The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

I'm still waiting on hearing what actual shows besides psj has he showed at and at what level. hmmmm hmmm hmm hm. Oh I said earlier he was on the h/j forum now and not liking what he is hearing there I don't think either, but there he has not commented back. Like I said before though he does have beautiful horses but it seems like he is trying to sell them on here by saying his are so much better than others and go nice and easy and then type his website. Thats the main thing that aggreviated me.

Default Why are some people so angry?

Quote Originally Posted by rabicon View Post
    I'm still waiting on hearing what actual shows besides psj has he showed at and at what level. hmmmm hmmm hmm hm. Oh I said earlier he was on the h/j forum now and not liking what he is hearing there I don't think either, but there he has not commented back. Like I said before though he does have beautiful horses but it seems like he is trying to sell them on here by saying his are so much better than others and go nice and easy and then type his website. Thats the main thing that aggreviated me.
    I still do not get some of you. I always mean what I say and always say what I mean. i just want to generate some thoughts across the board because the underlying truth is that correct, basic, classical training is the essence of all sports.

I have always signed my posts with my website -as a lot of the folks here. If you think I only show at the PSJ, you are wrong. And because I own my own horses, bring them up from babies, I do not always have the means to keep them until they reach the top. Sometimes i do not show for a few months - because it is more important for me to train my horses correctly. But, unlike most trainers, I am not beating the stinging nettle with somebody else's dick.

I think it's not my website address what aggravated you, but the fact that I might have a little truth in what I am saying.

Andras

Default serious answer

People are getting angry because you are insulting their riding/training/eventing knowledge for not buying your horses. Not buying your horse doesn't mean that someone doesn't understand the relationship between eventing disciplines.

Anyway, when you are selling, you are going to find people who don't like or get along with your horse, for whatever reason. It could be because they have a type that is different (maybe they are mostly an OTTB person) , or just not the right chemistry, whatever. Don't sweat it--it isn't a reflection on your or your program--wait for the right person who will do great things with the horse.

If you are consistently receiving this feedback from top level eventers, then it sounds like what you are producing isn't a good fit with the event market. If this is the case, you have a few options:

1. Forget 'em--Seriously. Your horses are stunning, appear well-trained, will obviously be snapped up by someone. Eventers have a lot less money and a lot more requirements on horses they buy, many are not warmblood fans, so maybe focus your energy on marketing to other, more lucrative markets.

2. Change their minds. Not by posting on COTH that none of them know a good horse when they see one but by highlighting their eventing ability/potential. Have you gotten any of them out eventing at higher levels? Or have you sold any that went onto become upper level eventers? Advertise it! Sure, we eventers are not as focused on lines as a lot of the dressage people, but if you are selling a half-sib to "blah-blah-blah" known upper level horse, people will perk up and take notice. The event world is very small.

3. Adapt. If you really want to sell to eventers, and eventers are consistently telling you that your horses are the wrong type, you could try breeding 1 or 2 of a lighter type and see what happens.

I understand how frustrating it is to try to sell horses and get the dumbest reasons as to why yours won't work, but generally you probably knew it wasn't a match from watching them. And I suppose if large numbers are giving you the same feedback, it at least gives you insight into what that market, in this case the "top eventer" market is looking for. Then you have to decide what, if anything, to do with that information.

Quote Originally Posted by szipi View Post
    I think it's not my website address what aggravated you, but the fact that I might have a little truth in what I am saying.

Think again. While there is some bad riding and training in all of the horse sports, there is no truth at all in your assessment of upper level eventers. They absolutely understand the relationship between the phases. And their horses are absolutely well trained, focused, and trust their riders. They are competitors who can get excited about their jobs as cross country is very exciting. It is NOT desirable for an Advanced level horse to go around cross country like a hunter. If you had experience doing it, you would know why.

And I for one could care less that you put your website on your posts (although I'm suprised the mods allow it in this context, since you are advertising horses for sale). It sounds like business is bad and you are frustrated, and I truely am sorry about that. But if you think you are going to drum up business by insulting the top riders of eventing (and show jumping on the H/J forums), well... let's just say you probably won't see anything good come out of that.

I honestly think by the look of your horses, and what you have said that eventers have said about them, that you would do best keeping their marketing in the H/J world. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by szipi View Post
    I still do not get some of you. I always mean what I say and always say what I mean. i just want to generate some thoughts across the board because the underlying truth is that correct, basic, classical training is the essence of all sports.
    Andras
    I agree but usually if you are in the business of selling or promoting horses it bodes well if you have some sense of public relations. Maybe you need PR counseling because what you are coming across as, is a pompous a$$.

Can we all just ignore him... go down to our local race track and pick up some future event champions for about... $1