The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Exclamation Rehoming 7yr old gelding...Plz read!!

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p...0534crop-1.jpg

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p.../horses009.jpg

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p...CT0550crop.jpg

I regretfully offer my best friend, King In Jeans, a soon to be 7 year old TB gelding to a new, loving home. I recent rehomed my other horse on this website, and never had plans to do the same with King. Unfortunately I am in the process of some life changes, and I dont want King to suffer. He deserves the best home possible, unfortunately I am beginning to feel I cant give him what he needs. King is on the small side (15.1hh) but is stockier than a lot of TBs. He is liver chestnut with no whites, just a simple diamond and snip on his muzzle. Currently King isnt getting very much saddle time, but he schools lines to 2'9" and courses at 2'3"-2'6". He is learning his changes and gets them 80% of the time. Ive owned King 4 years and most of his training has been dressage. He does canter serpentines, 15 meter canter circles, basic lateral work. Will be competitive through 1st level with conditioning. King also goes well at shows, on trails, bareback w/ halter and lead. Hes a really great boy and lots of fun for an intermediate or better rider. King rides well off of seat and leg and requires a balanced rider with soft seat and hands. King is a cribber but does well with a nutcracker strap. He is JC registered and ran 3 times as a two year old. He retired sound and Ive had him ever since. Hes never been off a day since Ive owned him, and Ive always kept him barefoot, even in full training 6 days per week. King will go will all of his immunization records, papers, and a no sale contract. Would make an awesome horse for a pony clubber or smaller adult rider.
    Last edited by fuzzybluecloud; Nov. 13, 2007 at 07:13 PM.

bump!! This is not a rescue!! This horse has lots of pro training and is an awesome horse!! I have him listed on dreamhorse but Im in a bad situation right now. I injured myself and am unable to ride for a few months, and am in the middle of a lot of life changes... this is my best friend and its just not fair for him to sit in a field!!

Where are you/he located?

Egg Harbor Twp in Atlantic County, NJ

PM sent!!
    "to each his own..."

just a horse obsessed girl who finds blogging way more fun than being an adult...
    http://equinerainman274.wordpress.com/

Do you want this horse to have a forever home, or just place him until your life gets back where you need to be? From your ad it certainly seems like he's nice enough to sell. I can understand a right of first refusal, and obviously you would prefer a forever home, but lots of folks that might be tempted by a really nice "free" horse, may end up in the same situation as you are now. If the "Ritz Carlton" of horse barns interests you for your boy, pm me, my sister is looking for a small horse to do the 2'6" with at small local shows. She needs a horse that is quiet both on the ground and under saddle. If those two things describe your boy, let me know. I'm in KY.

Wow. He is beautiful. Good luck placing him in the best situation possible....I'm sorry you have to do this. {{{hugs}}}

What a wonderful horse, I wish I were in the position to take another at this time, he would have a forever home too...good luck...
    "A good rider can hear his horse speak to him. A great rider can hear his horse whisper.

Proud member of the Insomnia Clique

Thank you all for responding so quickly!! Please feel free to pass this information to friends and clients!! I really need an excellent home for him!!

2ndyrgal sent you a pm!!

Default Wow

Hi,
    Don't know how to work the "PM"s so I'll send this through the regular BB. I'm a low-level manager/trainer in Virginia and looking to find a new best friend after I had to put my first best friend down last February. I'm not looking to intensively show, maybe a local here and there as it worked out with my students, but more to just have a horse that I can pamper and ride. I'll jump around a bit, but mostly I like doing lower level dressage stuff and trail riding.

Your guy sounds exactly like what I'd love to love. Please PM (if you can work the internet better than me!) if we sound like a match. I have pictures of my riding on my myspace page (www.myspace.com/nektosha) which although sounds really suspicious, I am 27 and responsible!

Hope all is well!
    N

Tanguerey Holly..my email is [email]fuzzybluecloud@yahoo.com ... Id love to hear more...your situation seems like it really would be great for him...and for you as well...oh yeah and I have a myspace too...lol...!!

Even though I only saw him once, he is a sweet horse. Whom ever takes him will be getting a wonderful horse. This coming from the person who took her Bay TB only 2 weeks ago. If I could I would have taken King as well, but 3 horses, right now, it too much for me.
    Goldielox~~mommy to Opal a.k.a. Squeaky Sneakers, now knows as SIZE MATTERS, and newest baby Pizzazy a.k.a Zaz or Zazzy boy~ http://s125.photobucket.com/albums/p...er69/opal/Zaz/

Bumping to keep this post near the top...I really need to place him....is it really that no one is interested??

Unfortunately you are on the wrong coast for me to be of help.......and too far away from my cousin as well.....(dangnambit)

He looks totally awesome and I hope you find him a good home soon.

I PM'd you fuzzy

He looks wonderful! All the best wishes with his rehoming & your transition.

I hope you find him a great home! It sounds like an amazing deal for someone.

I'd be interested but I need a horse for a 10 year old girl and a 61 year old woman, he sounds like they'd drive him crazy (they drive me crazy!).

Lol ambrey...hes awesome with young kids and old women both, but as a permanent situation, one will definately drive the other insane!! Good luck in your search!! Also who was the 20 something girl who likes low level dressage? If youre on here, and still cant figure out this pm thing let me know...Id love to consider your farm as an option!!

Aww fuzzy, sorry to see your haveing to do this, it must be breaking your heart as I know how much he means to you. I hope he gets a good home, he is a sweet heart.
    What happend to ya?