The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Fabulous GP Fjord - Guus

You must see this story:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JeDYoQtJv_8

what an amazing Fjord and what a beautiful girl!

it's not the edge of the earth, but you can see it from here

I used to have a picture of the upper level Fjord "Wes" blown up on the wall at the Fjord farm. He was our role model.

They can be GREAT little dressage machines. Not all of them--some are too drafty, some have no canter... but some are just the cat's meow.
    InnisFailte Pinto Sporthorses & Coloured Cobs
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bits are like cats, what's one more? (Petstorejunkie)

Thumbs up

Thanks for telling us about the video. Loved it! (I've often wondered what a Fjord'a mane looks like when it is not roached.)

the other fjord's name is Wez.

Just goes to show...

That was just awesome! Thanks for posting it!

What a sweet story. Thank you for sharing it.

Did anyone else recognize some of the music from the Black Beauty movie that came out a few years ago?

That was awesome. Thanks for posting
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may be given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Yes, I fell in love with these little guys at a show here in Washington. Anne Appleby was riding Wez in a 3rd level test and it was love at first sight!!! I had never seen a Fjord before so, of course, had to approach her at the show to ask her 1000 questions about the breed and the fawn over Wez.

Well, long story short, Anne and I became friends due to our shared love of Fjords and dressage. She helped me find my 1st Fjord, Tilig.

Anne earned her USDF bronze, silver, and gold on Wez. It was quite emotional because it was terrifically difficult work (it is on any horse, but MUCH harder with one who's built to pull a cart!). However, she was and continues to be, an inspiration that it can be done with the right help, hard work, and alot of luck (horse needs to stay sound)!

What a great story, thanks for sharing! There was another related link of some freestyle:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=v3LKw2tuh4Y&feature=related
    Don't wrassle with a hog. You just get dirty, and the hog likes it.

Collecting Thoroughbreds - tales of a re-rider and some TBs

Aww. She had me with the pictures of her as a child on Guus with her homemade bridle.
    If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats. - Lemony Snicket

What a wonderful story. I would love to see more of this in the dressage world today.

Talk about inspiration. This gives me a tiny bit more hope for me and my grade QH, who everyone swears he has had to have had some Fjord in him somewhere. Same days it just seems so impossible that we'll ever get anywhere, but this gives you something to work toward.

Loved this video.

I have a fjordX, Toby, that I have shared pics with. He's such a great horse, too. We've been dabbling with some beginning reining and drill team stuff. We are going to do an Extreme Cowboy competition in May. That will be fun. He is just a brave horse, ready to try anything.

I think we need pics of the grade qh/fjord.

What a beautiful pair! I almost cried watching but that could also be attributed to hormones...but I digress. It is so cool to see breeds that are alternative enjoying the benefits of dressage and bringing it to the masses. They are like ambassadors from the non-warmblood world to say "Hey! We can do this too!!"

they are such fun little buggars! I ride a haflinger in my dressage lessons who is an absolute dream. I used to ride lippizzans and i'll tell you those little potatos ride alot like the boroque breeds.
    Thanks for sharing! it's nice to have validation that what i feel my little potato is capable of can be achieved.
    www.destinationconsensusequus.com
    chaque pas est fait ensemble

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was teary eyed!
    Friesians Rule !!

We have a Fjord in our barn who is sired by a GP Fjord - but the one we've got is just sooo slow and lazy haha! Didn't get his daddy's good genes I guess! I used to ride a Haffy who was just fabulous. A brat, but, when ridden right, could have done anything. Now his owners just keep him in a stall all day because he's "too much."

aww so cute! Love fjords and definitly hoping someday i can have a pair to drive and ride.

Speaking of fjord crosses, i have worked with a couple fjord x qh. They make amazing mountain horses due to them being very sturdy and calm but a bit more athelitic then most normal fjords. They were both a very cool orange with blond mane with black dorsal stripe. Pretty cool boys but i wouldnt have said dressage material ! lol Tom the tank, viking ( both pure fjords), Dundee and dun it were the crosses.

P.