The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default widening an older Kieffer?

I need to get an older Kieffer widened. Anyone know who does this?

Default If...anf if it can be done.

Should read...If ,,,and IF it can be done....

The only person I would trust is Ava ???? who is now working with Tad Coffin in Virginia.
    \"I have lived my life-it is nearly done-.I have played the game all round;But I freely admit that the best of my fun I owe it to Horse and Hound\".

It can be done, and the people at the Keiffer factory can do it for you. They have a special stand that they set it on and heat it up and adjust it. You just have to send a drawing etc of your horses back.
    If you do a search for Keiffer, their main site will come up and there is a link on there to saddle adjusting or something like that. The site actually shows the stand and explains how they do it.
    My friend has a Keiffer that she had adjusted once for her other horse and is getting ready to send off again this week to get readjusted for her new horse.
    Apparently Keiffer's have a special sort of tree in them so they can do this.
    "Perhaps the final test of anybody's love of dogs is their willingness to permit them to make a camping ground of the bed" -Henry T. Merwin

your friend sends the saddle all the way to germany?

hopefully i can find a person here in the US that can do it for me... the postage to germany must be huge!

btw: who is ava and how do i contact her?

I knew someone would ask that,I just got here to restuff my Keiffer before she went up to Virginia.

She is a miracle worker with saddles.

Let me see if I can dig out her card.
    \"I have lived my life-it is nearly done-.I have played the game all round;But I freely admit that the best of my fun I owe it to Horse and Hound\".

AVA VETTENBURG ,ha ha my last brain cell finally kicked in.

Apparently she is now working with Tad Coffin,she is a very acomplished Master saddler.

thank you!

Ava has a website but evidently it has been down lately. She is in High Springs FL. I sent her a Jaguar XJS a couple of months ago and she did a great job. Her website is www.englishsaddlerepair.com
    No my friend didn't send the saddle to Germany ( I don't think), I think she said there is a plant or a rep or whatever that has the thing in this country. But if you look at the website it's pretty cool how they do it.
    "Perhaps the final test of anybody's love of dogs is their willingness to permit them to make a camping ground of the bed" -Henry T. Merwin

again, thank you for the info.... i did look up ava and tried to send her an email but it came back....

i do know there is a kieffer guy here in the us - that must be where your friend sent the saddle... (?)

k, off to see if i can find contact info for ava.

I don't think Ava is available if your email came back, she is usually very reachable.
    I think the man that did my friend's is in Orlando, he has the stand thing for the Keiffer's. But i know she would send it to Germany if necessary, the saddle is worth it.

AVA has moved up to Virginia to work with Tad Coffin.

He has a Phone # on his website,I am sure he can put you in touch with her.

She has left High Springs.

Ron Friedson in Westport Connecticut
    Phone: 203 557-3285

I just (Thursday) got my Kieffer back. Ron has a saddler that is certified by Kieffer to work on Kieffers. They took my regular tree Aachen and they did steam/heat the whole thing and widen the tree to an extra wide. They replaced the flocking and retrofitted it to the horse I am using it on now. They did a beautiful job.

it's not the edge of the earth, but you can see it from here

Doesn't Dressage Extensions do it now as well?
    InnisFailte Pinto Sporthorses & Coloured Cobs
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bits are like cats, what's one more? (Petstorejunkie)