The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Default Mare Sharing--free broodmare leases

We wanted to offer a place separate from the Giveaways forum where breeders offering or looking for FREE broodmare lease opportunities could get in touch with each other. So here it is!

Mare owners looking to rehome their girls are still welcome to post in Giveaways, but we thought keeping most of broodmare lease-specific posts confined to one thread here would be more convenient and organized and allow Giveaways to stay a bit better focused on true rehoming situations.

A few guidelines:

Leases must be FREE, except for taking over the horse's expenses.

To make the posts more clear, start off with a Bold Title that makes some of the basic info clear, such as whether it's a WANTED or AVAILABLE situation, some basics on the mare and your LOCATION.

We'll sticky the thread for a while until everyone gets a chance to see it.

Thanks!

Default TB broodmare for lease

Thanks, Mods. I'll bite!
    Ini is a beautiful 15.3 TB mare. Great bloodlines (a Prince John granddaughter), a great flat-kneed floaty mover, great conformation, great temperament, great producer (last filly by Pengwyn placed at Upperville in the pony yearling fillies class last year)--the whole package. She is an easy breeder, an easy keeper, and is very easy to work around.
    She's also sound, for those interested. She has done some local showing in hunters and, most recently, lower level eventing.

There are some pics of her on the website, www.fenwayfarm.net/Ini. I have a few better conformation pics as well as nicer headshot (she has a beautiful head and the pics on the site don't really show that) that I just haven't put up yet. Also pics of her last foal, for those interested.

Default APHA solid colored Broodmare in VA

Carolina is 14.3, would be great for producing large ponies. She is a proven broodmare, dam of 5 foals, has always conceived on the first breeding cycle, easy foaler, excellent mother.

Produced color when bred to Tobiano, solid when bred to Overo.

She is registered as Paint breeding stock with the APHA and is 14 years old. She is solid dark bay. Easy keeper, easy to handle. Was an all around athlete that I used for hunting, trail riding and cattle work before a stifle injury ended her under saddle career.

No special needs other than a joint supplement, which I will be happy to provide.

She gets along with everybody, just likes to make mare faces.

http://s288.photobucket.com/albums/l...Farm/APHAmare/
    Last edited by dawglover; Apr. 16, 2008 at 02:23 PM. Reason: photo link
    Save lives! Adopt a pet from your local shelter.

Default OldNA Main Mare Book mare in Central Texas available for lease

Tomboy is registered BWP and approved with OldNA in their Main Mare Book. She would also be eligible for BWP and RPSI.

She is 16hh, chestnut and has a very sweet temperament. Her sire is Galant (Aram/Nimmerdor) and she is out of a TB mare. Had a foal when she was 3 and has been a riding horse since then. An old injury prevents her from progressing further in her riding career.

Easy keeper with no special needs at all. Up to date on deworming, vaccinations, Coggins and farrier. In great health and weight.
    Triple J Ranch Sporthorses
    www.triplejsporthorse.com
    Member - OMGiH I LOFF my mare(s) clique

Default Main Mare Book Holsteiner approved TB

Lacey is a 15.2hh 17yr.old grey registered TB. Shown as a Level 5/6 jumper before suspensory problems forced retirement. She is an excellent mother, easy to handle, and an easy breeder. No health problems and is pasture sound. Has had two babies (both colts) by Todd Minikus' Oh Star. First baby matured near 16.2hh, second is, at 1.5 yrs old, ~15.3.

Her pedigree can be found at http://www.pedigreequery.com/hopkinsville+lady. Her sire line is the same line that produced Sacramento Song, grandsire of all those fabulous S line jumpers and dressage horses like Silvio, Shutterfly, Sando Hit, etc. On the dam line, there are numerous eventing and jumping stallions. Shown successfully for several years on the A circuit with placings in Wellington, Lake Placid, etc. Picture of her jumping can be found at: http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...35201664KgmNWo

Judges first comments at her Holsteiner approval, "The pedigree of this mare is phenomenal and she stands to offer significant improvement to the Holsteiner book". Currently in foal to Quinar for (hopefully!) April 21 foal.

Her colt from last year is easy to handle and was recently freejumped. Pictures may be found at
    http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...35201664HjXJLb
    http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...35201664aWUrMD

More pictures of Lacey and her 2006 colt can be found at:
    http://good-times.webshots.com/album/563121369OcIITP

I would prefer she stay in close proximity to me (Rockville Maryland) until the new foal is weaned, but I am open to offers from the right person.

PM if interested.

Default Trak/Tb mare for lease

The owner of Dove, who just had the filly Ruby for me, is needing a home this year. She is by the TK stallion Hailo and o/o a t'bred mare. You can go to my website for photos of both her and my filly this year www.emeraldacrestk.com, photos of Dove ("Devotion") are under Broodmares and photos of Ruby are under the foals section.

Here is all the info on her and feel free to email or pm me for more info!!

She was a maiden with Ruby. She caught with one dose of frozen (and my vet has never used frozen prior to this breeding), she was "the happiest preg mare ever" while she was preg - absolutly no issues. She has been an excellent mommy and her foaling was textbook on day 337.

The mare is a 3rd level dressage horse and is a joy to be around. Absolutly no issues whatsoever. Can go out with horses, or be alone, no aggression whatsoever with humans EVER. Beautiful mare with 3 good gaits. Very calm mare that is very level headed.

She will need to stay at my place until Ruby is weaned and I have her inspected with the ATA (in early Oct in Jacksonville FL). I will not charge board for her while she is here until after the inspection... all the next leasor will need to pay for is their vet costs to have her bred. (my vet is not expensive either!). The owner only requires that you pay for her normal upkeep (farrier - the mare is barefoot, feed, normal vet etc) and pay for her insurance while she is being bred (was around $300 for the year and we would pay part of that since she is here until October).

Human mom is a vet and is very easy to work with.
    Emerald Acres standing the ATA Approved Stallion, Tatendrang. Visit us at our Facebook Farm Page as well!

tzarreich5 Guest

Default Trakehner/Dutch/Holsteiner mare for lease/ownership

Hi everyone,
    This may be a tad late for this year, but my mare is due on April 30th, and as I have no plans to rebreed her and she is retired, I would like to either breed lease her out or find her an excellent home (free either way).
    She is 20 years old. Pregelstrand x Flaneur Trakehner, bay with lots of chrome. She has had 3 successful pregnancies (hopefully the fourth on its way very shortly). She had an abortion two years ago at 8 months, cause unknown. She took on the first try this time, required Regumate to get the embryo to go, and the pregnancy has been very uneventful.
    She is in the Trakehner and Dutch studbooks, and is approved Holsteiner as well. I plan to have her approved GOV with her current foal.
    She competed very well at dressage and hunters before retiring. She loves being a mom!
    She is located in Grass Valley, CA and would need to stay here until the foal is weaned.

Default Trakehner Mare OSB-A

If anyone is willling to free-lease my 14-year old maiden ATA registered and approved Trakehner mare, I would be willing to donate a free breeding to my Graditz son, For Pete's Sake, who was collected prior to being gelded last year. Frozen semen is available. The mare is by LaFleur out of a Casar mare, has substantial bone, and is a lovely, lovely mover with an exceptionaly sweet temperament.

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...lisa/alisa.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...acaOct2007.jpg
    Last edited by lilypondlane; Apr. 17, 2008 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Correct picture site address
    ~Another proud member of the TrakehNERD clique ~

Default AVAILABLE - Thoroughbred mares

Thank you, Moderators!

Registered Thoroughbred mares available for free lease, for breeding or for embryo transfer. Located in the Pacific Northwest. Varied colors/heights/pedigrees. PM me for more information!
    It's a uterus, not a clown car. - Sayyedati

Default Swedish Warmblood Mare - FOUND HOME

We (Dodon Farm) have a 2002 mare by Salute The Truth out of a Swedish Warmblood Mare. Game of Truth is a gorgeous and correct flaxen chesntut mare, 16.2 hands tall, that injured her stifle as a yearling. She is comfortable but unsound for riding - she's got great bloodlines for an eventing broodmare, though! She can be registered PHR (in fact, we have the papers ready to go in), but was never registered with SWANA. Her dam, Gamine, was a 1995 17h dark bay mare by Galapard out of Ellen Shepherd's Devon-winning mare, Karinka. Gamine herself was never ridden due to having contracted tendons as a foal (which was never an issue with any of her offspring or any of Karinka's other offspring). The only picture we actually have of Game is from when she was a foal (we can take more if requested): http://www.dodonfarm.com/images/Game.jpg Here is her pedigree: http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/game+of+truth

You can also see her full brother, Truth to Power here: http://www.dodonfarm.com/images/Powy3.jpg and here: http://www.dodonfarm.com/images/Powy-2.jpg

We'd like to find a permanent home for Game, though we might consider a free lease for this breeding season - she is free to an approved home! Please email Steuart at dodonfarm@verizon.net for more information.

I just uploaded 3 pictures of Game that I took today (Friday, April 25) - will post more when I can get her hairy self de-haired and shiny. http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...39146725hxqYyk

Game found a forever home this summer that is local. With her injury, we weren't sure about shipping her far. Hopefully we'll see some of her offspring in the near future!
    Last edited by Erin Pittman; Sep. 13, 2008 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Updated status
    Erin
    Dodon Farm - Home of Salute The Truth, Thoroughbred Stallion and on Facebook
    The Retired Racehorse Training Project, a 501(c)3 Non profit organization.

Default TB Stakes or Hunter Mare in PA - AWR 1st Premium- Free Lease

UPDATE: She is only available if you want the foal, in which case , she is now in foal to DUCKHORN, Paying stud fee, costs and board... I do have a TB breeder friend who has several mares she will lease, some off farm.

I would like to do an "on farm" free lease for my 16.1 hand TB mare, Dollars For Sally (Pas Seul- Our Native). She is not riding sound due to a broken sesamoid, but is in hand sound. She won several Championships in Hunter Breeding including Grand Champion TB at the well attended and prestigious MD State Fair (of 60+ entries). Several Coth'er's either know her from showing or have seen her at inspections.

She is a wonderful producer, First Premium AWR and a LOVELY MOVER with wonderful technique and scope over 3'6". She has had 3 foals by our stallion Beste Gold. Last year she was in foal at 60 days and barren at 90. It was too late to rebreed and this year I need to concentrate on my WB mares, since we have only three foals a year. I have a GREAT and very reasonable Repro vet and on farm frozen semen storage.

I do not know much about Tb racing, but it is my understanding that she could produce dual discipline offspring in Stakes horse / Hunters, and could be shipped to breed to TB sires.
    Full brother to:
    A LITTLE LUCK (g. by Pas Seul). 11 wins, 3 to 6, $489,894, W. L. McKnight H. [G2], Laurel Turf Cup
    S. [G3], Princeton S. (MED, $24,000), Rushing Man S. (MED, $24,000), 2nd Meadowlands
    Endurance S. [L] (MED, $12,000), Your Host S. (DEL, $8,880), 3rd Bougainvillea H. [G3],
    Meadowlands Endurance S. [L] (MED, $6,000).

Pedigree:Dollars For Sally

We are located near Gettysburg PA.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HoneyConf2.jpg 
Views:	401 
Size:	125.6 KB 
ID:	20586   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HoneySideTrotAWR.jpg 
Views:	418 
Size:	134.6 KB 
ID:	20587   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HoneyStand.jpg 
Views:	398 
Size:	126.5 KB 
ID:	20588   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HoneyTrot.jpg 
Views:	406 
Size:	125.0 KB 
ID:	20590  
    Last edited by MagicRoseFarm; May. 22, 2008 at 07:14 PM.
    "It's not how good you ride, It's how good your horse covers for you." -Kristan
    Magic Rose Farm- home of Beste Gold & Hot Shot
    Beste Gold & Offspring on Facebook
    Magic Rose Farm Warmbloods on FB

Post Many TB Mares and Welsh/TB Mare-Cleveland Bay Sporthorse Available

I have many TB mares I would lease out. Most have had 1/4 or 1/2 Cleveland Bay foals. I would prefer on farm lease and basically you would just pay for feed, vet. I'd do the care on my dime. It would be one low monthly fee and would include all normal vet, farrier, deworming. You pay only vet related directly to the foal. We are talking under $200 a month! I just have too many mares and would prefer to know the foals were going somewhere when they foaled. I'd even do it and throw in a breeding to my Cleveland Bay Sporthorse if someone wanted a 3/4 TB, 1/4 CB. Email or PM me for more information. I have many proven tb mares, including a small A circuit hunter and a 16.3 hand retired jumper mare.

Update: mares are foaling! I am beginning to rebreed, if anyone is interested they can still do it on a bred mare and just pay the back bills. I'd offer this all year long. Have too many mares but would rather have them bred then just mowing my pastures and burning hay! The 1/4 CB foals are coming and are wonderful. Lainey Asker rode a 1/4 CB at Rolex. These are similarly bred!

Mares Available
    Show Sis 15.3 hand black tb mare bred back to All Eyez On Me
    I Wood 16.1 hand bay tb mare breeding back to All Eyez On Me
    Concrete Angel 15.2 hand bay tb mare, proven hunter breeding back to All Eyez On Me
    Darlin Playgirl 15.3 hand bay tb mare breeding back to All Eyez On Me
    Also have some really nice pony mares. Have a fancy Welsh/TB mare 13.2 who produced Sweet Talk a nationally ranked small green hunter pony in 2007, would lease her out if someone was interested.
    Last edited by aspenlucas; Jun. 14, 2008 at 10:08 PM.
    Maria Hayes-Frosty Oak Stables
    Home to All Eyez On Me, 1998 16.2 Cleveland Bay Sporthorse Stallion
    & FrostyOak Hampton 2008 Pure Cleveland Bay Colt
    www.frostyoaks.com

Arrow WANTED: palomino warmblood/sporthorse

Can be on farm lease, looking for 08 season or 09 (if it takes that long). Would prefer closer to NJ, but can't be too picky on location.

Default 16.3H TB mare by Bit Of Class

Free lease available on a 16.3H Bit Of Class daughter. I am not going to rebreed this year and she is too nice of a mare to not use. She was 3rd as a yearling on the line in the IHF and a champion over fences at Warrenton. She is a sabino chestnut. I would prefer that she stays on my farm in FL.

Here is her pedigree:

http://www.pedigreequery.com/caramel+puff

I have attached pics of her as a yearling and a four year old, plus her dam (bay) and her 2008 colt.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CaramelPuffYrlg[1].JPG 
Views:	309 
Size:	94.9 KB 
ID:	20617   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cara_OF1.JPG 
Views:	322 
Size:	120.9 KB 
ID:	20618   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cara's Dam.JPG 
Views:	267 
Size:	56.0 KB 
ID:	20620   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CaraColt 21Apr2008 053small.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	179.4 KB 
ID:	20621  
    Last edited by allanglos; Apr. 24, 2008 at 03:57 PM.
    The Inverted Y
    Anglo Arabian Sporthorses
    2005 and 2007 USEF Breeder of the Year.
    www.allanglos.net

Hundreds of half priced champion stallions
    www.SHNpayback.org

Default Like to Lease a Dutch Broodmare in Or or Wa

Must be popular Dutch Dressage Bloodlines. Modern, uphill, proven, xrayed and great temperment, between 16 and 17 hands. Will provide excellent home during lease near Portland, OR.

Default Free Lease-7yr TB Mare, Proven Broodmare, Raleigh NC

Offered for off farm lease, prefer east coast, south area.

Proven broodmare, 15.2 hands, petite, ideal to cross with ponies; great temperament, was under saddle but not riding sound-kicked in pasture and chipped her seasmoid, fully recovered from surgery and I will be gone for a year internship so will not breed her this year.

Great mother, textbook pregnancy and delivery

Her two yr Trak/Tb is bigger boned, very uphill, balanced, with a laidback temperament

For photos visit www.cascadesporthorses.com

Leasee responsible for expenses and insurance

Can also be used for embryo transfers

Free lease needed on my warmblood mare (unfortunately I do not have papers on her), as I am going to graduate school. She is in foal to Olivier right now and is due May 5th. I am hoping to get her registered in the lower mare book (KWPN) and get both her and her foal inspected this summer/early fall. She is available for free lease, embryo transfer, or just retirement after her foal is weaned in October. I will pay all bills until then but the leasee is expected to pay breeding fees.

She is an 18hh buckskin, has competed through Training Level Eventing and First level dressage (but schooled through Third with changes). She is an easy keeper and loves everyone.

She has an old injury to her right hind hock (still has some scare tissue) but still is sound enough for light work (walk, trot, canter stretching work) and loves to trail ride (and go swimming!).

If anyone is interested, please send a pm. I can also send pictures.

Default Free tb broodmare

Also posted on Giveaways. Free 1991 Bay tb broodmare. 16.1H, Special Angel has had several registered JC foals. She does not have JC papers but this is not a problem when breeding tbs. She is a nice big, stocky mare, and produces large foals. She is pigeon toed, but has not passed this on to her foals or their offspring, so I do not believe it is a hereditary problem. She is a nice sweet mare with no vices. Open and ready to breed. She is an easy breeder and keeper. Located in MI.

Wink Huckleberry Bey/Bask mare for lease

Winning show horse - Arab circuit Scottsdale top 10, regional champion. Has shown dressage - 9 on free walk, scores to 74% ! Has also competed in endurance, and mounted orienteering. Reliable mind, iron body!

Drop dead gorgeous mover and passes it on to her kids. Great temperament, super mom, easy to breed and foal.

Not too many available with her show record and bloodlines!
    Anyone wants to have fun and win at sporthorse nationals?!
    Last edited by Moderator 1; May. 1, 2008 at 07:43 AM. Reason: mention of sale horses

Thumbs up 16.2 CH Trakehner Champion mare for lease

Super mom, great conformation, stable mind. Shown in Dressage - won championship with score of 76%, lovely mover - as per judges! Would also be suitable to produce hunters - movement and bloodlines. USDF in hand Championship qualified in one outing!

I have a daughter of hers available on farm to see and for sale.