The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Proud owner of one Lunar acre! (Campanus Crater, The Moon)

Sorry, Rebecca, but I've reached a conclussion in my life (after many years of working with horses in various barns/environments, from the lowly $500 horse to many in the six figures), and that is: Horses need to be horses.

Just because you spend a lot of money on a horse doesn't mean that you should put it in bubble wrap and treat it like it's glass or porcelain. Horses are not figurines. They are living, breathing animals with a lot of spirit. They not only need to have some time with other horses, they also need to be out in a field and be a horse.

So, whether or not the OP is a garage gnome or a busy body, I still say that the treatment of the horses is not something I would condone. (If we're talking horses on a long road to recovery after sustaining an injury, that is an exception. If we're talking about a way of managing sound horses on a daily basis, using this program, then I disagree. Especially if it's driven by paranoia. If you can't afford to lose the money, don't spend it--especially not on a horse.)

Then again, that's JMHO.
    "Relinquish your whip!!"

Quote Originally Posted by yikes123 View Post
    I was told the owner gets the info from the internet.

The owners buys six figure horses and seeks his info how to raise, train and handle them on the Internet

Proud owner of one Lunar acre! (Campanus Crater, The Moon)

Just saw that the OP changed this thread. To the OP, please do not start another nevermind thread. I think this board only has room for one, and that's in Off Course.

(Go read it if you want to be entertained, and blush. )
    "Relinquish your whip!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
    Just saw that the OP changed this thread. To the OP, please do not start another nevermind thread. I think this board only has room for one, and that's in Off Course.

(Go read it if you want to be entertained, and blush. )
    What are you talking about?? another Nevermind thread? I'm not looking to get into a pissing match is all. To repeat again just looking for some information.

so, OP, any time someone doesn't agree with you, you get mad?

$100,000

I was thinking $100K - really I was! - and don't know how that million thing crept in!

Velvet, I agree that horses need to be horses. Mine are turned out all day, every day unless the weather is absolutely dangerous. They don't get wrapped every night and they don't even know how to be longed.

My point WASN'T that I agree with horse management plan A or horse management plan B.

My point was that it is none of others' business how I, or the owner(s) in the OP treat our horses.

As the original content of the OP has been removed, the general utility of this thread is limited, so we're going to close it. Feel free to start a related discussion in a new thread.

To clarify for the OP, the earlier reference to the "Nevermind" thread was not an insult. A while ago another poster removed a question from a thread in Off Course, replacing it with "Nevermind" and the thread has since taken on a comical life of its own.

Thanks!