The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Difficult Run Horse Trial

Opens tomorrow! yay!!

Who's going??
    Amwrider: May the fleas of a thousand camels infest their genitalia and may their arms be too short to scratch.

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

Quote Originally Posted by Invested1 View Post
    Opens tomorrow! yay!!

Who's going??
    From your enthusiasm, I'd have to say you're definitely going. I might be a spectator depending on what I have planned for that weekend down the line and how the weather is going to be.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have, at this moment, been thrown up from below!

ME ME!! Going OT--I was thinking of bumping up to P, but it's a little early in the year, considering I only have Morven before it (if I even get to run X-country there thanks Mother Nature), but I definitely plan to do P there in August

And I have a student who will be doing her first ever recognized (Her first *ever* HT will be Foxcroft next month ); one who is bumping up to Novice; and one who is doing Training...
    "Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies."

"It's supposed to be hard...the hard is what makes it great!" (Jimmy Dugan, "A League of Their Own")

We'll have a few going. Hopefully it will be my last Prelim with my horse, then a FANCY 4 year old making her eventing debut, maybe another baby, and my youngster at Novice. That's about all I can deal with, and I think it's time to get a bigger trailer!
    WestWind Farms
    Love means attention, which means looking after the things we love. We call this stable management.
    - George H. Morris

I think I'll at least be there, but I don't know if I'll actually be riding there. I'm still on a holding pattern with little mare's family on whether I should be entering events (she'll be at Foxcroft, but they are hesitant to enter rec. stuff right now....economy ), and Paco isn't being entered anywhere until I am 100% sure he is ready. But at least I'll be there, I think....

In my car, between work, home, and the barn!

Talking

Me, probably, with several students in tow! I won't be riding, though... takin' it easy while my "foal" is cooking.

I think I might be there going prelim. I'm planning on it as of now.

Default Me!!

I'll be going BN with the new guy!!!
    Katie

"I'm not afraid to fall, to fall is not to fail, you fail when you don't try"

Yikes, it opens today?!?!? I want to go but I am not sure if I am going BN or Novice, seeing as how I have never even done a XC school on my beastie. Can I just enter BN and then change to Novice later if I feel we are ready?

Quote Originally Posted by Catalina View Post
    Yikes, it opens today?!?!? I want to go but I am not sure if I am going BN or Novice, seeing as how I have never even done a XC school on my beastie. Can I just enter BN and then change to Novice later if I feel we are ready?
    Yes, as long as it's before the closing date (after the closing date, there's a fee for changes...) You may want to give Steve S a heads-up via e-mail, though )

"It's supposed to be hard...the hard is what makes it great!" (Jimmy Dugan, "A League of Their Own")

Quote Originally Posted by LexInVA View Post
    From your enthusiasm, I'd have to say you're definitely going.
    heh, yes. Walking to the post office in a few minutes to mail my entry. TR, here we come!!
    Amwrider: May the fleas of a thousand camels infest their genitalia and may their arms be too short to scratch.

CRAP! I forgot. Need to dash off an entry tomorrow. Big ol BN for the mare and me. With a possible shift over to Novice, if Foxcroft goes well...

Default Me!!!

I'll be there, making the move up to Novice, just sent my entry in today!

Default I just got a schooling in over there today!

Argh, the Princess was *a bit of a naughty girl* (spooky, "gratuitously innattentive", and attempting to ignore me--she wasn't "scarily horrible", just not as rideable as she usually is X-country. I had wanted to do more; as it was, we did a good bit of T and some P stuff in the main field and woods, but didn't venture beyond that. I had to start out over BN and N stuff--just trotting back and forth over it to *get her attention on me* until she chilled her jets a bit...)

I think it's just been WAY TOO long since our last X-country "outing" (Rubicon last November ), and she is the kind of horse who *needs* more regular schoolings. (It's been a LOONG winter!) I plan to go out there again on Sunday and try to do a little more (providing we don't get too much rain between now and then--the footing was actually pretty good today, all things considered! There were very few spots where the ground was muddy and slick--it was mostly just *soft*...I know Sunday is Easter, but as the DH says about me, "What do you care? You're a god***m Heathen!" I'm hoping that there are a goodly number of "non Heathens" in the immediate vicinity--maybe it will "thin out the crowds" over there )

It looks like maybe Saturday we will get some rain?? I hope not, both for the sakes of those who are schooling at FP, and for the sake of the ground (which will have to absorb more tomorrow ) I have a schooling set up for a couple students at Foxcroft on Sat., but at least that's at the top of a hill!

Artienallie, that's great that you entered (and may bump up to Novice--like Catalina! )

I'm thinking that we should try to do another cookout thing on Friday night (after the course walk) for anyone who's interested...the hubby grills yummy burgers, and there's always plenty of beer--and good company (and of course "loud cackling" if I'm around )

I never seem to be able to officially meet many COTHers during the HT competition itself; I think people are just too busy and distracted!

If we can get something organized closer to the date of the HT, who would be interested??
    (Invested, you simply *must* participate in this--we keep missing you! )

Smile

We may try and get a schooling in on Sunday as well with the two my daughter will take BN. We decided to do a BN with Cam and then move up to Novice at Rubicon. It will be the first time Sky competes two on the same day so I'm hoping we have at least some time between them.

Sky had some medical issues over the winter (protruded disk in her lower back and what turned out to be BAD reflux) so Cam had a nice long break and is raring to go!

Quote Originally Posted by CamsMom View Post
    We may try and get a schooling in on Sunday as well with the two my daughter will take BN. We decided to do a BN with Cam and then move up to Novice at Rubicon. It will be the first time Sky competes two on the same day so I'm hoping we have at least some time between them.

Sky had some medical issues over the winter (protruded disk in her lower back and what turned out to be BAD reflux) so Cam had a nice long break and is raring to go!
    It sounds like you will have a busy day! Luckily Steve S is *very* accomodating, bless the man!

As for her medical problems, ouch! Now that she's healthy, I'm sure she is *more* than ready to get back out there!

Bonheur Guest

Default yes i am going :)

I am going to the Difficult Run Horse Trials. Hopefully the footing gets better. Because i was at FPP today also and it is a mud pit in spots. but it has been quite a long winter. so maybe we will get some dry weather so that all of this mud can go away

From
    Mikayla

Welcome, Bonheur (AKA Mikayla )

I hope to see you at the barn this week, and glad to hear that the clinic went well

I will most likely be around to spectate and lend a hand where ever needed. Zeus will hopefully be up and running late May or June. My vet friend has me on quite the fitness schedule and come hell or high water we should be going Prelim in the fall.
    Common sense is the least common thing in the world.

Pictures: http://community.webshots.com/album/62832282gErEqu

Hey, S4Zeus!!

Good to hear from you! (I was just thinking about you when posting on this thread...)

So how *is* the big guy?? Obviously recovering, from what you say (thank goodness! ) Updates??