The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Stallions Hotline and Furst Romancier

Has anyone seen offspring from either of these two stallions? I am told that they have outstanding temperaments and rideability. Also interested to know what type of mare they cross best with. Thanks.

I have seen a lot of Hotline foals, here is mine from last year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AEvgIpYlZI

Dam is SPS Ladybug (Londonderry/SPS WIttinger/SPS Grande).

All the foals I have seen were brown (he is homozeougus for dark). Most leggy. Movement and type varies (as with most stallions I suppose).

I do think he needs a mare with some blood and who are a little pretty (typie).

Linda
    Linda Woltz
    www.walnut-farm.com
    standing Benidetto (Belissimo M/SPS COrdoba)

I have seen a lot of Hotline foals, here is mine from last year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AEvgIpYlZI

Dam is SPS Ladybug (Londonderry/SPS WIttinger/SPS Grande).

All the foals I have seen were brown (he is homozeougus for dark). Most leggy. Movement and type varies (as with most stallions I suppose).

I do think he needs a mare with some blood and who are a little pretty (typie).

Linda
    Linda Woltz
    www.walnut-farm.com

I have seen a number of really good beautiful Hotline foals also out of mares that do not have TB close up.

I have heard some are also being born with quite ugly heads, but that is to be expected of any stallion since because Hotline had Trakehner close, many types of mares were bred to him. I would definitely try Hotline.

I LOVED Furst Romancier from the presentation, and he got very good scores in his testing. Many people are going to breed to him in Germany, but to him, the breeders seem a bit more cautious in the beginning than they were with Holtine putting more refined mares to him that are smaller since he is quite big.

I think Furst Romancier is one of the nicest stallions I have seen in a while...there is something really cool about the way he moves and uses himself. I actually just watched the video last nite...he can't have more than one foal crop on the ground yet can he?
    www.svhanoverians.com

"Simple: Breeding,Training, Riding". Wolfram Wittig.

Henrik Bundgaard Guest

Default Black hotline foal

Last summer we had a black Hotline Foal, If you like to se a few pictures then email henrik@bundgaard-it.dk
    First of al - he is a nice tempered nice guy and looking very close to his father.
    Kindly
    Henrik
    Denmark

Hejsa Henrik!

Det er da pudsigt at se dig her paa det amerikanske internet!

Har du evt en hjemmeside?

Venligst linda
    Linda Woltz
    www.walnut-farm.com

Can anyone share their results with using Furst Romancier's frozen?
    Kendra
    Runningwater Warmbloods & Mare Station

Home of SPS Diorella (Donnerhall/ Akut) and EM Raleska (Rascalino/ Warkant) 'Like' us on Facebook

I have one mare that was just bred with Furst Romancier. Vet says semen quality was excellent with at least 50% motility. I bred him to my lighter mare, Baroncelli/Walt Disney, but she's got some big stuff in the background. Can't wait to see if she took.
    I have friend in Germany who called me a few months ago to tell me about this stallion. Says he's one of the most elastic horses he's seen in a long time. A top mover but yes big.

Quote Originally Posted by Walnut Farm View Post
    Hejsa Henrik!

Det er da pudsigt at se dig her paa det amerikanske internet!

Har du evt en hjemmeside?

Venligst linda
    hey, hey, no fair!!!

Siegi B has a really neat Hotline filly this year. Maybe she will post some pics.

Quote Originally Posted by mmt View Post
    I have seen a number of really good beautiful Hotline foals also out of mares that do not have TB close up.

I have heard some are also being born with quite ugly heads, but that is to be expected of any stallion since because Hotline had Trakehner close, many types of mares were bred to him. I would definitely try Hotline.
    Can you elaborate on your comment about mares not having TB close up? Many people commenting about Hotline foals have felt that he did need TB up close. I have his semen for a mare with TB up close, so I'm interested in why you think not.
    Mystic Owl Sporthorses
    www.mysticowlsporthorses.com

Who distributes Furst Romanicer semen here in the USA?
    http://www.talloaksfarm.net ---"Success is not final, failure is not fatal; it is the courage to continue that counts." --- Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by talloaks View Post
    Who distributes Furst Romanicer semen here in the USA?
    Judy Yancey has Fuerst Romancier.

My mare is confirmed in foal to Furst Romancier on one dose.

I have to agree with Walnut Farm.... Hotline needs an elegant, modern mare with a pretty head. And for everybody that chimes in to remind us that Hotline is a Trakehner son - go check out Hofrat's head. It's not your typical Trakehner head, that's for sure.

So I bred my Contango/Doruto mare to Hotline and got a BIG filly with lots of bone, not the prettiest head in the world, but GREAT temperament and lots of power. And yes, Hotline took care of all the white coming from the damline and gave my filly the merest hint of some ermine spots on one hind pastern.

Here are pictures to show you primarily the filly's head and then her coloring compared to her dam (she's going to be a very dark bay when she sheds out).

The first picture shows her at 6 days old...
    http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/e...panishwalk.jpg

The next two were taken at 3 weeks...
    http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/e...head3weeks.jpg

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/e...illy3weeks.jpg

And last but not least, here is her head at 2 months...
    http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/e...nehead2mos.jpg
    Siegi Belz
    www.stalleuropa.com
    2007 KWPN-NA Breeder of the Year
    Dutch Warmbloods Made in the U. S. A.

Quote Originally Posted by log hollow View Post
    My mare is confirmed in foal to Furst Romancier on one dose.

Congratulations Dar, did you get it from JY??
    http://www.talloaksfarm.net ---"Success is not final, failure is not fatal; it is the courage to continue that counts." --- Winston Churchill

Just want to second what Seigi and Linda mentioned. Hofrat and Hotline do NOT have the prettiest heads and are solidly constructed horses. What I like about both is that they are modern in type yet still have good bone. What I hoped to get and I think I got from Hofrat(Hotline's sire) was a more "dryly" conformed foal that is strong in type and has excellent temperament/ridability. Also wanted an outcross bloodline for future breeding....no D,R,W or S. I have two Hofrat fillies that are full sisters. One has a more noble head(Hofrat head) the other a beautiful dishy head. Both are excellent atheletes. The first Hofrat is amazingly similar to Seigi's Hotline. Her dam is a Sabino chestnut and and the only white on either filly is a tiny hind sock.

I think if you have a "more modern" type of Warmblood mare, then you do not need the thoroughbred up close.( I think that is what MMT is referring to.) Having Thouroughbred blood upclose does not always quarantee refinement.

AND I can't wait for pictures next year from those who bred to Furst Romancier. They will be exciting foals to see!

Picture of first Hofrat at two months(ET dam)

http://www.crosiadorefarm.com/Hofrat...%20Violett.jpg

Second Hofrat

http://www.crosiadorefarm.com/Donna'...20trot%202.jpg

Head

http://www.crosiadorefarm.com/Donna'...lly%20face.jpg

I too have a Hotline from a very typey Rohdiamant mare. The colt has a noble head. He also has longer legs than mama. At one point I was not so sure of him as he was bulking up more that I would have expected. Now that he is 6 months old, I see what I liked in him as a baby. He has a super engine, very easy, outgoing temperament, three good gaits.

Hotline took away any white at all. He will be a dark bay with no markings except for a partial hind sock.

Wink

Yes Bernie, I did purchase the Furst Romancier from Judy Yancey. I bought two doses, so I already have a breeding for next year.

Honestly, we didn't even get a chance to look at the semen as there was nothing left in the tube when we took it back to the lab. We knew our timing was good, but left us uncertain about the quality for 14 days since we didn't have any left over semen to look at.

Well, obviously it was good!!!

Quote Originally Posted by log hollow View Post
    Yes Bernie, I did purchase the Furst Romancier from Judy Yancey. I bought two doses, so I already have a breeding for next year.

Honestly, we didn't even get a chance to look at the semen as there was nothing left in the tube when we took it back to the lab. We knew our timing was good, but left us uncertain about the quality for 14 days since we didn't have any left over semen to look at.

Well, obviously it was good!!!
    Congratulations!!! I sure want to see that foal next year!!