The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Quote Originally Posted by DressageGeek "Ribbon Ho" View Post
    Soy milk is eveil,whereas maple syrup can be used with just about everything.
    Ha! Clearly you haven't hit menopause yet...
    "One person's cowboy is another person's blooming idiot" -- katarine

Spay and neuter. Please.

Quote Originally Posted by Beasmom View Post
    You're right! Embarrassing, huh?

J Swan, if you can get H & T to go away, can do do the same with Auventera Two?

Well - Then the only person left to vilify would be me! Yikes!

Quote Originally Posted by J Swan View Post
    Oh - that is the real meaning of the word "Baroque"

It means, you are out of Monet.

Uh oh. Does hitting menopause mean you have to drink soy milk? If so - lead me to those hormones! I'll be in menopause denial.
    www.specialhorses.org
    a 501(c)3 organization helping 501(c)3 equine rescues

Quote Originally Posted by slc2 View Post
    No, in fact, we don't do ANYTHING to get the horse in that position. Nothing.

No ying-yangin', jerkin' the reins, 'bumping him on the mouth with the bit', 'spongeing the reins', pulling on the outside and yankin' on the inside rein, Nuthin.
    THANK YOU. May I print this out and hang it up at my barn? I once caught my daughter see-sawing on her pony. I screeched "STOP RIGHT THIS MINUTE" and asked why she was doing that as I know she had never seen me do that, nor had she been taught this by her trainer. She replied "I heard (insert the other trainer at our barn's name here) tell her student that is how you get your horse on the bit". Scary.

And now back to regular programming...

Quote Originally Posted by monstrpony View Post

Lets not go there. I still have nightmares over SLC's menopausal post.

Quote Originally Posted by slc2 View Post
    mysogynist? hardly. i'm a 'menopauser' too, and i can tell you, that every single person experiences it differently - just because one person had an easy time of it, doesn't mean everyone else does. some people have no problems, some people have slight problems. some people have problems that respond to herbs, others to medication - some have serious problems that respond to NOTHING, or they can't take the medications avaliable for various reasons. if one does sweat alot as a result of menopause, however, body odor can be a problem.

not everyone can afford medication to ease their way thru it. there's a gal at my office who goes home to shower at lunch - not all the deodorant, bathing in the world helps. she sweats very hard and a fan, light clothes and nothing else will stop it.

i know another gal having a very tough time with menopause - she does much the same - she has money, but she can't take any medications to ease her way thru menopause because she is a cancer survivor, and the doctor fears taking the medication for menopause would increase her risk of a cancer relapse.

the other possibility is that this woman yu can 'Stinky' has a difficult job that involves physical work - and she may not have time to freshen up before coming to the boarding barn. you may not have ever had a job that involves physical work, or been on a difficult schedule.

and, yes, actually, mouth odor can have dozens of sources - indigestion, ulcers, or a zillion other conditions the person can do little about. and yes, tooth loss can be something that has nothing to do with the person's own efforts to keep them.

congrats, nezzy, i've never met anyone as stubborn and nasty as you. despite hearing many opinions on this matter you refuse to listen to any other idea other than your own or take even one SECOND to consider the woman may not be your personal business to judge and cut down and look down your nose at.

some day you will learn, that it's not your bonded responsibility to decide who in the world has value, and who does not.

i feel sorry for someone in this mix - you.

I have read thru a good bit of this and here are my "observations". "Broke in the face" is a term that many stock type people use to mean "soft". A very good friend of mine, who is also a clinet (her daughter rides with me) has had top reining horses and that is exactly what they say to mean a horse that is soft and gives to rein pressure. They WANT the horse to be light to the aids. Now some of the trainers do it very very well, and some use some pretty awful techniques which I ahve witnessed with my own eyes. But to label them ALL as awful trainers jsut is ignorant. Stock horse people have their own "terminoglogy" just the same as dressage people do. It doesn't necessarily MEAN anything. I am not going to comment on the OP's trechniques as I cannot tell from her posts exactly what she is or si nto doing and really don't want to go there. I just want to say what I have seen and I ahve learned a LOT from good stock hrose trainers over the years.

Soy milk is eveil,whereas maple syrup can be used with just about everything.
    Soy milk is evil and gives you gas, which may be part of the "Stinky" post, but that was maybe more info than I needed, so I didn't read closely. Rice milk, my perimenopausal, lactose intolerant, diverticulosis and colitis inclined friends, is the ONLY way to go. It works well with the rice bran, and of course we don't do real sugar, but honey, maple syrup or whichever of the sugar substitutes is least likely to give you cancer.

But does rice milk have those lovely phytoestrogens that hold the hot flashes at bay? Didn't think so. It works for me, and no stink factor.

Well, as slick said, each of us has our own menopausal moderators, or none at all if we're one of the unlucky ones. Whatever works. Or not.

Kind of like dressage, but not really. Or only on Sunday in months that don't contain the letter "r", or some such.

Hey, maybe that's the answer--at least, how our MEN get broke in the face: menopausal madness.
    "One person's cowboy is another person's blooming idiot" -- katarine

Spay and neuter. Please.

Quote Originally Posted by ESG View Post
    Did I say "all Western riders"? No, I did not. So, unless you're one of the aforementioned, you haven't a problem, have you?

Sheesh.
    You said "Western teaches......" In my book that implies ALL.