The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Dutch M. "Devon" + colt reg. name "Armani"-Va/Maryland area

Still looking on info (sire/dam) on my Hann. colt I got on a fluke in June 2007. Got fr. dealer in Palmer, Mass.(Spud),supposedly lady bought him in Va. Horse Center/Maryland), can't get info fr. dealers! Lady that bought him was getting a divorse + was devistated over the idea that she had to lose this horse. His reg. name is "Armani". He's out of a German Han.(Imported semen) Va/Maryland area, dam is a big Reg. Dutch m. 17.3H named "Devon". This horse is seal brown, one white behind, long legged, quiet, born 2007/ He's 16-18 months now. Any info on pedigree greatly appreciated.Thanks

How do you know he is a Hanoverian? Is he branded? If so, there are registration papers floating around somewhere. And why won't the dealer release more info? Did they sell him "as is" - i.e., without papers?

Default Colt

Dealer never got the papers fr. the agent who was selling the horse for owner. Tried contacting him, but still never got them. Do you know if reg. Han. babies are named w/ a letter fr. sire or dam reg. name? The info I got so far is correct. He's not branded, I bought him in July 07 + he was only 15 mo. old. J

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I would have thought that a 15mo Hanoverian would have been branded if the breeder/owner had intended to or been able to make it happen, since inspections are done as foals? -- ETA: If he passed. Sorry.
    I'd be wary -- a nice horse is a nice horse, regardless of papers, but oftentimes, around here anyways, if it doesn't come with papers, it doesn't have them and the dealer found a little bit of extra information to throw at you, and likely not true information. Hopefully the one you are dealing with is a bit more honest!
    Last time I went to one near here the guy tried to show me Jockey Club pictures on a horse that was doing what appeared to be a running walk (and the horse certainly had the conformation to be a TWH). He also tried to tell us this set of papers (from a filing cabinet) belonged to a mare that had one more sock than the papers indicated. Woops!

Hanoverian foals do not have to be inspected. If the mare and stallion are both already approved into the studbooks, the foal can be registered by mail. If you know for sure that his registered name is Armani, then you might want to contact the AHS office and see if they can find some info for you. And yes, Hanoverians follow the sire line for naming purposes, so if he was registered with AHS as "Armani", then it's a sure bet that his sire had an "A" name also.

Default Need Info/Contact for Bill Robinson in Maryland/Event M. "Devon"

Need contact info for Bill Robinson in Maryland. Need info on his event m. named "Devon" that he bred 2 yrs. ago to a stallion who stands in Germany. I have that colt (now gelded), never got the papers but that's ok, just interested in the sire/dam history. Thanks

Default Horse in Long Island-Hard to deal w/ Diva in L. Island-Need Info

This is a long shot. Here's the story. 2 yrs ago. a trailer was stopped on the Long Island Expressway at night for a flat tire. Cops arrived + saw that a female owner of a 15 mo. old Reg. Selle Francais G. was enroute to Ct. to put the horse at a consignment barn to be sold. Boyfriend was driving + had no license, registeration. Cops said they cold not go on. My shipper was enroute to Mass. + offered to transport the horse to his place in Mass. for her, which he did. The horse is a dark brown g. w/ a white star + did have reg. papers but the owner got in a fight w/ her boyfriend + threw the papers in the fireplace. My shippers name is Spud--Days Gone by Farm in Mass. He said the owner was real hard to eal w/, rude, etc. Owner had friends in Mass or Ct. Spud tried to get the info on the breeding but the owner was so uncoperative + hard to deal w/ that he couldn't. Anybody have any info?? All info will be kept strictly confidential. You can email me privately at silver__lamae@webtv.net.
    I'm looking for the sire/dam of this horse. Thanks, Judy A

Spud Noone? Oy...I wouldnt touch this situation with someone else's 10 foot pole

I dont understand your post, what you are looking for or why. Regardless, I wouldn't be involved with anything even remotely related to any of the characters in this story. I have not found anything even remotely professional about anyone in that family.
    Save a life...be an organ donor! Visit www.Transplantbuddies.org

Hasn't this story been on this bulletin board at least twice before? Each time written in that same abbreviated, almost illiterate style which makes it impossible to understand?

Your first step in getting information would be to write it out in your nicest, most detailed, most easily understood, most literate style. Then hope that you will get some information, although if this is the same story (which I think it is) you have not gotten information here previously.

I am also not sure why you post on the Hunter/Jumper forum (maybe once on Dressage, also?)? This would really seem to be something to take up on sport horse breeding since the horse was a long yearling when this happened.

There are lots of avenues open, such as contacting the Selle Francaise registry ... studying importation records since I think it has been a while since Selle Francaise closed down registrations in the U.S. ... and perhaps other stuff as well.

We merged two existing threads re: this query into one in SHB.

Good luck finding info your horse's background.
    Mod 1

okay, i'm confused, I thought it was a hanoverian???

Quote Originally Posted by Judi A View Post
    This is a long shot. Here's the story. 2 yrs ago. a trailer was stopped on the Long Island Expressway at night for a flat tire. Cops arrived + saw that a female owner of a 15 mo. old Reg. Selle Francais G. was enroute to Ct. to put the horse at a consignment barn to be sold. Boyfriend was driving + had no license, registeration. Cops said they cold not go on. My shipper was enroute to Mass. + offered to transport the horse to his place in Mass. for her, which he did. The horse is a dark brown g. w/ a white star + did have reg. papers but the owner got in a fight w/ her boyfriend + threw the papers in the fireplace. My shippers name is Spud--Days Gone by Farm in Mass. He said the owner was real hard to eal w/, rude, etc. Owner had friends in Mass or Ct. Spud tried to get the info on the breeding but the owner was so uncoperative + hard to deal w/ that he couldn't. Anybody have any info?? All info will be kept strictly confidential. You can email me privately at silver__lamae@webtv.net.
    I'm looking for the sire/dam of this horse. Thanks, Judy A
    I checked the French (Selle Francais) registry. There is not a Selle Francais horse named Armani of that age. Also, the French use the alphabet naming process and the letter "A" does not match a horse of that age to be registered as Selle Francais.

This is a long shot. Here's the story. 2 yrs ago. a trailer was stopped on the Long Island Expressway at night for a flat tire. Cops arrived + saw that a female owner of a 15 mo. old Reg. Selle Francais G. was enroute to Ct. to put the horse at a consignment barn to be sold. Boyfriend was driving + had no license, registeration. Cops said they cold not go on. My shipper was enroute to Mass. + offered to transport the horse to his place in Mass. for her, which he did. The horse is a dark brown g. w/ a white star + did have reg. papers but the owner got in a fight w/ her boyfriend + threw the papers in the fireplace. My shippers name is Spud--Days Gone by Farm in Mass. He said the owner was real hard to eal w/, rude, etc. Owner had friends in Mass or Ct. Spud tried to get the info on the breeding but the owner was so uncoperative + hard to deal w/ that he couldn't.
    To the OP: Have you considered the possibility that the story you were told about the highway breakdown, the fireplace papers,etc , etc. could be complete bullpucky fabricated to ramp up the value of this horse? In other words, instead of getting an amazing bargain, maybe someone got taken (as in paid too much) ?

Default Hey Silk and Egontoast

We gotta chat about Spud and the ring dealers of circus town.
    please contact me privately at stophorseslaughter2010@yahoo.com
    Thanks

OPEN LETTER to JUDI A FROM GINALOVE
    Hi Judi, I see you have experience with Spud Noone.
    http://chronofhorse.com/forum/showthread.php?t=137115
    I saw he told you a cock & bull story about the papers being thrown in the fireplace. Seems to me he lies and lies in order to get his cash. He has no morals. Zero. Do you think he BURNT down his own farm Days Gone By for insurance money years ago?...I do. He agreed to take my horse to a good home, agreed that we could finish the paperwork with the new owners, and agreed that I would hire him to bring my horse home if they decided it wasn't going to work out. Then Spud took a wrong turn and sold my horse for meat at the New Holland PA slaughter auction. Since then I have leared ALOT about Spud. Spud is an excellent liar. Sounds like he fooled you with the papers in the fireplace story. That is a classic compulsive liar story. Don't worry he fooled me too and then I got framed by a seriously pathetic crowd of racehorse freaks as being the worst person ever and killing Munition (by being "stupid" enough to trust SPUD NOONE who SELLS to KILLBUYERS). I never even heard of horse slaughter...although I am not really much of a horse person...still...how can this be? What planet am I living on? Is the sky blue or what? All the horses are drugged up and sold for people to eat...international poisoning and Spud's name is at the top of the list for consigning my horse at New Holland and saying the horse was drug free. Well that is another story...or should I say a new aspect of my life...to bring this to the attention of the international people who actually trust the US and think the USDA is a real thing. Instead of a JOKE. Along with several other JOKE governmental agencies. BAN NORTH AMERICAN HORSE MEAT.
    Anyway, as I quote one of the few intelligent policemen I conversed with about Munition...he said, with a bit of a Southern accent "Then along comes Spud Noone..." Right out of the Western Days...although his real name is Joseph Francis. What I found is that Spud gets the horses with all the stories. He pieces together parts of reality to fabricate a BS story...I am sure that he, in fact, at some point in his life was involved in some type of fight where some angry woman threw some type of papers in the fire. It is true in his mind. Maybe he has unresolved issues about the experience. Who cares. He uses girls that need a "Dad" ...first it was S Meaney and now it is C Cavanaugh. "My Daddy wouldn't put a horse in the Killpen". Hey Christa where did you learn that word Killpen? Why do you work for Spud the horse killer? She is an admitted "Avid Horse Thief" and her friend added she is a "Murderer" and Christa did not argue. So Spud gets the horses anyway he can, especially with his little clan of pubescent proslaughter chicks in tank tops that want meat money for tanning and facials. Pleeeeeeese. Spud's deal is round em up to their "good homes", make a lot of stories, SELL SELL SELL, all the way to New Holland. Then once he gets there he sells all the duds for meat. Nice life. Mind if I gaze off at the sunset for a minute. THEN EMPTY TRAILER and SPUD is associated with C SHEIDY. Or should I say Christy SHADY of AC4H or more like AC$H. Christy and Rickie are good buddies with Amber and Dr. Holt (VET?) and Christy is BFF with D JONES (FAKE) and BFF with A Brown (FAKE). Alex runs ABR "rescue web page" or more like FAKE FAKE FAKE as in ABR...Another BS Rescue and it is crowded with freaks. He lets the fake rescue horsekillers advertise so innocent fools think they are “saving” and the cash goes to KILLERS. Greatness and Goodness...More like Sickness and Sadness. Barbaro cult freaks with computers and serious bullying issues. Welcome to the world of posts. Hey MISS SHADY of BS AC$H “RESCUE” I JUST CANT KEEP YOUR EMAILS STRAIGHT….so my horse went to “ROTZ” or “MOORE” but “EITHER WAY HE IS DEAD” on a day that does NOT even coincide with your shipping date? Pleeease. And Moore sells to Rotz and guess what now Target sells to Walmart. Hey But MISS SHADY are there THREE TB at Phil Shirk Barn or was it TWO or WAS IT THREE? So MANY contradictory emails. And you NEVER explained WHY you had to hide a horse and WHY you could not say WHO WAS THE “RIGHTFUL OWNER”??? WHY WHY WHY???
    SO Judi, what I need from you is any type of connections to anyone who deals with Spud in any way. Do you know John McCarthy? Do you know about the 10 horses that were swindled away from an older woman? Anything about Spud is useful. He blew off court first because he was "out of state" killing horses I would assume and then he magically doesn't live at the SAME address of Kerri-On Farm. Pleeease. If that is not his address then how could he have known to be "out of state". Basically the US is a JOKE. Hello drugged horses are swindled by the lowest and sold for meat. Hello USDA are you kidding? B Moore...C SHADY'S Boss SHOOTS horses and dumps in the manure pile...HELLO did they shoot MUNITION??? DESTRUCTION OF PRIVATE PROPERTY? Hello will I ever pay taxes again? Would love any input!! THANKS!!!!

Mara Feld, PhD
    stophorseslaughter2010@yahoo.com

Ok Mara, your last sentence said you wanted advice. So here goes: for starters, stop bumping up three year old threads. Also stop throwing around names in all caps. It took me a while to wade through all your hysterics to realize you and I are actually on the same side of the issue of horse slaughter. You come across as a lunatic. Start your own thread and discuss whatever FACTS you have without name calling and editorializing if you like. Or let it go, slaughter threads really don't accomplish anything in my experience.

Smile Racing Chicks

Hey Laurie, I mean Racing Laurie, one thing I have noticed is racing chicks side with D Jones blindly failing to see that she IN FACT profits from her horse dealings. She uses force, intimidation, bullying to create stories of her own delusion. I solved the Munition case...with FACTS and I got the evidence and so does the court. Munition is alive. Not only Spud but all the players in the conspiracy face criminal charges up to 5 years State Prison in MA. They are all thieves. The trial for Spud has not yet started. Now Laurie If I was asking for advice...I don't think I was after just more racing-chick-haphazard-BS-criticisms just fueled by high-school-hate-and-lacking-any-kind-of-reasonable-thought. I have seriously had enough for one lifetime. Welcome to the world of racing horse chicks. If you come up with any useful advice please respond at stophorseslaughter2010@yahoo.com. Happy Holidays Munition!! Lunatic. LUNATIC. HA HA HA

Could you translate that into English please? I have no idea what point you are attempting to get across or who you are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurierace View Post
    Could you translate that into English please? I have no idea what point you are attempting to get across or who you are talking about.
    Same here.

I have experience with travel on the Long Island Expressway and do admit to sadly having some experience interacting with the officers who patrol the LIE.
    I doubt they would have simply said the driver or rig could not go on. I mean they issue tickets to unlicensed drivers and wish them a nice day as the unlicensed, uninsured whatever gets back in the traffic pattern.

More likely they would have called a local shipper to see if transport could be arranged and probably only if the truck was broken down.
    I am curious about where the horse was going. The story is so confusing but if the horse was purchased in VA the only reason it would be on the LIE if the end destination was on Long Island. So I'd like to know which farm it was being delivered to?
    But because we don't have agreement if this was a SF or a Hano I doubt a straight story will be forthcoming. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Judi A View Post
    Need contact info for Bill Robinson in Maryland. Need info on his event m. named "Devon" that he bred 2 yrs. ago to a stallion who stands in Germany. I have that colt (now gelded), never got the papers but that's ok, just interested in the sire/dam history. Thanks
    Try Barry Robinson, mare was by Duelglanz, evented reguraly in Md., at Waredaca and Seneca Valley.