The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Default GA Peeps - Can anyone help these guys?

Is there anyone from this area of Georgia that can help this poor guys?

http://www.horseville.com/php/view.php?id=131489

Default Hey there how are you doing.

I have e-mailed the details to a friend nearer to them.

Will let you know if they can help.
    \"I have lived my life-it is nearly done-.I have played the game all round;But I freely admit that the best of my fun I owe it to Horse and Hound\".

Ted is 15. I mentally compared him with Pooh, and my heart just sank. Poor Pooh, and his friend.
    www.specialhorses.org
    a 501(c)3 organization helping 501(c)3 equine rescues

Doesnt that just break Lori's heart. I wish I could, I wish I could but since there is no hay shortage here, guess I cant. God knows how I will feed them.
    Our horses are not seen as the old and disabled they may have become, but rather as the mighty steeds they once believed themselves to be.

Sunkissed Acres Rescue and Retirement

OH my...that is just heartbreaking.

One completely blind and the other blind in one eye?

Are there any rescues near them? I opened the map and see they are near I-95.

How many more like this will there be this year with the hay shortage?

LMH you cant believe how our phone rings for kids just like these two. I had two dropped off at the pasture gate a month or so ago. Sadly, I have come to love those two little old ladies so, another two stalls occupied. No matter what, I see hay listed for sale. Shipping is so high, the hay is high priced and so far, the quality of what I have
    seen gets worse and worse. Sadly, I got in 5 siezures last year which I am unable to place due to the law. While owners go to court, I am feeding them and five starving horses burned through a ton of my bermuda hay, never mind the alfalfa. I am unable to replace it unless I either travel or.............pay an exhorbant amount for shipping. Neither sits well with me.

But, these are the kind of kids who melt me. Doesnt Pooh just look like he needs a warm blanket, and a kind hand.
    Our horses are not seen as the old and disabled they may have become, but rather as the mighty steeds they once believed themselves to be.

Sunkissed Acres Rescue and Retirement

Poor guys. Isn't there a rescue up north somewhere that specializes in the care of blind horses? It seems I remember a thread about a blind mare foaling out at a rescue in GA and then once the foal was strong enough they were sent to that rescue. Acey and Pumpkin were their names

My oh my..there are just some things even I can't believe..I don't know anything about taking care of totally blind horses, though am not adverse to one that is half blind.

Had an arab x mare that was missing an eye here..best little young rider horse ever..won in most of her classes in eventing, also did the pony races at the Steeplechase at Callaway Gardens, came in 4th and she had NEVER raced before..her owner gave me his medal that he won..I still have it hanging next to my computer at the house. Kid graduated and gave the horse to another child. She carted that kid around on trails at the age of 25 and as far as I know, she's still alive and well. Never seemed to bother her only having one eye. She was a $300 sack of skin and bones that was on her way to the kill sale. I grabbed her up and she rode like a dream once she got some weight on her and I convinced the parents to buy her for their kid. Best little horse ever..so appreciative..and loved. Her name was Ginger and she was a flea bit grey mare, arab x.

sigh..I so hate to see these ads. I really, really do.

Oh man, I hate this! I'm a softee for the blind ones too....
    Kingsland is on the coast, right?
    Y'all ain't right!

I can help with transport. And certainly the $1 bail. If someone can take them.

Damn. I wish, I wish I had a zillion dollars and a huge spread where we could have these horses.
    www.specialhorses.org

Default Please put Kingsland in the title.

Kingsland is near the coast by Kings Bay Navy Base.Just north of Jacksonville.
    \"I have lived my life-it is nearly done-.I have played the game all round;But I freely admit that the best of my fun I owe it to Horse and Hound\".

Lori, how much hay would you need to take on a couple more beasties? Maybe we could do a 'hayraiser'? Do you have any fairly healthy soundish beasties that need a home? I have a friend who is looking for a safe (not overly ancient - she has plenty of those) beastie.

I guess what I'm asking is if we could get you some hay and make some room, could you/would you think about taking these guys on? They're breaking my heart
    Y'all ain't right!

I'm with BeastieSlave. I could help too.

I just look at Pooh - and think, that could have been Ted. The difference between them is appalling. You already have L'il Dot...so you have a wee paddock...
    www.specialhorses.org

Talking

I would be willing to contribute some $$ too - BeastieSlave --- do you need a few more Zardenes????

bumping
    www.specialhorses.org

Default still available? any body know?

I'm in S. Carolina, pretty close. Has anyone contacted them to find out if they're still available? Don't want to call and make them think there's now a "demand" for them.

I do retiree boarding. Don't have experience with totally blind (would he "transfer" very well?) but the re-hab, senior care would be right up my alley. Just LOVE to see them bloom again with TLC.

Need some input on blind horse care before I could commit.

Lori at Sunkissed has had plenty of half blind horses and all-blind (primarily Appys), so she could help you out there.
    www.specialhorses.org

I have a totally blind mare that I could talk for hours about! If it's a sensible horse (and I'm sure this one must be to have made it ths far), it's really not that bad. aiken4horses, shoot me a PM and I'll tell you what I can about life with a blind beastie. I'll be happy to call you if you're comfortable with that.
    Y'all ain't right!

Quote Originally Posted by Procella View Post
    I would be willing to contribute some $$ too - BeastieSlave --- do you need a few more Zardenes????
    Oh man, I'd do this in a heartbeat if I wasn't already one over capacity right now. Zardene (and Candi, my blind appy) have been the most amazing beasties! Definitely life-changers
    Y'all ain't right!

Bumping - Beastie or Aiken please let us know if you are able to contact the owner....