The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Quaterback

Anyone have any Quaterback offspring due this year? I am VERY interested to see what he throws!

I believe these are Judy Yancey's fillies from last year http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=0
    Last edited by Fairview Horse Center; Mar. 23, 2008 at 01:24 PM.

From what I have seen so far (last year and this). Depends on the mare. One from a super moving mare (Worldly) had a spectacular filly (can make a video). The others were more average in movement. But leggy for sure!

There should be MANY coming this year, and looked at two mares in foal to him that were for sale.

Sincerely LInda
    Linda Woltz
    www.walnut-farm.com
    standing Benidetto (Belissimo M/SPS COrdoba)

haha, I followed the youtube link a little further and found this;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CU4Fw...eature=related

I love how the handlers have to work in a relay team to keep the pace up! So funny. Im assuming they are trying to get a canter?

And Im adoring this little minx
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMath...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by scottishgirl View Post
    I love how the handlers have to work in a relay team to keep the pace up! So funny. Im assuming they are trying to get a canter?
    That is the way it is done in Germany. At November Hill Farm the auctions were done the same way, handing off to waiting handlers. Fresh legs! Not to get a canter, just to really show the trot.

How is he in build? Quite heavy in stature? His one conf picture I have seen he looked quite heavy/substantial considering his age.
    Cindy's Warmbloods
    www.cindyswarmbloods.com Cindy's Warmbloods
    www.facebook.com/CindysWarmbloods Join Us on Facebook for latest updates!

We are anxiously awaiting our Quaterback foal from our premium Contucci mare. Our mare is quite lovely if I say so myself because she is my favorite mare, but she has great movement, is 16-3, great conformation and a pretty head and super nice neck. One thing we know for sure the foal will be chestnut. The mare has Dutch Olympic Ahorn, Ladykiller and Nimmerdor in her pedigree and is one quarter TB closely related to the British racing Hyperion so there is a good collection of blood to produce hybrid vigor in my estimation.
    http://www.talloaksfarm.net ---"Success is not final, failure is not fatal; it is the courage to continue that counts." --- Winston Churchill

I board my filly at Judy Yancey's and had the pleasure of meeting the Quaterback fillies in the Youtube video Fairview mentioned. They are FANCY, precocious, and extremely well proportioned for yearlings. Right now they looks like small adult horses they are so well put together. In-your-pocket personalities; I was trying to groom my filly with a curry and the Quaterback fillies made it well known that they expected attention too. Judy also has her own Quaterback colt, there is a pic on her website (Qredit). Another chestnut!

I bought semen from him for my Longchamp mare on Judy's advice. I hope to use that this spring. She is very similiar in body type to him but she could use longer legs and he really seems to be throwing this. I am already planning on keeping the resulting foal..hope she catches!

That little Pajala looks just like a mini Quaterback as soon as she/he trots! Look at that!

I also saw this foal from a Conteur mare I believe on youtube..nice trot too! Seems to be an improvement over moms trot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CU4FwdLK-ZI&NR=1
    www.svhanoverians.com

"Simple: Breeding,Training, Riding". Wolfram Wittig.

Judy's fillies....The Quaterback x Sandro Hit filly sure is a looker. Lots of eye appeal there. In the utube the fillies look similar. In person less, but to be expected for the age.
    Last edited by Hocus Focus; Mar. 23, 2008 at 04:54 PM.

I am awaiting a Quaterback foal out of my Baryshnikov/Raphael Hanoverian mare. She is due early May and is HUGE. She could use the length of leg so I am glad to see he is throwing it! I am guessing chestnut colt?! It will be really exciting to see what he is producing out of these very different mares!

Quote Originally Posted by scottishgirl View Post
    Ohhhhh I would sooooo take that one home with me
    *^*^*^
    Himmlische Traumpferde
    "Wenn Du denkst es geht nicht mehr, kommt von irgendwo ein kleines Licht daher"