The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BlueWillow Guest

Hi Katie-Nicole, sorry for your CrockPot troubles!

I am brand new--and am both a horse person and a bunny person. A horse friend pointed me to your thread.

I am very interested in giving your mischievious bunny girl a home. (Yes, you may judge my sanity, based on this, hehe.)

Seriously, though, I have a small-home based bunny rescue, currently not taking any new intakes, but I have a Lop boy who lost his bondmate several months ago and is very lonely. His bondmate was quite the diva as well, so they hopefully would be quite suited to each other.

I have a good rabbit vet here--my Lop boy is neutered and I would plan on spaying Crockpot, then introducing them.

I've been doing rabbit rescue and rehab for years, have a lot of support, and I have a lot of experience with, er, shall we say "difficult" bunnies.

So, not sure I am The Bunny Whisperer you are looking for, but if you're interested, email me. We would have to work out transport arrangements, but I have friends who would be glad to help.

If Bluewillow doesn't work out, I just might take her. I have an ex-BM that was sucha jerk that it might be worth it to let it loose in his car... JK
    Celtic Charisma (R.I.P) ~ http://flickr.com/photos/rockandracehorses/2387275281
    Proud owner of "The Intoxicated Moose!"
    "Hope is not an executable plan" ~ My Mom
    I love my Dublin-ator

Yay!!! I hope a new home with BlueWillow works out for Crockpot!

BlueWillow Guest

Hey Katie-Nicole, did you get my email?

My email software is quirky at best, so just checking in to make sure you got it.

Was going to start working out transport details with some friends, since I know you're anxious to get Crockpot into a new home soon.

Let me know, thanks!

Talking Placed

Crockpot actually left yesterday to her new home with Karla in Vermont. Karla promises to don hockey pads if need be to provide this hell bunny a new home. Good luck to them both!

BlueWillow Guest

Katie-Nicole, thank you for posting this update.

As I had mentioned to you, I had several folks working hard to make the transport happen, and since there were no PMs or email responses from you, we'd continued on that, assuming the bunny was still looking for placement.

Glad to have an answer now, and sincerely hope this is a knowledgeable bunny adopter, who will make sure the bunny's needs are met, including a spay and good vet check-up.

Good luck to Karla and the cute bunny girl.

If something happens that this placement does not work out, feel free to forward my contact info to Karla and we'll be glad to continue to help.

Have a good day!

YAY for Crockpot!!!

ETA: YAY for Karla too!!! Good luck!!!

ETA also: Good effort for BlueWillow!!! YAY for trying even though you didn't get Crockpot! That's a lucky bunny.

Gaslight Guest

Karla here--

Demelza (formerly Crockpot) is the sweetest bunny! She's, ahem, horny, but Thursday she has a date with the vet to take care of that! She loves her new condo and can sniff her bun-neighbors. The neutered male might have jumpstarted her hormones, but he couldn't care less about her agitated state.

She snuggled for the first time last night and has jumped into my lap.

It's weird, though - the picture that had been posted here doesn't match her current markings. It's like she's two different rabbits....

http://i32.tinypic.com/beg8k4.jpg

ETA2: Oh, it looks like you just snagged a lionhead photo from the internet. Original Photo
    Last edited by Gaslight; Apr. 29, 2008 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Added comparison photo; 2nd ETA: original photo link

The photo was sent to me by a friend, saying it was taken of Crockpot. I'll be honest, I didn't look at that little monster all that much. Frankly, she was so evil, that opening up her cage to take any other pics of her was out of the question. I'm sorry about the confusion. Glad she made it to you well.