The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Arrow OK, here we go... the "I'm sort of but not really watching the Super Bowl" thread!

So the TV is on, chips on the table, beer in hand... I'm a New Englander through and through, but eh...

Who wants to talk rollkur?

Or Crossed Sabers?

How about slaughter?

Barefoot vs. shod?

Just kidding...

I'm actually seriously thinking of buying this really cute weanling off the internet. He's not halter-broke yet, I've only been riding for 6 months but my 17 year-old trainer says we'll be able to make a killing in stud fees in a couple years. I think it's a great deal, especially because he's a Gypsy Vanner and he's only $25,000 and he poops PURPLE SKARKLY butterflies!!!

Where's my beer...?

I'm not even pretending to watch!

I'm drinking a glass of wine and helping the economy by shopping for blankets & tack online. Never mind that my horse is retired from showing and 28 years old. Some day in the near future I'll be purchasing a new project, and darn it this stuff I'm buying will fit!
    ~ A true friend knows all there is to know about you and still likes you. -E. Hubbard

Superbowl? Is the Superbowl on today?

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." - Confucious
    <>< I.I.

Hee hee, I'm horse shopping on dreamhorse and warmbloods-for-sale.com

And there's no way in hell I can afford a horse!

We just hit Circuit City to buy TV's for our new home--got a great "Super Bowl Blowout" prices. More to watch the RFD channel on!

I'm rooting for Manning--I don't know---kinda like the battle of the stud Qtr backs!! LOL!

Was suppose to go to a party, but I'm sick and didn't want to get everyone else sick. But, had to get the sale prices on the TV's!

Now back to getting chills from this stupid fever. BUT, I am getting over it finally. I hate being sick!
    *Better to have loved than to have never loved at all.*
    ALWAYS Blessings NEVER losses.

Default Yup here we are.

I mucked all my stalls, cooked, (homemade pizza and kalamata foccacia bread) and I'm here in the living room "watching" the game. DH does not care if I really watch it. The best part is that if someone leaves the room and returns asking "What happened?" I always say, "Well they all ran around and all fell down several times while you were out."

Wow, mucking was more fun and at least contemplative. I'm pulling for someone to win so there's no overtime.

I am here and there, love wireless. I can act like I am involved. I did catch the new Audi and I have to say I found my new love .....very pretty bling!

I am right there with you.... husband is watching, but I only pay attention to the commericals

I just sit around online until the commercials come on haha.
    "People ask me 'will I remember them if I make it'. I ask them 'will you remember me if I don't?'"

If you don't like the superbowl. check out the Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet; they have kittens at half time! It's hysterical!

I'm playing with my rescue corgi, "Ramsey" that Incentive delivered to me at a halfway point yesterday. He's great!

I haven't stooped low enough to searching for horses online-yet . I just know that would get me in trouble! I do have the game on but I am flipping around too. Most importantly I'm browsing COTH and trying desperately to breathe through my nose I hate being sick!
    Lord Stanely, Lord Stanley - come back to Pittsburgh!!!
    http://www.chronicleofmyhorse.com/profile/2_tbs
    *** I LOVE PUIKA FAN CLUB***

I'm definitely pretending to watch... and drinking... but I mostly just watch the commercials. When I was a teen, I was really INTO football, watched all the Patriots games, etc. Not sure what happened.

Shopping does sound good. Shall we all post the ugliest horse we can find for sale online?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruth0552 View Post
    Shopping does sound good. Shall we all post the ugliest horse we can find for sale online?
    Oooh! Count me in!!

Budweiser is suppose to have a good commercial w/ the Clydesdales. It was talked about on Fox news this morning. The anchor babe said it was a great commercial so that's what I am waiting for.

I'm not watching it - I'm Canadian (I live in the US though) unless it involves beer or skates I'm not interested

I was just putting together two online horse ads for two of the newbies and horse shopping (window shopping) while I was at it.

I'm also tack shopping - how many tabs can I have open at once??
    I want to see the SB commercials, but can't sit through the game, so America's Next Top Model is on the tv.
    True North Dressage
    Select Cheval Canadiens for dressage and eventing
    www.TrueNorthDressage.com

The kids are sprawled on the floor, we rode this morning and have already re hashed all the lessons.. now they are eating homemade pizza (do we see a trend?) and I am drinking a (well deserved) rum and coke!

I am ready for a nap,, if I kick the chair back a little farther,, I might just MAKE it!! BUT I want to be awake for HOUSE!
    "Energy efficient vehicle. Runs on grass and oats. CAUTION: Avoid exhaust!"
    I think we should eat trolls.
    Troll meat. Now that's good eatin'.
    by Hiddenlake

For anyone just interested in commercials go to www.myspace.com/superbowlads after the game. You can watch all the fun stuff without the boring football in between

Although, Super Bowl football isn't usually boring.

There is a Bud commerical on right now!
    Lord Stanely, Lord Stanley - come back to Pittsburgh!!!
    http://www.chronicleofmyhorse.com/profile/2_tbs
    *** I LOVE PUIKA FAN CLUB***

It's on!!

LOVE the Budweiser commercial!!!

And the Budweiser commercial just aired!

ADORABLE.