The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

In addition to many of the above comments, I think not being able to search for scores unless you are a member is an unfortunate change.

How do you search for a horse's or rider's old scores? I went on the site and put in the HID number but it doesn't give you the chance to put in what year you are searching for.
    Love your horse like it's the last time you'll see him

I was able to find competition results pretty quickly - seemed pretty intuitive.

I've always disliked the idea of on-line adverts when you have a printed publication but I guess this IS the new millenium and I just need to get with the program. I tend to ignore anything that is begging for my attention like all those blinky movey things over to the right of this screen.
    "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." ~ Jack Layton

Oh and here's an absolutely idiotic fact that I discovered when I finally called them on the phone - my corporation which owns all of my horses has a Corporate Member Number ...but the USDF has also assigned the SAME NUMBER to an Individual member!! Talk about creating problems. When I finally do log in for my corporation - I can access the horses I have on the system and the horses owned by this other person. I asked who to write to complain that giving out IDENTICAL numbers to 2 different members (even if one is corporate and one is individual) is a big problem and the answer I received was "I don't know". I asked who was in charge of the entire Registration system - ...again "I don't know".

All the money we pay to the USDF AND THE USEF and we get mediocre service all the time.
    Summit Sporthorses Ltd. Inc.
    "Breeding Competition Partners & Lifelong Friends"

The background/text colors make it hard to read.
    Stay me with coffee, comfort me with chocolate, for I am sick of love.

Quote Originally Posted by ise@ssl View Post
    Oh and here's an absolutely idiotic fact that I discovered when I finally called them on the phone - my corporation which owns all of my horses has a Corporate Member Number ...but the USDF has also assigned the SAME NUMBER to an Individual member!! Talk about creating problems. When I finally do log in for my corporation - I can access the horses I have on the system and the horses owned by this other person. I asked who to write to complain that giving out IDENTICAL numbers to 2 different members (even if one is corporate and one is individual) is a big problem and the answer I received was "I don't know". I asked who was in charge of the entire Registration system - ...again "I don't know".......
    that's a classic!
    Nothing says "I love you" like a tractor. (Clydejumper)

The reports states, “Elizabeth reported that she accidently put down this pony, ........, at the show.”

For both of them, USEF and USDF, the old sites were really bad, the new sites are absolutely HORRIBLE!!!!!