The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Oldenburg Farm

FYI - I saw on another board, and heard through word of mouth, that Oldenburg Farm is selling all of its broodmares, and I believe that they have lowered Regazzoni's stud fee.

This is definitely not an ad - I am in no way financially connected to the farm, other than having bred to Regazzoni once. I noticed that their website isn't updated, so am just passing on info that could turn into a good opportunity for those who might be interested. Feel free to remove if this classifies as an ad.

Why would they be selling their broodies? Getting into different bloodlines, or getting out of breeding mares?
    Chris Misita
    www.hiddenvalleyfarms.net Home of Bravo and Warrick!
    To dare; progress comes at this price. All sublime conquests are, more or less, the rewards of daring.
    Victor Hugo

It is my understanding that they're getting out of breeding mares at this point in time.

They have/had (don't know what they have left) some very lovely mares available.

Has anyone seen their facility? It's beautiful!

I wonder if they're just going to stand Reggazzoni, and maybe bring in boarders? It'd be a shame to have that much acerage, barn, etc. and only have 1 stallion and a handful of horses, JMO.
    "The higher you hold your pinky, the more dignified you be." -Patrick Starfish

"Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance" -Coco Chanel

Maybe they plan on being one of the Hanoverian training facilities, do you suppose?
    http://www.talloaksfarm.net ---"Success is not final, failure is not fatal; it is the courage to continue that counts." --- Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by talloaks View Post
    Maybe they plan on being one of the Hanoverian training facilities, do you suppose?
    I don't think so. The owner has become very interested in exotic cars, and has removed some stalls for car lifts and filled the indoor with cars (anyone else there at this year's inspections). Doesn't look good. It was painful to be there last summer and see this unbelievably magnificent facility looking more like a garage.

Different toys for different boys I guess!!
    http://www.talloaksfarm.net ---"Success is not final, failure is not fatal; it is the courage to continue that counts." --- Winston Churchill

Mid-life crisis maybe?
    "The higher you hold your pinky, the more dignified you be." -Patrick Starfish

"Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance" -Coco Chanel

Maybe exotic cars pays better!
    Chris Misita
    www.hiddenvalleyfarms.net Home of Bravo and Warrick!
    To dare; progress comes at this price. All sublime conquests are, more or less, the rewards of daring.
    Victor Hugo

Quote Originally Posted by misita View Post
    Maybe exotic cars pays better!

Well, they don't have to eat, the don't get hurt and they don't die!
    Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm."
    --Winston Churchill
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hills...h/112931293227
    www.HillsideHRanch.com

These restored and exotic cars need a controlled environment and so much more care, they don't just sit there and look pretty. Don't ask me how I know!!

The owners of these cars also never seem to be happy with the car.... always buying new things for them, sending them places to have these new things put on or adjusted. And my favorite part is that you can only drive these things when the weather conditions are optimal!

Don't ask me how I know either!! I am just lucky that mine has his own building for his with a lift etc...

From the wevsite it doesn't look like they're selling that much. They only have 4 horses listed. Maybe the list will get bigger?

Quote Originally Posted by monami View Post
    The owners of these cars also never seem to be happy with the car.... always buying new things for them, sending them places to have these new things put on or adjusted. And my favorite part is that you can only drive these things when the weather conditions are optimal!

Don't ask me how I know either!! I am just lucky that mine has his own building for his with a lift etc...
    Sound just like horses......

Well ours never were driven, only onto the van to go to cars shows!! Sound familiar?? None of the Sunday drives you would think, sort of like taking trial rides on the weekend, never!!

Talloaks.. I assume you are in the classic cars group? We have high performance exotics. Not sure which is worse!

I know some of the posters on this thread have been at this awhile. I have been breeding for over 20 years now and there are increasingly more days when filling the arena with cars (old, new, other people's, whatever) sounds like a REALLY GOOD IDEA.

This is a 24 hour 365 day business if you have more than a few mares and leaving the property becomes a planned event if it's for more than a day.
    Summit Sporthorses Ltd. Inc.
    "Breeding Competition Partners & Lifelong Friends"

Quote Originally Posted by eqsiu View Post
    From the wevsite it doesn't look like they're selling that much. They only have 4 horses listed. Maybe the list will get bigger?
    Yes, I believe that the list is bigger. The post that I saw on another forum mentioned that the website has not been updated, but all of the mares are for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillside H Ranch View Post
    Well, they don't have to eat, the don't get hurt and they don't die!

Hear, hear. Fancy cars are looking like a great choice.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleClick View Post
    and filled the indoor with cars (anyone else there at this year's inspections).
    Been there, saw them, took some photos for the SO. Some pretty schnazzy wheels in there. I think we counted 50-60 cars, trucks and cycles in what was the indoor arena.