The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Sporthorsegirl Guest

Default Jumper Stallions to breed to a swedish warmblood/thoroughbred mare.

I am looking for a Jumper stallion to breed to my 16.1 swedish warmblood/thoroughbred mare. I am wanting to add bone, height, a calmer nature, and scope. The mare is a classic hunter type and I am looking to produce something more for the Jumper ring. Mare has a wonderful nature but is a little hot under saddle.

What are the mares bloodlines? Any shortcomings in conformation you're hoping to improve on? Any budget limitations?

pics would help :-)

Did you check out Cielo B? He is owned by our very own Risingstarfarm ( www.risingstarfarm.net) . He is a very talented boy that will be finishing his performance requirements at the age of six! I am putting my Riverman to him this year- She needs a little more size, substance, and scope... I think Cielo is the man to get the job done.
    I have also worked with Ronda and she is wonderful to deal with- very professional and helpful

Do you have any pics of your mare?
    Last edited by Dressage-ryder; Feb. 16, 2008 at 07:00 PM. Reason: duh moment

Re: Cielo -
    Last night he did a superb Level 5 round to the point people were asking if he was for sale when his trainer left the ring with him. Cielo is a superstar!!
    I have a coming 2 yr old by him out of a TB mare that is super too. He is big... will be over 17h at mature height. He has a puppy dog attitude and is so easy to work with. I plan to start him next spring under saddle.

There are many jumper stallions on the BWP website. Between BWP website and they are about to run a 2nd auction.
    www.spindletopfarm.net
    Home of Puerto D'Azur - 1998 NA 100 Day Test Champion
    "Charcter is much easier kept than recovered"

STF also has a wonderful jumper stallion, Puerto d' Azur, who was champion of his 100 day stallion testing and is approved by lots of registries, including Swedish. I've seen him several times and can tell you his conformation is WONDERFUL and he can jump the moon!
    Visit Sonesta Farms website at www.sonestafarms.com or our FaceBook page at www.facebook.com/sonestafarms. Also showing & breeding Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.

Ceilo B. Also, Rhonda is owner is wonderful. Landkonig that Edgar stands, again fabulous to work with.
    www.grayfoxfarms.com Home of Redwine, Aloha, Federalist, Romantic Star and Rated R.

Quote Originally Posted by Sporthorsegirl View Post
    I am looking for a Jumper stallion to breed to my 16.1 swedish warmblood/thoroughbred mare. I am wanting to add bone, height, a calmer nature, and scope. The mare is a classic hunter type and I am looking to produce something more for the Jumper ring. Mare has a wonderful nature but is a little hot under saddle.
    What are the mares bloodlines, who is she registered with, and what registry do you want the foal to be registered with?

Ditto what someone already said, where does she need improvement?
    Chris Misita
    www.hiddenvalleyfarms.net Home of Bravo and Warrick!
    To dare; progress comes at this price. All sublime conquests are, more or less, the rewards of daring.
    Victor Hugo

Landfriese II is also a good mix for attitude www.landfriese.com

Red face

Ahhh, thanks Sonesta! I love my boy! I have tons (AND TONS) of pics and videos of him on my website and videos there and on Youtube too.

As for Cielo B, I just a little sales clip for his foal if the OP wants to see -
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmdJ5...r/Spindletop01

Ghiri was tied for first with a 74% at the Texas inspection and was 6th in the nation. Very correct colt (now gelding). His dam was nice and good comformation, but Cielo really did improve in a lot of way.

Ronda should have his new video that he did at Gulfport up soon. I love Cielo and even with my own stallion and a tank full of frozen from many stallions, I will continue to keep breeding to the Big Blingy Red Man too!
    I know he is a "jumper" but honestly, we feel Ghiri will be able to go dressage too. I plan to show him at the 2 yr old BWP futurity this year too (not under saddle, but in hand).

I attached a pic of my Ghiri
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ghiriinsp.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	10.0 KB 
ID:	20039   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GhiriJune06.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	49.0 KB 
ID:	20040  
    www.spindletopfarm.net
    Home of Puerto D'Azur - 1998 NA 100 Day Test Champion
    "Charcter is much easier kept than recovered"

Holsteiners, particularily the Capitol line have most, if not all of what you want but you need to sit and really critique your mare for her strengths and areas that you'd like to improve as many have said.
    "Sometimes you just have to shut up and color."

Ironman is very well known for his wonderful disposition and has proven over and over again that he passes it on. He throws size and bone along with athletic ability-

Nancy
    Home of Ironman: GOV, BWP, RPSI, CSHA, AWR, ISR Oldenburg, CWHBA, CSHA, CS, and PHR.
    www.ironmanonline.com

It's impossible for anyone to tell you what stallion to breed your mare to without more information on the mare. I see by your post you want a lot from a stallion. What will your mare be bringing to the package? Without a pedigree and at least a photo, any suggestion would not be of any value to you. The stallions mentioned here are all nice stallions, but may be totally wrong for your mare. Breeding sporthorses is not a crapshoot.
    http://ShowjumpersUSA.com
    CAMPESINO (1990 - 2008)
    Capitol I - Sacramento Song xx
    http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/annalisasmith

Jaguar Mail jumps for Sweden and will probably be going to the Games for Sweden, he is also fully approved Swedish and very very popular in Sweden, here's his link:

http://www.frenchstallions.org/frenc...allion=2007009