The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Wow! The similarities are shocking...except Second WInd Adoption Program at Crossed Sabers only requires yearly update.

2300 horses? monthly updates? yikes! Yep, sounds like she goes to Sugarcreek, picks up $50 horses and 'adopts' them for $1000. Nice. But the lack of care and the obsessive control issues are wild!

I am assuming that at least this person isn't operating as an illegitimate 501(c)3??

Wonder how many of these people are out there?

Celita did open a school. Now we know what she teaches? I think an interstate problem should be of more interest to the IRS then 1 lone person?

Geez, one Celeita is bad enough! Hopefully word will continue to spread about the two of them and, eventually, maybe, hopefully their respective operations will come to a crashing end.
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may be given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Does [she] have a website?
    Last edited by Moderator 1; Aug. 18, 2008 at 09:40 AM.

\"Horses lend us the wings we lack\"

Question Any connection between the two?

No, Britney Sturtz or Brit Le' Brand Farm does not have a website--none that I could locate. Boy, after reading from Crossed Sabre's site--I'm wondering if there is a connection between the two? Britney often posts pretty elaborate claims in her ads. Things like: international experience or grand prix jumper?? Very similiar to the descriptions of some of the cross sabre horses...I wonder if mine came from there? Mine is a gray gelding Britney advertised under the name "Future" but told me his name was "Halo".

bullridr1 Guest

No website, never any pictures of her "champion" horses either. If they were that great I'd certainly put the picture out there for people to see. I can only hope that by word of mouth she won't be doing business much longer [edit].
    Last edited by Moderator 1; Aug. 18, 2008 at 09:42 AM.

Default Britney Sturtz and Brit LeBrand Farm

she doesn't have a website.............yet

hampshire Guest

UPDATE ON BRITNEY STURTZ ABOUT COURT: after Britney dismissed the lawsuit she filed against us, now she sent a certified letter of request for us to exhume the horse take him in for cremation and deliver vet certification of cremation and the remains to her at her farm for burial, of course she would like this at my cost. Her reason for the dismissal was to protect the confidentiallity of her clients, I subpenia her records, pertaining to the horse including previous adoption papers, this caused her to dismiss. I am probably going to file a libel suit against her for slander of our farm, it may be the only way to make her go away.....will keep you posted

Quote Originally Posted by hampshire View Post
    ... for us to exhume the horse take him in for cremation and deliver vet certification of cremation and the remains to her at her farm for burial, of course she would like this at my cost.
    Bwahahahahaha..... oh my. Um, hampshire dear, that would come under the OMDB Category (Over My Dead Body!)

[edit]
    Last edited by Moderator 1; Aug. 18, 2008 at 09:43 AM.
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may be given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

hampshire Guest

of course the certified request was two pages long (due to all the drama she wrote about leading up to the request)

hampshire Guest

Dogon, what is the name of that horse?

Quote Originally Posted by bullridr1 View Post
    I can't believe the ink hasn't even dried from her last lawsuit (that she lost by the way) and she's already at it again- what a shame. If you adopt a horse, are you agreeing to take on the responsibility of any and all problems the horse might have, like if you adopt a child? What I don't understand is (and it's probably spelled out in your paperwork) why does she still have so much control after the "adoption" has taken place? I mean, you can't return the horse, but if she thinks your "forever home" isn't good enough she can come and take it back? I don't understand either why you would want to take the horse back to her after you have invested all the time and money to rehab the horse, unless you plan on trying to get your money back. If that's the case, good luck...
    What last lawsuit? Can you elaborate?
    Airborne? Oh. Yes, he can take a joke. Once. After that, the joke's on you.

Quote Originally Posted by hampshire View Post
    UPDATE ON BRITNEY STURTZ ABOUT COURT: after Britney dismissed the lawsuit she filed against us, now she sent a certified letter of request for us to exhume the horse take him in for cremation and deliver vet certification of cremation and the remains to her at her farm for burial, of course she would like this at my cost. Her reason for the dismissal was to protect the confidentiallity of her clients, I subpenia her records, pertaining to the horse including previous adoption papers, this caused her to dismiss. I am probably going to file a libel suit against her for slander of our farm, it may be the only way to make her go away.....will keep you posted
    Okay, here is my response to her: I would respond right away. I would tell her that I already had the horse exhumed, and cremated, too! But I already threw its ashes off a cliff into the sea. Then I would tell her that I did, for personal reasons, keep a tiny bit of ash which I keep forever in my pinky decoder ring, but that she can have it, meaning the ash, not the ring. I would then tell her that the smidgeon of ash is included in the envelope with this letter. Then I would tip a cigarette ash into the envelope, seal the envelope and send it to her certified mail. That way, its recorded what she received from me. If she doesn't claim the mail, and it gets sent back, I can always say (sigh) that I tried.

Or, you could always send her a box of fireplace ashes. If you had a horse tooth, I'd put that in too.
    Last edited by AnotherRound; Aug. 7, 2008 at 01:39 PM.
    Airborne? Oh. Yes, he can take a joke. Once. After that, the joke's on you.

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherRound View Post
    Okay, here is my response to her: I would respond right away. I would tell her that I already had the horse exhumed, and cremated, too! But I already threw its ashes off a cliff into the sea. Then I would tell her that I did, for personal reasons, keep a tiny bit of ash which I keep forever in my pinky decoder ring, but that she can have it, meaning the ash, not the ring. I would then tell her that the smidgeon of ash is included in the envelope with this letter. Then I would tip a cigarette ash into the envelope, seal the envelope and send it to her certified mail. That way, its recorded what she received from me. If she doesn't claim the mail, and it gets sent back, I can always say (sigh) that I tried.

Or, you could always send her a box of fireplace ashes. If you had a horse tooth, I'd put that in too.
    You made me split a gut AR.
    I have a horse tooth around here somewhere and I will gladly send it on if needed. Other wise I have a deer skull that I could pop the teeth out of - I would gladly go to the trouble - for he cause.

OMG, don't get the COTHers going on this project. Pretty soon you'd have a whole horse skeleton and a bag full of ashes to send to her.

1 members found this post helpful.

Gosh--you've got me LOL with the tooth and the ashes! She's probably wanting to sell the ashes to whoever-wherever she got the horse from! Wow! Hampshire-It's sad-it doesn't go away! I'm impressed with your stamina! On behalf of all of us in the trenches-don't let her win!

Hampshire, did she bother to tell you about the lady up in Detroit who had the horse she was leasing from Brit Le' Brand repossessed by [her] a week before a big show? Missy Britney got her panties in a knot after she got pix from the gal in Detroit, and said the horse was not being taken care of (the world according to Britney), and literally drove up to Mich, repossessed the horse and took him home to Brit Le' Brand Farms. That was around the beginning of July, was a warmblood, wonder if it's the "rehab oldenburg" she has posted on equine.com for $500?
    Last edited by Moderator 1; Aug. 18, 2008 at 09:45 AM.

bullridr1 Guest

just curious "dogontired"...on equine.com she posted (today) two new ones: "beautiful champion mare for occasional trail ride on property FOR SALE $500"; "gorgeous, supersweet, outstanding, loving, rescued champion thoroughbred gelding FOR SALE $1- Forever contract required". Either one yours? Oh yeah, its listed by rocndiesel in Coshocton??? thought she lived in warsaw????
    Last edited by bullridr1; Aug. 9, 2008 at 08:54 PM. Reason: missing info

Quote Originally Posted by Anselcat View Post
    OMG, don't get the COTHers going on this project. Pretty soon you'd have a whole horse skeleton and a bag full of ashes to send to her.
    I found a dead mouse, rather shriveled up, but I'll be glad to donate him. Not to mention Mrs. Long, our black snake who committed sewerslide by hanging herself. I've left her hanging there, cause it's kinda cool looking. But for a good cause.............

Quote Originally Posted by Anselcat View Post
    I actually can get access to an entire horse skeleton if you want it.
    Kami Brooks
    U.S. Horse Outreach (USHO) * http://www.GodBlessTheHorse.org