The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default For adoption, teeny, tiny, wild child.

Well, I had thought we would just keep the little guy here forever but ya know what, he really really deserves someone who is up for the challenge.

Now dont kid yourselves here. We have a teeny tiny 11 hh, little gelding here. While he is halter broke and we can trim him safely, he is wild as they come. Oh and equally as funny. He is a riot, a great companion pony, cheap cheap cheap to keep. he moves like a dream, he is robust and did I mention hilarious.

he is up to date on coggins and shots. he is healthy as they come. Quick as lightning hehehehee. NOt mean, just not used to people. I think he was simply on a pasture or maybe used for breeding but no, he is not studdy. He is a fantastic babysitter, very protective of his pals. Please dont tell him he is short, he wont hear you.

This guy is really really cute. Too cute for words and he could hang here forever he takes so little, but.............someone might truly enjoy taming and using this little guy. I could see him in a cart.

He has been here for a month now and really, he has come to like and trust us. Likes to be fed treats, is curious and silly. Shows off all the time.

If you have the ability to do some training, have the time and want to take a chance on Chance, he is available for a donation to Sunkissed Acres. Truly, they dont come cuter than this little guy. He is a little chestnut with teeny tiny socks. Oh and did i mention hilarious.
    Our horses are not seen as the old and disabled they may have become, but rather as the mighty steeds they once believed themselves to be.

Sunkissed Acres Rescue and Retirement

bumping for Chance...
    he sounds like a little 1/2 Shetland I bought for 90$ off a horse dealer one time...he was so wild we had to rope him in the stall to catch him and get him loaded!
    In about 6 months he was a wonderful little driving pony.
    Someone adopt Chance!
    Save lives! Adopt a pet from your local shelter.

Vanheimrhorses, I sent you a pm in response to yours but your message box is full. Please read posting once more. He is a gelding, he loads, he trims, he leads. Would make a wonderful driving pony, cute as a button, the cheapest to feed, but yes, he is wild or was totally. You can catch him in a stall which he loves to go into.

someone with time is going to have a marvelous little guy. He is between 8-10 "we think" could be younger.

Oh and did I mention hilarious. He can stand straight up and down for forever to look over the walls. Never rears at people, just being nosy and he is so balanced LOL.

Someone is missing the greatest laugh and enjoyment in this little fart.
    Our horses are not seen as the old and disabled they may have become, but rather as the mighty steeds they once believed themselves to be.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...A/chance_1.jpg

Here's a pic of the li'l guy. Isn't he cute?

(Thanks to volunteer Becky for the pic!)
    "The standard you walk by is the standard you accept."--Lt. Gen. David Morrison, Austalian Army Chief

OMG!!! He is so cute!!! Just a bump for cuteness!!

okay major cuteness factor on Chance. He is smaller than my babies when they are born! I hope someone snatches him up.

FYI for the driving peeps - this COULD very well be a nice, viable combined driving pony IF you are willing and able to put in the time and miles. He has good motion and a VERY go-forward attitude. Is very sound and in good shape. I just don't have the time/money/vehicle at the moment, plus I prefer the pleasure show ring to the cross-country stuff. But if I had to pick a job I thought this pony would like, CDE's would probably be it!!
    "The standard you walk by is the standard you accept."--Lt. Gen. David Morrison, Austalian Army Chief

He should be a poster child for cuteness! And he looks like mischief waiting to happen.
    Can just see him being boss of a whole field of OTTB's or other big types!
    Julie
    www.centaurfencing.com
    Safer, Stronger, Lasts Longer!
    Godspeed BARBARO--Run fast and free!

Definitely "ponytude" to spare!
    Y'all ain't right!

C'mon, everybody needs at least one small pony!

(I just got an 11.1H Welsh mare on Saturday and she's so freakin' cute, I am absolutely in love with her already.)

Anyhoo, bumping for pony cuteness!

Holy cow! What a cutie!!

He is seriously adorable. I wish he were closer...he could be a good companion pony, with the bonus of being really cute in harness!

ok he is cuteness magnified but he needs a person LOL. Yes he is a wonderful companion, he is the eyes for one of the blind kids and does a fantastic job but what a shame for such a youngster. Someone wants adorable for sure.

YOU ARE EVIL! oh the cuteness! I do not need a little grass magnet, i do not need a little grass magnet, i do not need a little grass magnet..
    you make that mantra really hard to articulate, ya know?!
    www.destinationconsensusequus.com
    chaque pas est fait ensemble

If I had the money, my gelding would be head over heels for this guy.
    Suerte Hostage Crisis Survivor!

Does he have a name? How about Big Red? He's got the look of eagles about him,
    little eagles maybe, but still eagles. Kinda looks like a TB in a pony suit
    Julie
    www.centaurfencing.com
    Safer, Stronger, Lasts Longer!
    Godspeed BARBARO--Run fast and free!

Oh yes, did I forget to mention, he is a TB in a pony suit LOL.

Someone wants this little guy dont they. He is cuter in person than he is in a pic. He will have you in stitches.

Keep this bumped up because someone wants a companion that is as cheap to keep as this little guy.

bump for chance
    The only difference between a runaway and a fast gallop is nothing but a SMILE
    Most horses cross the Rainbow Bridge, but TEDDY JUMPED IT!!!
    Member of the COTH Enabler Clique

Talking Bumping

What absolute cuteness!!! Hope he finds a great home!
    Crayola posse~ orange yellow, official pilot
    Proud owner of "High Flight" & "Shorty"

All right - everyone step aside - Chance is coming home to entertain all of us here at The Homestedt !

Am working on finding the time to go to Summerville to pick him up -

Feel free to check up on him in the future on our website www.thehomestedt.com

Elly
    Perfection is not attainable, but when we chase perfection, we can catch excellence - Vince Lombardi

www.thehomestedt.com