The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Video of Horse Freakout, Anky riding?

I tried looking on YouTube and couldn't find it. I'm looking for a video showing Anky's horse bolting during an awards ceremony. She couldn't stop him, he nearly ran through the band, and a police horse intervened to get them under control. Does anyone remember what show this was at and if there's a video out there?

I am not trying to start an Anky bashing thread at all. A friend of mine was trying to tell me that this happened and I don't know if I believe her or not... I've only read one blog post about it (on a very negative site), but there was no links to news stories or videos.

Thanks in advanced.
    Last edited by luvs2ride79; Feb. 26, 2008 at 12:35 AM.

I don't have a link to the video but it did happen.
    Did any of you happen to watch her clinic during the Dutch stallion show this year? I am curious as to how a Dutch speaking person would have interpreted her comments. I don't speak Dutch but a friend of mine thought she told the audience she has lost some confidence recently and was having a hard time continuing with the clinic.
    If it is true I found that to be very sad - I hope she can find it again.

I saw a video of Anky being dumped by a horse who was freaking out a little. Ordinarily I don't take pleasure in another's misfortune and try to steer clear of schadenfreude, but it's nice to know that I'm not the only one who occasionally has a horse get a bad case of the ya-yas.

Here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEsjP....blogspot.com/

Looks like more than a spook - the horse continued to buck after removing Anky.
    Don't wrassle with a hog. You just get dirty, and the hog likes it.

Collecting Thoroughbreds - tales of a re-rider and some TBs

The incident the OP is talking about was at the World Equestrian Games, and definitely did happen - it was covered in several magazines, and I had friends who were there.

Don't know if there is any video of it, however.

I think in a couple of months, the accounts of these incidents will be so embroidered, and painted as so unique and rare (as if other horses don't do this constantly), that the horses of Anky's will have spontaneously exploded in a ball of flames after crashing into the police horses a la Independence Day movie, and disappeared from the face of the earth, shortly followed by the battered police horses, who will ALSO have exploded in a ball of flames, then a lady with a baby in her arms will have exploded into flames too. Let's see.

1 members found this post helpful.

Good for her for staying on as long as she did.. If she ever decides to retire from dressage she could have a career with the PBR..
    Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them, humanity cannot survive. Dalai Lama

When I first saw this vid, I thought it was due to her training methods. But after reading Gunther Seidel's article talking about Aragon, it seems more of a common occurence with top level mounts.

I do wonder if Anky will retire from showing and just teach or if she'll consider less volatile mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegante E View Post
    When I first saw this vid, I thought it was due to her training methods. But after reading Gunther Seidel's article talking about Aragon, it seems more of a common occurence with top level mounts.

I do wonder if Anky will retire from showing and just teach or if she'll consider less volatile mounts.
    What any horse could do that it's not that big of a deal..She's young why would she retire??
    Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them, humanity cannot survive. Dalai Lama

What amazes me is that someone could be lucky enough to be present at an Anky demo...

Yet instead of totally focusing on the ride and sucking in every piece of information they possibly can from this world champion, choose instead to waste their time waving a crappy cellphone camera around making a barely visible/audible video, probably totally annoying the people behind them, who got to watch their phone/arm instead of Anky.

Default Anky video

I don't think this video is the one of the bolting at the awards ceremony. I think this is the one that happened on a young horse many months later. The bolting was on Salinero and she left the arena and the horse and she were stopped by the mounted police. She didn't fall off in that incident.

OMG! I almost starting crying, I laughed SO hard!!

You are so right about that!

Quote Originally Posted by slc2 View Post
    I think in a couple of months, the accounts of these incidents will be so embroidered, and painted as so unique and rare (as if other horses don't do this constantly), that the horses of Anky's will have spontaneously exploded in a ball of flames after crashing into the police horses a la Independence Day movie, and disappeared from the face of the earth, shortly followed by the battered police horses, who will ALSO have exploded in a ball of flames, then a lady with a baby in her arms will have exploded into flames too. Let's see.

Poor Anky, OMG it's like the flash of the camera or something set the horse off. But it had to be more than just that I'm sure that horse has seen flash photographs many times before. Unless this was a green new comer does anyone know the name of the horse she was riding. Was it one of her old vertarins or a greenie.

Either way , how scary. I was worried she was going to land on one of the fence posts at the end of the arena or even in the laps of the crowd, at least that would have been a soft landing.

Barn Brats Horse Themed Glassware
    www.cmmbarnbrats.com

I think she did a pretty darn good job staying on for as long as she did. I would have been off the first hop!!

The horse went OVER BY the police horses - like ALL horses do. It did NOT 'crash' into the police horses, for God's sake. If you need that sort of stuff, the movie Independence Day IS ON ALL DAY, on MOST cable tv channels!!

But that's not at all uncommon, and any horse that spurts forward or takes off ALWAYS aims for the nearest group of horses, unless it's totally nuts or going straight home. The police horses are there and are trained to handle the situations.

At boarding barns I've been at whenever there was a 'moment', every time a flea far*** basically, and believe me, the boarding barns looked like that video EVERY DAY, SEVERAL TIMES, all winter, only there were - well - however many horses there were in the ring at the time involved instead of just ONE horse - because people didn't come and ride their horses whenever it was cold - the horse ALWAYS wound up in the center of the ring, hanging out with eachother, in the 'Coffee Clatch Configuration', all head to head, squealing or just arching their necks and acting like twits til someone caught them...meanwhile, riders scattered like tiddly winks all over, draped over the kickboards, sobbing....I think Anky handled it a little better, ROFLMAO!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysauntie View Post
    Here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEsjP....blogspot.com/

Looks like more than a spook - the horse continued to buck after removing Anky.
    Yeah, I found that one. Looks like it was at a clinic. That isn't what my riding buddy was talking about. She was refering to an awards ceremony. Someone PM-ed me and said it was at Achen. Was it last year then? 2007?
    "To be an equestrian in the classical sense is not just to be a rider.
    It is a position in life." --Charles de Kunffy

A DETAILED AND TOTALLY FACTUAL ACCOUNT OF BOTH INCIDENTS.....

gahhh! the warmblood nelson OR salinero is...oh my god....he is....exploding! boom! (flames).....OH MY GOD!!! OH THE HUMANITY! Someone help all those people with their mouths hanging open, they're going to have - gingivitis!!! Oh my god, one of the Police horses is trying to talk Salinero down and get that gun away from him, no...OH MY GOD! Salinero is SHOOTING the police horse! He's claiming he has to have a jet and a personal tutor and clear airspace to fly to Tahiti! OH NO! The police horse is exploding...OH MY GOD!

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by luvs2ride79 View Post
    Yeah, I found that one. Looks like it was at a clinic. That isn't what my riding buddy was talking about. She was refering to an awards ceremony. Someone PM-ed me and said it was at Achen. Was it last year then? 2007?
    Like I said earlier, the episode where Salinero bolted during the awards ceremony and was stopped by the mounted police was at the World Equestrian Games in Aachen in 2006.

Go here, to the very bottom of the page, and see a report and a picture of the bolting incident.

http://www.eurodressage.com/reports/...ix2-photo.html

slc, what preciscly do you gain by mocking folks???? If we choose to discuss something that we have an opinion on why should you feel so inclined to freak out? We can beat a dead horse if we choose, if you don't like it don't read it . . .don't comment on it, and certainly don't mock. It is simply not polite.

You don't seem to read what other folks even post, you assume that everyone is flaming Anky. I haven't seen any of that at all. Yet you feel it is your responsibilitly or freakin mission in life to correct us at all times.

You know what slc, I stopped posting regularly a long time ago due to your vicious crap. I hope I get banned from this board just so I no longer am drawn to the trainwreck of you and your garbage. Give it a freakin rest will ya. No one gives a furry little rats behind what you think, got it????? GOOD!
    Lions and Tigers and Bears, oh my!!

She got a laugh from a newbie so she's going for more.

I don't see anyone crapping on Anky but some people hallucinate these things just so they can scream at people.