The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Hi from Vienna!

It's a quick visit - we leave in the morning for Prague. But from our hotel rooom I can lean out the window and watch beautiful matched pairs put to landaus making their stately but forward way around Stephansplatz. And we spent much of the afternoon at the Spanish Riding School. Lovely!

Oh what fun! Enjoy!

humph.... jealous moi !

I also highly recommend the Schoebrun (Summer) Palace. The carriage museum which is situated in the gardens (to the right of the main Palace entrance) is absolutely awesome.

Carriage manufacturer's and carriage driver's heaven.

Wow, I'm jealous too! I know you'll have fun there whatever you choose to do! Oh, I hope you're taking pics of the horses. My most prized pics from trips to HI are the ones where we've stopped beside the road and gotten pics of shiny, healthy horses. They're friendly too, and usually come to the fence..

In Vienna and posting on the COTH!

I wish you could post pictures too! Its raining here, again! You aren't missing a thing.
    /Don't Judge...
    1 in 100 children, 1 in 94 boys and 1 in 88 military children...
    It’s time to listen.
    Every day!/

Quote Originally Posted by Yip View Post
    Wow, I'm jealous too! I know you'll have fun there whatever you choose to do! Oh, I hope you're taking pics of the horses. ..
    There's no photos allowed now within the Winter School and if you're caught trying to sneak one of the horses then you're evicted pretty quickly

I've got some from many years ago before everything got so commercial. Now though you just have to buy their expensive memorabilia from the shop.

Dale,

What on earth are you doing on COTH when you're in Vienna???? So much to do and see, and eat and drink. I sure wouldn't be online!
    Pat Belskie - ASHEMONT Farm

http://www.ashemont.com
    Ashemont2@gmail.com

The heck with "What are you doing on COTH," I want to know what you're doing in Vienna! When the heck did you head overseas?

Leia
    Hey look, I joined ANOTHER forum! And you thought horses were addictive.

Default WHAT!!!!!!!!

This ain't Miss. dahlin'

Default Color me green...

I am sooo envious. I have always wanted to visit there. Sounds like you are having a great trip. Take lots of pics.

well i guess its a cheaper way of sending a post card to all and sundry hahaha

glad you having a great time

ps if you read this over there bev's has news for you xx

Well, we are in Prague now, and if this comes out funnÿ it§s because we§re using a verz different kezboard here. Do zour best == I§ve given up1 here§s a clue == ¨z is y, but it takes me three kezstrokes to get to that y.

We§ve driven across much of the Cyech republic and it§s beautiful, but we didn§t see a single horse nor much at all in the waz of livestock. A small herd of cows, a penful of ostriches, some chickens, that was it. Mounds of manure piled at the edges of fresh=plowed fields readz for spreading, so there must be horses and cattle here somewhere1

Prague might be the most beautiful citz I§ve ever seen. It makes mz ezes greedz.

Oh == we§re here for John§s worků he brought me along because it§s mz birthdaz on sundaz and our 29th anniversarz in a few weeks1

So Jennz, zou found mz girl a horse, did zou oh heck there are four letters on the question mark kez and I cannot figure out how to activate the right one. Question mark.

great you having fun-- your inbox full dale will let bev tell you xx

Ah--Dale--so very cool for you. Enjoy!!!

I'm thinking the keyboard is a vicious ploy by the Czechs to make the Americans look funny

Don't know if you're aware but there's some new legislation just been brought in over there about keeping horses off the roads. Its been widely publicised in our Driving Journals as being hugely detrimental to horses and to those dependent on them for livelihood in rural communities.

The same thing about horses on roads is happening in Florida in our county. They are harassing the carriage drivers even tho the state law says horses have the right of way on roads. The upshot was that last week at the HDT, there was a code enforcement person sitting on the side of the road both days taking pictures of anyone driving a carriage from the other side from the grounds (we are in a subdivision there where many of us are drivers). In order for the HDT to get a special permit for their show, which by the way was totally on their own privately owned property, it was deemed that carriages were prohibited from using the 50 foot easement on either side of the paved road to get from one side to the other which is what we do on a daily basis. Supposedly the owners of the HDT property will be getting a bill for the overtime paid to the code enforcement person sitting there for two days.

I§m reallz sorrz to hear about both circumstances. I§m missing horses terriblz here. Thez appear quite often in images and statues, but none in real life. In contras¨t, one sees manz dogs mannerlz dogs moving quietlz off leash at their owners§ sides. Like daemons. Lovelz.