser, he is so handsome! I bet he comes around quickly. Good luck with him. And how lucky he was to land with you.

What a handsome boy! Wait until he gets a pedicure. You might even have to arrange a day at the spa for him....invite others over for a horsie makeover. Sounds like fun.

Keep us updated on his progress. Kudos for transporting them all...Way to go.

You guys just make me beam.
    www.specialhorses.org
    a 501(c)3 organization helping 501(c)3 equine rescues

Oh Cindy! He's so handsome!!!! But, OY, those feetsies He's gonna just sigh with relief once they get hacked off!
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may be given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

I can pull out my chainsaw for those tootsies....

Congratulations on your guy....he is Adorable!

Thanks everyone, I like him alot, he's getting calmer but is still a little hard to catch. I'll just let him decide that I'm better for him that the running at large in the pasture was..lol.

Can't wait for the weather to warm up some and get him out to see how he likes baths. He really is nasty and needs a good makeover session. Still no aggressive behavior at all, not pushy or nasty tempered so that is good. Walks on a lead like air..hardly know he on the other end. But gets scared easily and will duck behind me like he's hiding.

Nice boy, I got the name of an arab trainer in Macon and will be going over there for the Region 12 show next week (just to watch) so will try to contact her and see what she thinks she can do with the boy.

It's all about making them into useful citizens so they have a chance to show what they are capable of.

Default blackberry

Well, since sidepasser has posted pics of her new boy, please meet a former member of his herd.

Introducing Blackberry, with a doubt the sweetest horse I've ever met. Once he sees you, even if he's in the back of his paddock, he'll come up to greet you and waits like a gentlemen for you to come in. Please note that we took this picture before the grooming sessions began!

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/f...mypig/face.jpg

He's been lapping up the attention and will stand to be groomed for hours. If anyone would like, we will post pictures after his bath (we hope!) this weekend.

Blackberry, you are a handsome fellow. I know you miss your herd, but you are in a happy place now. Where are you located? Congratulations on your new family. I know you will make them happy.

Isnt it so nice that these two boys got homes. My own friend and riding instructor took home the little old lady. Well, not as old as we thought or she looked but, aged all the same. Poor girl though, she cant walk quite right after her pedicure. Midnight looks like he has long feet but nothing came close to either Blackberry or the Paso. I am calling him Eli.If the old girl doesnt come to rights, she will have a home here at the farm.

But now Eli, he is waiting for someone special. He is like Midnight. Wont do a thing wrong but he is tense and worried. Loves to be rubbed, has discovered bowls contain food and cookies. I can walk up to him now and he does love to be patted and told how handsome he is. When I walk away, he follows me.

So now, if Eli gets a home, that will take care of the lot. A special home, someone who knows the breed. Smart, quick, and they never forget. Eli is by far the best looking Paso I have seen in a long time.
    Our horses are not seen as the old and disabled they may have become, but rather as the mighty steeds they once believed themselves to be.

Sunkissed Acres Rescue and Retirement

Eli reminds me of those pictures you see of England..the very cute pony with the bald face, high white stockings in the back...

Can you post a picture of Eli..he's black bay with a bald face, like a piebald and tiny ears..

cute, cute, cute!!

I am looking forward to seeing Eli this weekend. I am driving up on Saturday with my husband.

Side note, why do people try to talk other out of getting a rescued horse? I know someone right now who is warning me out of getting a horsey from Sunkissed acres. I ain't listening.

Oh, we need to get the hitch hiking train coming to easten GA off of I 20...close to Augusta. I can get him from there. Wish me luck!

Talking you out of gettinga horse? WHAAAAAT? Ain't any of us - we're all horsey enablers!

I am thrilled you can take on one of these new kids. Lori's already overbooked (though the new stalls someone donated have come in very handy!), every little bit helps.
    www.specialhorses.org
    a 501(c)3 organization helping 501(c)3 equine rescues

Well, it appears that my mystery boy is coming on the hitch hiking train in about two weeks. I don't know with whom or the date yet. I know all will work out. I know Lori is overbooked, and I wanted a gaited horse I can ride sooner vs later. My baby is still cooking...he is only a year old. My mustang't trot will kill me someday. I almost need a gaited horse with my joints.

I would rather rescue one and save a life than breed for one. My best horses have been my rescues in one way or another. 2 BLM mustangs and one starving TB mare. I did buy a baby last year. I guess I deserve it. He is awesome.

I get to visit Eli on Saturday. I can't wait. I have been told he is handsome. This is cruel making me wait....LOL. It will be fun. I just have to drive all of the way across the state. Joys...I am excited as all get out. Wish me luck.

Default Eli-newpaso

Best of luck! Hope he turns out as wonderful as we think Blackberry is. He was surrounded by 7 admiring girls tonight. I believe he ate it up.

We will see. I have high standards.

I certainly expect to be happy. We are going to see Eli this weekend. Wish us luck. I hope it is a match made in heaven.

Guys, take a look at my latest adopted paso fino. He isn't home yet, but Sunkissed Acres says he's mine.....yeah. Let me know what you think.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New pictures 025.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	43.3 KB 
ID:	20739   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New pictures 027.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	89.9 KB 
ID:	20740   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New pictures 034.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	20741  

Oooooh, he's a cutie pie! - But boy is he gonna feel better once those feet get hacked back to where they belong
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may be given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Thank you on the compliments. His feet were worse than this. I think Lori said his feet were the worst of all of the camp horses.....Please correct me if I am wrong Lori.

I hope in a couple of more trims that he will be semi normal...another 8 weeks or so.