The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default A Trail/Endurance Rider's THIS IS ME...

1) MY BEST TRAIL HORSE IS (BREED): Tennessee Walking Horse
    2) MY BEST TRAIL HORSE’S NAME: Luke
    3) WE USUALLY RIDE WITH: my hubby and his SSH.
    4) OUR AVERAGE TRAIL RIDE LENGTH: 2-3 hours.
    5) FAVORITE TIME OF YEAR TO RIDE: Late fall/early winter (I like it cold!).
    6) FAVORITE TRAIL: Blue Ridge Conservancy in Neersville, VA.
    7) TACK BEFORE OR AFTER TRAILERING?: Usually before, since the trailer ride is usually less than 30 minutes.
    8) HELMET ON OR OFF (no lectures, please!): On -- I’ve had too many konks to not wear it, even on my most trusted horse.
    9) ROUTINE BEFORE YOU LEAVE THE BARN: Hook up trailer, check connections and lights. Load supplies (drinks, water for horses, snacks and forage), groom, tack, then load.
    10) ROUTINE WHEN YOU GET BACK TO THE TRAILER/BARN AFTER YOUR RIDE: We usually dismount about 500 yards from the trailer and walk the last bit, then hook them up to a lead line outside the trailer. We untack, give the horses each a bucket of grass forage soup (1/2 bucket water with a heaping scoop of grass forage swirled in), curry or wash down their sweat marks, then kick back and drink a Gatorade.
    11) MY STANDARD ATTIRE FOR THE RIDE: Occasionally I wear breeches, but usually I ride in jeans, paddock boots and a jacket.
    12) MY HORSE’S STANDARD ATTIRE FOR THE RIDE: Western saddle, halter/bridle combo and breast plate.
    13) THE LAST TIME I WENT OUT ON TRAIL EARLY IN THE MORNING, BEFORE I LEFT THE HOUSE I…showered (I really needed to), ate a bagel, locked up the dogs and went down to the barn to load up.
    14) DO YOU RIDE IN THE RAIN, SNOW OR OTHER INCLEMENT WEATHER? Most of the trails we ride ask that riders not ride after very wet weather. So when the weather has been bad, we’ll ride the gravel roads and fields around our house.
    15) MAKE-UP ON TRAIL, YES OR NO? I’m really blond, with white eyelashes. So I’m never without mascara. But that’s pretty much it. That and some chap stick.
    16) DO YOU WORK WITH A TRAINER? Occasionally.
    17) ASIDE FROM TRAIL/ENDURANCE RIDING, DO YOU AND YOUR HORSE PARTICIPATE IN ANY OTHER DISCIPLINES? Not so far. But I do ride dressage with another horse.
    18) AVERAGE WEEKLY RING/ARENA TIME? With Luke, probably just about an hour. We do more road work than ring work during the week. For some reason both our gaited horses hate the ring.
    19) DO YOU RIDE THROUGH THE WINTER? Absolutely. It’s August I take off!
    20) THE SCARIEST THING YOU OR YOUR HORSE HAS EVER ENCOUNTERED ON TRAIL: A basketball, sitting quietly in the middle of the trail.
    21) HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU COME OFF ON TRAIL?: Sadly, too many times to count. I used to ride an OTTB.
    22) IF YOU COULD HAVE A TRAIL THEME SONG, WHAT WOULD IT BE: With Luke, it would have to be the theme from Star Wars (I call him Luke Trailwalker ).
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." - Confucious
    <>< I.I.

Default I'll play

1) MY BEST TRAIL HORSE IS (BREED): Morgan
    2) MY BEST TRAIL HORSE’S NAME: Misty's If You Please or "Belle"
    3) WE USUALLY RIDE WITH: my best riding bud- Pat or alone
    4) OUR AVERAGE TRAIL RIDE LENGTH:3-5 hours
    5) FAVORITE TIME OF YEAR TO RIDE: Late fall/early winter or late spring
    6) FAVORITE TRAIL: My local trails off the Susquehanna River
    7) TACK BEFORE OR AFTER TRAILERING?: After always
    8) HELMET ON OR OFF (no lectures, please!): On- Always!
    9) ROUTINE BEFORE YOU LEAVE THE BARN: girth tight? cell phone on me?
    10) ROUTINE WHEN YOU GET BACK TO THE TRAILER/BARN AFTER YOUR RIDE: Dismount in the driveway, walk to the barn, untack, cool out or hose depending on weather, then treats or hand grazing, and finally stretching before turnout
    11) MY STANDARD ATTIRE FOR THE RIDE: breeches, shirt depends on weather, paddock boots and half chaps
    12) MY HORSE’S STANDARD ATTIRE FOR THE RIDE: dressage or endurance saddle, breastplate, halter/ bridle and lead rope
    13) THE LAST TIME I WENT OUT ON TRAIL EARLY IN THE MORNING, BEFORE I LEFT THE HOUSE I…ate breakfast, fed the horses at home
    14) DO YOU RIDE IN THE RAIN, SNOW OR OTHER INCLEMENT WEATHER? I won't start out in the rain, etc. but I don't mind it if it starts while I'm already riding
    15) MAKE-UP ON TRAIL, YES OR NO? only if chapstick counts
    16) DO YOU WORK WITH A TRAINER? Well, I work with several trainers as in that's my job, but I don't ride with a trainer
    17) ASIDE FROM TRAIL/ENDURANCE RIDING, DO YOU AND YOUR HORSE PARTICIPATE IN ANY OTHER DISCIPLINES?I do speed events, dressage and used to do eventing, jumpers, hunters...
    18) AVERAGE WEEKLY RING/ARENA TIME? really depends on the weather and my work schedule
    19) DO YOU RIDE THROUGH THE WINTER? yup
    20) THE SCARIEST THING YOU OR YOUR HORSE HAS EVER ENCOUNTERED ON TRAIL: hmmm
    21) HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU COME OFF ON TRAIL?:????
    22) IF YOU COULD HAVE A TRAIL THEME SONG, WHAT WOULD IT BE: On the Road Again?
    “While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats.” Mark Twain

1) MY BEST TRAIL HORSE IS (BREED): QH
    2) MY BEST TRAIL HORSE’S NAME: Drifter
    3) WE USUALLY RIDE WITH: my hubby and friends/family
    4) OUR AVERAGE TRAIL RIDE LENGTH: Four days.
    5) FAVORITE TIME OF YEAR TO RIDE: Spring and summer
    6) FAVORITE TRAIL: Spanish Peaks
    7) TACK BEFORE OR AFTER TRAILERING?: After
    8) HELMET ON OR OFF. Off
    9) ROUTINE BEFORE YOU LEAVE THE BARN: Load panniers, load dogs, load tack, load horses, check trailer lights, tires, ect, load people.
    10) ROUTINE WHEN YOU GET BACK TO THE TRAILER/BARN AFTER YOUR RIDE: Throw horses out of the trailer and into the pasture, throw crap out of the truck, hobble to house, go to bed.
    11) MY STANDARD ATTIRE FOR THE RIDE: jeans, boots, sleeveless shirt, wool sweater and slicker tied on behind the saddle
    12) MY HORSE’S STANDARD ATTIRE FOR THE RIDE: Western saddle, breastcollar, rope halter tied on saddle for breaks
    13) THE LAST TIME I WENT OUT ON TRAIL EARLY IN THE MORNING, BEFORE I LEFT THE HOUSE I…made breakfast for hubby, took a shower and hopped in the truck b/c he had everything else done.
    14) DO YOU RIDE IN THE RAIN, SNOW OR OTHER INCLEMENT WEATHER? Yep
    15) MAKE-UP ON TRAIL, YES OR NO? Not on a pack trip, sometimes on a day ride
    16) DO YOU WORK WITH A TRAINER? nope
    17) ASIDE FROM TRAIL/ENDURANCE RIDING, DO YOU AND YOUR HORSE PARTICIPATE IN ANY OTHER DISCIPLINES? Nope
    18) AVERAGE WEEKLY RING/ARENA TIME? none
    19) DO YOU RIDE THROUGH THE WINTER? Sometimes
    20) THE SCARIEST THING YOU OR YOUR HORSE HAS EVER ENCOUNTERED ON TRAIL: to me, a grizzly, to the horses, a llama
    21) HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU COME OFF ON TRAIL?: not many, don't jinx me
    22) IF YOU COULD HAVE A TRAIL THEME SONG, WHAT WOULD IT BE: Don't wanna go to rehab, I say no, no no... LOL Hmm, I don't know, have to think on that one... we do have a few songs that we sing but they're original lyrics and you really don't want to hear them.

1) MY BEST TRAIL HORSE IS (BREED): Arabian, and my Appendix - both are fab
    2) MY BEST TRAIL HORSE’S NAME: Padrona, and China Doll
    3) WE USUALLY RIDE WITH: A close friend who lives 12 miles away
    4) OUR AVERAGE TRAIL RIDE LENGTH:4-6 hours
    5) FAVORITE TIME OF YEAR TO RIDE: Fall, Spring, Winter
    6) FAVORITE TRAIL: Underdown, Merrill WI
    7) TACK BEFORE OR AFTER TRAILERING?: Usually at the trail head
    8) HELMET ON OR OFF (no lectures, please!): Always on
    9) ROUTINE BEFORE YOU LEAVE THE BARN: Go pee, put dogs in the house, load trailer and truck, lock remaining horse(s) in the barn
    10) ROUTINE WHEN YOU GET BACK TO THE TRAILER/BARN AFTER YOUR RIDE: Unload, eat, pee, let dogs out, clean out trailer, etc. then crash on couch!
    11) MY STANDARD ATTIRE FOR THE RIDE: Dpends on the weather
    12) MY HORSE’S STANDARD ATTIRE FOR THE RIDE: Used to be Abetta saddle, now treeless saddle, bridle, and breastplate, hoof boots
    13) THE LAST TIME I WENT OUT ON TRAIL EARLY IN THE MORNING, BEFORE I LEFT THE HOUSE I....locked dogs in, ate, peed, drank
    14) DO YOU RIDE IN THE RAIN, SNOW OR OTHER INCLEMENT WEATHER? Absolutely! If I didn't ride in inclement weather, I'd never ride.
    15) MAKE-UP ON TRAIL, YES OR NO? Yes, absolutely. I never go anywhere without the full face on.
    16) DO YOU WORK WITH A TRAINER? No.
    17) ASIDE FROM TRAIL/ENDURANCE RIDING, DO YOU AND YOUR HORSE PARTICIPATE IN ANY OTHER DISCIPLINES? Do some jumping for fun, some halter shows.
    18) AVERAGE WEEKLY RING/ARENA TIME? In the winter, a few hours a week. In the warm months, pretty much none.
    19) DO YOU RIDE THROUGH THE WINTER? Absolutely!
    20) THE SCARIEST THING YOU OR YOUR HORSE HAS EVER ENCOUNTERED ON TRAIL: A black bear.
    21) HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU COME OFF ON TRAIL?: Only twice.
    22) IF YOU COULD HAVE A TRAIL THEME SONG, WHAT WOULD IT BE: Super Freak (Rick James), or Witchy Woman (Eagles)

Quote Originally Posted by cowboymom View Post
    OUR AVERAGE TRAIL RIDE LENGTH: Four days.
    Holy Cow ! I want to ride with you, cowboymom!

Not sure I would survive though!

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." - Confucious
    <>< I.I.

1) MY BEST TRAIL HORSE IS (BREED): Arab
    2) MY BEST TRAIL HORSE’S NAME: Dazzle (aka--Seabiscuit)
    3) WE USUALLY RIDE WITH: My best friend who keeps her horses with me.
    4) OUR AVERAGE TRAIL RIDE LENGTH:4-6 hours
    5) FAVORITE TIME OF YEAR TO RIDE: Fall, Spring, Summer
    6) FAVORITE TRAIL: Fair Hill, MD
    7) TACK BEFORE OR AFTER TRAILERING?: Usually at the trail head, sometimes before
    8) HELMET ON OR OFF (no lectures, please!): Always on
    9) ROUTINE BEFORE YOU LEAVE THE BARN: Feed remaining horse, double check I have my stuff I need, if I'm organized, make dinner in crockpot.
    10) ROUTINE WHEN YOU GET BACK TO THE TRAILER/BARN AFTER YOUR RIDE: Throw horse in field, unload, eat, crash.
    11) MY STANDARD ATTIRE FOR THE RIDE: riding tights, layers of stuff.
    12) MY HORSE’S STANDARD ATTIRE FOR THE RIDE: Suede western saddle until he's quieter, then back to Stubben saddle.
    13) THE LAST TIME I WENT OUT ON TRAIL EARLY IN THE MORNING, BEFORE I LEFT THE HOUSE I....fed the other horses and dog, then rode.
    14) DO YOU RIDE IN THE RAIN, SNOW OR OTHER INCLEMENT WEATHER? We always say we will, but really we don't.
    15) MAKE-UP ON TRAIL, YES OR NO? Never, someone has to scare off the bad guys out there.
    16) DO YOU WORK WITH A TRAINER? Yes
    17) ASIDE FROM TRAIL/ENDURANCE RIDING, DO YOU AND YOUR HORSE PARTICIPATE IN ANY OTHER DISCIPLINES? No
    18) AVERAGE WEEKLY RING/ARENA TIME? 2-3 hours a week
    19) DO YOU RIDE THROUGH THE WINTER? I always say I will, but don't. This year, I'm taking off for leg pain and therapy.
    20) THE SCARIEST THING YOU OR YOUR HORSE HAS EVER ENCOUNTERED ON TRAIL: Bike riders, motorbikers.
    21) HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU COME OFF ON TRAIL?: Only twice.
    22) IF YOU COULD HAVE A TRAIL THEME SONG, WHAT WOULD IT BE: Bridge over Troubled Waters (Simon and Garfunkle)

1) MY BEST TRAIL HORSE IS (BREED): Arabian -- but only because he's my only trained horse. He'll have some serious competition when I get my Barbs under saddle!
    2) MY BEST TRAIL HORSE’S NAME: Aaruba
    3) WE USUALLY RIDE WITH: each other.
    4) OUR AVERAGE TRAIL RIDE LENGTH: 2-3 hours, unless we're doing a speed or hill workout
    5) FAVORITE TIME OF YEAR TO RIDE: Summer evenings
    6) FAVORITE TRAIL: Boise foothills
    8) HELMET ON OR OFF (no lectures, please!): On -- he's a greenie, and I'd wear it even if he wasn't.
    9) ROUTINE BEFORE YOU LEAVE THE BARN: Go pee.
    10) ROUTINE WHEN YOU GET BACK TO THE TRAILER/BARN AFTER YOUR RIDE: Go pee again.
    11) MY STANDARD ATTIRE FOR THE RIDE: Full-butted undies , tights or jeans, windproof fleece, helmet, gloves.
    12) MY HORSE’S STANDARD ATTIRE FOR THE RIDE: Stonewall endurance saddle with red 5-Star wool pad, breastcollar, red nylon bridle with full cheek snaffle and red rope reins. And a rope halter and lead, just in case.
    13) THE LAST TIME I WENT OUT ON TRAIL EARLY IN THE MORNING, BEFORE I LEFT THE HOUSE I…went pee.
    14) DO YOU RIDE IN THE RAIN, SNOW OR OTHER INCLEMENT WEATHER? Yes, as long as the pony isn't too hot from standing around too many days between rides. (If he's too hot, I need to be able to lunge him first, and inclement weather generally means I can't do so safely.
    15) MAKE-UP ON TRAIL, YES OR NO? Nah. Nobody cares.
    16) DO YOU WORK WITH A TRAINER? Nope.
    17) ASIDE FROM TRAIL/ENDURANCE RIDING, DO YOU AND YOUR HORSE PARTICIPATE IN ANY OTHER DISCIPLINES? No, but I'd like to have more dressage training someday, just to improve my riding.
    18) AVERAGE WEEKLY RING/ARENA TIME? I don't have the facilities, so we do "ring work" on the trail.
    19) DO YOU RIDE THROUGH THE WINTER? As much as possible. See "inclement weather" above. Usually only 2-3 times per week due to darkness and strong winds.
    20) THE SCARIEST THING YOU OR YOUR HORSE HAS EVER ENCOUNTERED ON TRAIL: Black cows.
    21) HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU COME OFF ON TRAIL?: I can remember 5 times -- none off this horse, though *knock on wood*
    22) IF YOU COULD HAVE A TRAIL THEME SONG, WHAT WOULD IT BE: Today, I sang Jingle Bells to the rhythm of a brisk posting trot. Normally, it would be "I'm in a hurry and don't know why."
    Training and campaigning Barb endurance horses at The Barb Wire.

1) MY BEST TRAIL HORSE IS (BREED): American Saddlebred and or a Ky Mountain Horse

2) MY BEST TRAIL HORSE’S NAME: Class and Tuckey

3) WE USUALLY RIDE WITH: My 9 yo son on my ASB, my Fiance on his TWH and my neice on her Mustang

4) OUR AVERAGE TRAIL RIDE LENGTH: 4-6 hours

5) FAVORITE TIME OF YEAR TO RIDE: fall/early winter.

6) FAVORITE TRAIL: Wranglers Campground LBL, Ky

7) TACK BEFORE OR AFTER TRAILERING?: After. Tack is too expensive and I want my horses as comfortable as possible!

8) HELMET ON OR OFF (no lectures, please!): On for me and any one else riding with me who is under 18.

9) ROUTINE BEFORE YOU LEAVE THE BARN: Hook up trailer, Load supplies (drinks, water for horses, snacks and forage), load horses

10) ROUTINE WHEN YOU GET BACK TO THE TRAILER/BARN AFTER YOUR RIDE: Tie to the trailer. Take off bridles so they can eat from the hau nets. Offer water. Untack, brush. Offer more water. Load up to go home.

11) MY STANDARD ATTIRE FOR THE RIDE: jeans, helmet and boots.

12) MY HORSE’S STANDARD ATTIRE FOR THE RIDE: Western saddle, rope halter, bridle, breats collar. Horn/saddle bags

13) THE LAST TIME I WENT OUT ON TRAIL EARLY IN THE MORNING, BEFORE I LEFT THE HOUSE I... did what I normally do. See 9)

14) DO YOU RIDE IN THE RAIN, SNOW OR OTHER INCLEMENT WEATHER? Sometimes. Probably will tommarrow

15) MAKE-UP ON TRAIL, YES OR NO? I always wear eye liner, regardless. I look sick without it. Other then that, no.

16) DO YOU WORK WITH A TRAINER? no

17) ASIDE FROM TRAIL/ENDURANCE RIDING, DO YOU AND YOUR HORSE PARTICIPATE IN ANY OTHER DISCIPLINES? yes, dressage and jumping. Just not lately.

18) AVERAGE WEEKLY RING/ARENA TIME? Any more, mostly just trail work

19) DO YOU RIDE THROUGH THE WINTER? yes

20) THE SCARIEST THING YOU OR YOUR HORSE HAS EVER ENCOUNTERED ON TRAIL: Something angrily growling in the woods at night!

21) HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU COME OFF ON TRAIL?: 0, I think??? Unless you count when I was a kid....

22) IF YOU COULD HAVE A TRAIL THEME SONG, WHAT WOULD IT BE? Can't think of one right now.
    http://community.webshots.com/user/snafflebitz

"My Saddlebred can do anything your horse can do" Clique

1) MY BEST TRAIL HORSE IS (BREED): QH/Paint cross

2) MY BEST TRAIL HORSE’S NAME: A Joyous Occasion (Joy)

3) WE USUALLY RIDE WITH: Either with my mom.. or by myself.

4) OUR AVERAGE TRAIL RIDE LENGTH: 1 hour. I'm a lightweight, I know.

5) FAVORITE TIME OF YEAR TO RIDE: Early fall. Windy and cool, horsie feeling goooooood!

6) FAVORITE TRAIL: Anything with some nice long stretches to let her out and gogogo.

7) TACK BEFORE OR AFTER TRAILERING?: I don't have a trailer, so any rides are on the property.

8) HELMET ON OR OFF (no lectures, please!): Always on.

9) ROUTINE BEFORE YOU LEAVE THE BARN: Bring horse in from pasture, groom, put on boots/wraps, tack up, mount, ride to trail.

10) ROUTINE WHEN YOU GET BACK TO THE TRAILER/BARN AFTER YOUR RIDE: Dismount, loosen girth and run up stirrups, praise lots for good ride, untack, remove boots/wraps, groom or hose off, allow horse to roll in arena, give horse a handful of sweet feed and their supplements, turn back out in pasture.

11) MY STANDARD ATTIRE FOR THE RIDE: Jeans, half-chaps, paddock boots, sweatshirt or light windbreaker. Never gloves. Hate 'em.

12) MY HORSE’S STANDARD ATTIRE FOR THE RIDE: A/P synthetic saddle (hope to be using Aussie soon, after we confirm the fit!), bridle with snaffle, occasionally saddle bags.

13) THE LAST TIME I WENT OUT ON TRAIL EARLY IN THE MORNING, BEFORE I LEFT THE HOUSE I… I don't do trails in the mornings.

14) DO YOU RIDE IN THE RAIN, SNOW OR OTHER INCLEMENT WEATHER? Occasionally in the snow, if I can walk the trail beforehand. We get lots of ice here, which is hidden under the snow. I don't like to ride in the rain, neither does my horse.

15) MAKE-UP ON TRAIL, YES OR NO? No.

16) DO YOU WORK WITH A TRAINER? Just started working with one.

17) ASIDE FROM TRAIL/ENDURANCE RIDING, DO YOU AND YOUR HORSE PARTICIPATE IN ANY OTHER DISCIPLINES? We do a little bit of everything. WP, HUS, jumping.. we're gonna do a mini CC course this summer! Weeee!

18) AVERAGE WEEKLY RING/ARENA TIME? 3 hours or so? In the summer, more like 5 hours.

19) DO YOU RIDE THROUGH THE WINTER? Yes, but in an indoor arena.

20) THE SCARIEST THING YOU OR YOUR HORSE HAS EVER ENCOUNTERED ON TRAIL: A herd of screaming children all running towards us.

21) HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU COME OFF ON TRAIL?: Only a few times. I will get off and walk the horse before I get into that situation.

22) IF YOU COULD HAVE A TRAIL THEME SONG, WHAT WOULD IT BE: ..I have no clue.
    Tell a Gelding. Ask a Stallion. Discuss it with a Mare... Pray if it's a Pony!

1) MY BEST TRAIL HORSE IS (BREED): Arabian and Anglo Arab

2) MY BEST TRAIL HORSE’S NAME: Um... Sugar (registered name is even more embarrassing!) and Pasha Astra

3) WE USUALLY RIDE WITH: Mom or by self, Sugar prefers by self, Pasha prefers with Mom

4) OUR AVERAGE TRAIL RIDE LENGTH: Gosh, I hate to sound wimpy. I'm an endurance rider, but I rarely condition more than 1-2 hours, though we cover alot of ground in that time.

5) FAVORITE TIME OF YEAR TO RIDE: Fall, horse usually fit and nutty, ( I like them very frisky )

6) FAVORITE TRAIL: Dont' really have one. Sugar's favorite is the long clover field where she sometimes gets to run flat out. Pasha hasn't told me.

8) HELMET ON OR OFF (no lectures, please!): Always on.

9) ROUTINE BEFORE YOU LEAVE THE BARN: Bring horse in from pasture, groom, tack up, mount, ride

10) ROUTINE WHEN YOU GET BACK TO THE TRAILER/BARN AFTER YOUR RIDE: Dismount, untack, remove boots/wraps, groom or hose off, give treat (carrots, apples) for a good ride, turn back out in pasture.

11) MY STANDARD ATTIRE FOR THE RIDE: Depends... any serious conditioning I wear riding tights, other wise, just about anything.

12) MY HORSE’S STANDARD ATTIRE FOR THE RIDE: Bareback (only on Sugar), or saddle, bridle, breast strap, running martingale, and crupper (in Sugar's case).

13) THE LAST TIME I WENT OUT ON TRAIL EARLY IN THE MORNING, BEFORE I LEFT THE HOUSE. Um... got dressed, had a cup of coffee, headed out (But I only very rarely go out before breakfast)

14) DO YOU RIDE IN THE RAIN, SNOW OR OTHER INCLEMENT WEATHER? Sure do. You name it, I've ridden in it.

15) MAKE-UP ON TRAIL, YES OR NO? Nope, horse doesn' care, and almost everybody I meet at rides looks equally grungy

16) DO YOU WORK WITH A TRAINER? No

17) ASIDE FROM TRAIL/ENDURANCE RIDING, DO YOU AND YOUR HORSE PARTICIPATE IN ANY OTHER DISCIPLINES? No

18) AVERAGE WEEKLY RING/ARENA TIME? Arena? What's an arena?

19) DO YOU RIDE THROUGH THE WINTER? Uh... not in Wisconsin, I'll ride when the snows not too deep to get through, and when it's not below ten degrees.

20) THE SCARIEST THING YOU OR YOUR HORSE HAS EVER ENCOUNTERED ON TRAIL: In Pasha's case, molehills, strange patches of dirt, freaky looking rocks..... Sugar... I'll have to think on that

21) HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU COME OFF ON TRAIL?: On Sugar, only a couple of times. On Pasha, more times.

22) IF YOU COULD HAVE A TRAIL THEME SONG, WHAT WOULD IT BE: Um... I'll think on this one too

1) MY BEST TRAIL HORSE IS (BREED): TB
    2) MY BEST TRAIL HORSE’S NAME: HRH Avery
    3) WE USUALLY RIDE WITH: Usually alone, sometimes w/ fellow boarders
    4) OUR AVERAGE TRAIL RIDE LENGTH: 45 mins
    5) FAVORITE TIME OF YEAR TO RIDE: Late fall/early winter or early spring
    6) FAVORITE TRAIL: Depends whether you are asking me, or HRH. HRH prefers to hack out on the roads; I prefer the woods.
    7) TACK BEFORE OR AFTER TRAILERING?: After always
    8) HELMET ON OR OFF (no lectures, please!): On- Always!
    9) ROUTINE BEFORE YOU LEAVE THE BARN: Got helmet? Got cell phone? Got crop? Girth tight? Now where the HECK did my mounting block get kidnapped to THIS time??
    10) ROUTINE WHEN YOU GET BACK TO THE TRAILER/BARN AFTER YOUR RIDE: Dismount at the front gate; deliver cookie and hug; lead in, untack, groom, more cookies, turn out.
    11) MY STANDARD ATTIRE FOR THE RIDE: Schooling tights, paddocks, half chaps, turtleneck or sweater or orange hunter vest depending on weather & when/where we're going
    12) MY HORSE’S STANDARD ATTIRE FOR THE RIDE: CC saddle with riser pad, leather girth w/ fleece cover, SMBs, Pelham bridle or bitless bridle depending on what the plan is. If plan involves a voluntary dismount and hand-grazing, then bitless.
    13) THE LAST TIME I WENT OUT ON TRAIL EARLY IN THE MORNING, BEFORE I LEFT THE HOUSE I...made coffee!
    14) DO YOU RIDE IN THE RAIN, SNOW OR OTHER INCLEMENT WEATHER? Not any more; Avery's too arthritic and so am I, for that matter. Did it all the time when I was young and intrepid though!
    15) MAKE-UP ON TRAIL, YES OR NO? Never.
    17) ASIDE FROM TRAIL/ENDURANCE RIDING, DO YOU AND YOUR HORSE PARTICIPATE IN ANY OTHER DISCIPLINES? Carriage driving
    18) AVERAGE WEEKLY RING/ARENA TIME? None - Avery has retired from all that. We just hack around.
    19) DO YOU RIDE THROUGH THE WINTER? Yup. He's anhydrotic so we skip late summer instead.
    20) THE SCARIEST THING YOU OR YOUR HORSE HAS EVER ENCOUNTERED ON TRAIL: HRH Avery needs to wear a warning sign that says "I spook at churches!"
    21) HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU COME OFF ON TRAIL?: Twice, if we're talking off of HRH Avery. If we're not, then countless.
    22) IF YOU COULD HAVE A TRAIL THEME SONG, WHAT WOULD IT BE: We trot along to "Food, Glorious Food" right now, since the main aim of our trail rides at the moment is to find him grass to eat.
    "The standard you walk by is the standard you accept."--Lt. Gen. David Morrison, Austalian Army Chief

Default Ride

A Trail/Endurance Rider's THIS IS ME...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) MY BEST TRAIL HORSE IS (BREED): Tb -App.
    2) MY BEST TRAIL HORSE’S NAME: Kayla
    3) WE USUALLY RIDE WITH: Myself or my dauter she went to school.
    5) FAVORITE TIME OF YEAR TO RIDE: Late fall/early winter (I like it cold!).
    6) FAVORITE TRAIL: Fairhill Md
    7) TACK BEFORE OR AFTER TRAILERING?: Usually before.
    8) HELMET ON OR OFF (no lectures, please!): On --Always.
    9) ROUTINE BEFORE YOU LEAVE THE BARN: Feed all 20 and do stalls.
    10)ROUTINE WHEN YOU GET BACK TO THE TRAILER/BARN AFTER YOUR RIDE: We usually dismount about 1/8 mile from the trailer and walk the last bit.then .Curry or wash down.

11) MY STANDARD ATTIRE FOR THE RIDE: Uually I ride in jeans, paddock boots and chaps.
    12) MY HORSE’S STANDARD ATTIRE FOR THE RIDE: English saddle, bittless bridle and breast plate.
    13) THE LAST TIME I WENT OUT ON TRAIL EARLY IN THE MORNING, BEFORE I LEFT THE HOUSE Brushed my teath then hit the road.
    14) DO YOU RIDE IN THE RAIN, SNOW OR OTHER INCLEMENT WEATHER Ys
    15) MAKE-UP ON TRAIL, YES OR NO? No.well chap stick.
    16) DO YOU WORK WITH A TRAINER? No no $
    18) AVERAGE WEEKLY RING/ARENA TIME? About an hour a week.
    19) DO YOU RIDE THROUGH THE WINTER? Absolutely.
    20) THE SCARIEST THING YOU OR YOUR HORSE HAS EVER ENCOUNTERED ON TRAIL: Tree stump.
    21) HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU COME OFF ON TRAIL?: Only 1 time.
    22) IF YOU COULD HAVE A TRAIL THEME SONG, WHAT WOULD IT BE: Witchy woman because the Mare does not like others near her.

1) MY BEST TRAIL HORSE IS (BREED): Freisian X mare and Connemara mare
    2) MY BEST TRAIL HORSE’S NAME: Freyda and Rylee
    3) WE USUALLY RIDE WITH: Sometimes neighbors, but usually by ourselves as we are faster than the Haflingers and most everyone else in the neighborhood. I try to maintain at least a 6 KPH walk and a 13 to 14 KPH trot. I also do walk trot sets. We all have carriage driving horses
    4) OUR AVERAGE TRAIL RIDE LENGTH: 1-3 hours.
    5) FAVORITE TIME OF YEAR TO RIDE: All year except summer (I live in Florida)
    6) FAVORITE TRAIL: Any of the trails in the Goethe Forest except they are too buggy in the summer. Then we usually stick to the dirt roads in our community.
    7) TACK BEFORE OR AFTER TRAILERING?: I can drive out of my barn aisle and go straight to the forest. It is only 2 K on dirt roads to get there.
    8) HELMET ON OR OFF (no lectures, please!): On, with a wide sun shade.
    9) ROUTINE BEFORE YOU LEAVE THE BARN: Crosstie horse or pony to harness and hook to carriage, make sure I have my cell phone with me, put on helmet and gloves and GPS Forerunner 201, make sure whip is on carriage, unhook horse from crosstie, climb in carriage, wait a few seconds and tell horse to walk on.
    10) ROUTINE WHEN YOU GET BACK TO THE TRAILER/BARN AFTER YOUR RIDE: Walk horse into barn, unhook carriage, take harness and hang to hose off, move horse to crosstie to wash. Let her stand tied in crosstie to dry, while I go in house to get a drink and check my computer.
    11) MY STANDARD ATTIRE FOR THE RIDE: Jeans
    12) MY HORSE’S STANDARD ATTIRE FOR THE RIDE: Usual beta harness
    13) THE LAST TIME I WENT OUT ON TRAIL EARLY IN THE MORNING, BEFORE I LEFT THE HOUSE I went out earlier to feed then came in and did coffee and breakfast. I do not usually get out before 9, even in the summer…
    14) DO YOU RIDE IN THE RAIN, SNOW OR OTHER INCLEMENT WEATHER? No snow, obviously. Will drive in the rain if there is no thunder and lightning.
    15) MAKE-UP ON TRAIL, YES OR NO? No
    16) DO YOU WORK WITH A TRAINER? Yes
    17) ASIDE FROM TRAIL/ENDURANCE RIDING, DO YOU AND YOUR HORSE PARTICIPATE IN ANY OTHER DISCIPLINES? I am a CDE competitor.
    18) AVERAGE WEEKLY RING/ARENA TIME? I work on dressage several times a week.
    19) DO YOU RIDE THROUGH THE WINTER? That is the best time here
    20) THE SCARIEST THING YOU OR YOUR HORSE HAS EVER ENCOUNTERED ON TRAIL: Armadillo, wild pigs, deer, snake and a friend ran over an alligator in the mud several years ago. I keep looking for one, but no luck yet.
    21) HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU COME OFF ON TRAIL?: Never
    22) IF YOU COULD HAVE A TRAIL THEME SONG, WHAT WOULD IT BE: "On Top of Old Smokey". I am not musical and this is the only song I remember some of the lyrics to and the only one I will sometimes sing if I am sure noone is around to listen.

1) MY BEST TRAIL HORSE IS (BREED):QH but I'm cooking up to top flight TWHs, baby!
    2) MY BEST TRAIL HORSE’S NAME: Jake (QH) Maggie and Chippy are the Walkers
    3) WE USUALLY RIDE WITH: My husband, occasionally a friend or three, but NO big groups. Hate that. And our best pals in the universe every summer in MT
    4) OUR AVERAGE TRAIL RIDE LENGTH: 4-5 hours most times, plus that pesky pack trip.
    5) FAVORITE TIME OF YEAR TO RIDE: All year except summer (I live in AL)
    6) FAVORITE TRAIL: Coldwater in N FL because it's peaceful and easy. KC Ranch in N AL because it's tough, but it's home. Anywhere we can ride with Cowboymom, ok except for that one time...
    7) TACK BEFORE OR AFTER TRAILERING?: Depends but I go both ways.
    8) HELMET ON OR OFF (no lectures, please!): depends.
    9) ROUTINE BEFORE YOU LEAVE THE BARN: Saddle, load saddlebags, check for chapstick where the hell are my sunglasses? bandana? What about the dogs? go...
    10) ROUTINE WHEN YOU GET BACK TO THE TRAILER/BARN AFTER YOUR RIDE: strip horses, hose legs, drink beer, turnout.
    11) MY STANDARD ATTIRE FOR THE RIDE: Jeans and paddock boots, breeches in the summer. ballcap.
    12) MY HORSE’S STANDARD ATTIRE FOR THE RIDE: Rocking R saddle, Prof Choice Air Ride pad, Little S hackamore, and a kickass pr of saddlebads my friend DustyRider turned us on to...
    13) THE LAST TIME I WENT OUT ON TRAIL EARLY IN THE MORNING, BEFORE I LEFT THE HOUSE not usually the deal here...slow in the AMs
    14) DO YOU RIDE IN THE RAIN, SNOW OR OTHER INCLEMENT WEATHER? Rain is fine but here that usually means lightning, too. We don't get snow hardly.
    15) MAKE-UP ON TRAIL, YES OR NO? nah unless it's left over from work.
    16) DO YOU WORK WITH A TRAINER? nope but I like to hit a clinic a year or so.
    17) ASIDE FROM TRAIL/ENDURANCE RIDING, DO YOU AND YOUR HORSE PARTICIPATE IN ANY OTHER DISCIPLINES? nope other than they help me teach beginners.
    18) AVERAGE WEEKLY RING/ARENA TIME? 3-4 hours probably
    19) DO YOU RIDE THROUGH THE WINTER? That is the best time here
    20) THE SCARIEST THING YOU OR YOUR HORSE HAS EVER ENCOUNTERED ON TRAIL: a bunch of shiny, holiday themed balloons tangled in a tree deep in the forest. One was Frosty the Snowman. Chippy could NOT figure out what that headless critter was. His heart was visibly pounding. Poor guy!
    21) HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU COME OFF ON TRAIL?: 2 out of 3 years in MT, other than that it's been years, LOL.
    22) IF YOU COULD HAVE A TRAIL THEME SONG, WHAT WOULD IT BE: they wanted me to go to rehab, I said no no no...or ..."If I was an itty bitty critter, living here among the leaf litter, what a happy lil critter I'd be...

1) MY BEST TRAIL HORSE IS (BREED): Ayrab

2) MY BEST TRAIL HORSE’S NAME: "Jazz"

3) WE USUALLY RIDE WITH: just us generally

4) OUR AVERAGE TRAIL RIDE LENGTH: 2-5 hrs

5) FAVORITE TIME OF YEAR TO RIDE: autumn

6) FAVORITE TRAIL: Shenandoah Natl Park/Graves Mt trails in VA-spectacular scenery

7) HELMET ON OR OFF (no lectures, please!):always on

8) MY STANDARD ATTIRE FOR THE RIDE: tank top, Tropical Rider riding tights, Ariat boots & Ariat half chaps

9) MY HORSE’S STANDARD ATTIRE FOR THE RIDE: Zilco endurance bridle, Sprenger english hackamore, Freeform Classic treeless saddle, HAF pad, MDC Ultimate stirrups

10) DO YOU RIDE IN THE RAIN, SNOW OR OTHER INCLEMENT WEATHER? sometimes

11) DO YOU WORK WITH A TRAINER? just started w/dressage instructor once wk.

12) DO YOU AND YOUR HORSE PARTICIPATE IN ANY OTHER DISCIPLINES? Only endurance now but would like to try fox hunting this winter.1

13) AVERAGE WEEKLY RING/ARENA TIME? 45 min.

14) DO YOU RIDE THROUGH THE WINTER? of course, who doesn't

15) IF YOU COULD HAVE A TRAIL THEME SONG, WHAT WOULD IT BE: "Fly Away" by Lenny Kravitz

[QUOTE=jazzrider;2869194]1) MY BEST TRAIL HORSE IS (BREED): TWH/ASB
    2) MY BEST TRAIL HORSE’S NAME: Candy, Legacy
    3) WE USUALLY RIDE WITH: myself or my hubby and his TWH.
    5) FAVORITE TIME OF YEAR TO RIDE: fall
    6) FAVORITE TRAIL: Silver Creek
    7) TACK BEFORE OR AFTER TRAILERING?: after.
    8) HELMET ON OR OFF (no lectures, please!): On, my mare can be a bit high-strung, my ASB gelding is a mellow guy, but you never know.
    9) ROUTINE BEFORE YOU LEAVE THE BARN: trailer hook-up, check lights and hitch, make sure all tack is packed, and supplies for sustenance.
    10) ROUTINE WHEN YOU GET BACK TO THE TRAILER/BARN AFTER YOUR RIDE: take off bridle, replace with halter, loosen girth if we are going to ride later, if not, then take saddle off, water horses, rub them down, clean feet, give them hay, and then crack open a bottled water and some human snacks.
    11) MY STANDARD ATTIRE FOR THE RIDE: riding tights, big floppy shirt or sweatshirt, paddock boots, gloves if cold enough.
    12) MY HORSE’S STANDARD ATTIRE FOR THE RIDE: Heather Moffit fhoenix dressage, Stubben bridle with a french link D. If riding mare, I use a German martingale.
    13) THE LAST TIME I WENT OUT ON TRAIL EARLY IN THE MORNING, BEFORE I LEFT THE HOUSE I…Drank coffee, let dogs and cats out
    14) DO YOU RIDE IN THE RAIN, SNOW OR OTHER INCLEMENT WEATHER? No, I am a weather wimp, especially as I age.
    15) MAKE-UP ON TRAIL, YES OR NO? No
    16) DO YOU WORK WITH A TRAINER? Yes.
    17) ASIDE FROM TRAIL/ENDURANCE RIDING, DO YOU AND YOUR HORSE PARTICIPATE IN ANY OTHER DISCIPLINES? Yes, gaited dressage and saddle seat rail classes, although, I ride in a dressage saddle and not a cutback. Hasn't seemed to be that big of a deal with the judges though, she moves much better in the dressage.
    18) AVERAGE WEEKLY RING/ARENA TIME? a couple of hours, enough to stay sharp and learn some new skills, not enough to be boring.
    19) DO YOU RIDE THROUGH THE WINTER? Depends on how cold it is. I am NOT a big fan of freezing temps
    20) THE SCARIEST THING YOU OR YOUR HORSE HAS EVER ENCOUNTERED ON TRAIL: turkeys, and a man on foot that gave me the creeps and sent red flags all over the place, thank God my dog was around.
    21) HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU COME OFF ON TRAIL?: Two, I have long legs and arms and have been able to hang on with the grace of God more times than I can count.
    22) IF YOU COULD HAVE A TRAIL THEME SONG, WHAT WOULD IT BE: Feelin' Groovy by Simon and Garfunkel

1) MY BEST TRAIL HORSE IS (BREED): Appaloosa
    2) MY BEST TRAIL HORSE’S NAME: (currently) Patti
    3) WE USUALLY RIDE WITH: Anyone who is willing
    4) OUR AVERAGE TRAIL RIDE LENGTH: 1-5 hours
    5) FAVORITE TIME OF YEAR TO RIDE: Spring / Fall
    6) FAVORITE TRAIL: Soooooo many. Probably Lake Oroville in California
    7) TACK BEFORE OR AFTER TRAILERING?: Always after. I've seen one horrific accident when a stirrup got caught on the trailer when horse was backing out.
    8) HELMET ON OR OFF (no lectures, please!): no helmet
    9) ROUTINE BEFORE YOU LEAVE THE BARN: Get everything in house ready(snacks, clothes etc.) Pack truck and trailer, hook up, load up.
    10) ROUTINE WHEN YOU GET BACK TO THE TRAILER/BARN AFTER YOUR RIDE: Untack and tie horses with hay bag while we sit and gab. (all horses are offered water). Load up and head home.
    11) MY STANDARD ATTIRE FOR THE RIDE: Jeans, Tee or Tank or Sweat shirt, lace up boots.
    12) MY HORSE’S STANDARD ATTIRE FOR THE RIDE: Bridle, pad, saddle, occaisionally splint boots.
    13) THE LAST TIME I WENT OUT ON TRAIL EARLY IN THE MORNING, BEFORE I LEFT THE HOUSE I…pee'd, pulled on jeans and a shirt and walked outside.
    14) DO YOU RIDE IN THE RAIN, SNOW OR OTHER INCLEMENT WEATHER? Nope. I'm a wuss. That's why I now live in Florida instead of Michigan or California.
    15) MAKE-UP ON TRAIL, YES OR NO? Just depends on who, what and where.
    16) DO YOU WORK WITH A TRAINER? Some of my young horses go to trainers to get started.
    17) ASIDE FROM TRAIL/ENDURANCE RIDING, DO YOU AND YOUR HORSE PARTICIPATE IN ANY OTHER DISCIPLINES? Barrel racing, reining, cutting, workingcow horse.
    18) AVERAGE WEEKLY RING/ARENA TIME? 2-3 hours total.
    19) DO YOU RIDE THROUGH THE WINTER? Without a doubt, best weather here. 75-80 degrees.
    20) THE SCARIEST THING YOU OR YOUR HORSE HAS EVER ENCOUNTERED ON TRAIL: We got stuck in a bog a few weeks ago. I thought I had killed my horse.
    21) HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU COME OFF ON TRAIL?: only a handful over the years.
    22) IF YOU COULD HAVE A TRAIL THEME SONG, WHAT WOULD IT BE: Kidd Rock - I'm a cow-boy baby!

1) MY BEST TRAIL HORSE IS (BREED): Appaloosa
    2) MY BEST TRAIL HORSE’S NAME: (currently) Cadet
    3) WE USUALLY RIDE WITH: Anyone who is willing
    4) OUR AVERAGE TRAIL RIDE LENGTH: 1-2 hours
    5) FAVORITE TIME OF YEAR TO RIDE: Fall
    6) FAVORITE TRAIL: The "duck pond" trail (called such since it has a pond with a decoy duck in it) in Montgomery County, MD
    7) TACK BEFORE OR AFTER TRAILERING?: I don;t have a trailer- if we go, tack goes on after.
    8) HELMET ON OR OFF (no lectures, please!): helmet (duh!(
    9) ROUTINE BEFORE YOU LEAVE THE BARN: groom, tack up and ride.
    10) ROUTINE WHEN YOU GET BACK TO THE TRAILER/BARN AFTER YOUR RIDE: Untack, groom, hand graze and clean up.
    11) MY STANDARD ATTIRE FOR THE RIDE: stretch pants, tall boots and T-shirt with layers when cold.
    12) MY HORSE’S STANDARD ATTIRE FOR THE RIDE: Bridle, pad, saddle, bell boots if we trot out.
    13) THE LAST TIME I WENT OUT ON TRAIL EARLY IN THE MORNING, BEFORE I LEFT THE HOUSE I…packed some treats for my boy.
    14) DO YOU RIDE IN THE RAIN, SNOW OR OTHER INCLEMENT WEATHER? Light rain- want to get a nice rain coat.
    15) MAKE-UP ON TRAIL, YES OR NO? Never
    16) DO YOU WORK WITH A TRAINER? for dressage.
    17) ASIDE FROM TRAIL/ENDURANCE RIDING, DO YOU AND YOUR HORSE PARTICIPATE IN ANY OTHER DISCIPLINES? Barrel racing, reining, cutting, workingcow horse.
    18) AVERAGE WEEKLY RING/ARENA TIME? 4-5 hours total.
    19) DO YOU RIDE THROUGH THE WINTER? Yes- both indoors and out
    20) THE SCARIEST THING YOU OR YOUR HORSE HAS EVER ENCOUNTERED ON TRAIL: a Nun out praying (it was on a trail near where they had an abbey)
    21) HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU COME OFF ON TRAIL?: gosh yes- even trasported in an ambulance once when I tore something and could not stand/walk.
    22) IF YOU COULD HAVE A TRAIL THEME SONG, WHAT WOULD IT BE: Rawhide!

1) MY BEST TRAIL HORSE IS (BREED): Clydesdale/Standardbred Cross.

2) MY BEST TRAIL HORSE’S NAME: Penny

3) WE USUALLY RIDE WITH: Me, myself and I.

4) OUR AVERAGE TRAIL RIDE LENGTH: 1 - 2 hours.

5) FAVORITE TIME OF YEAR TO RIDE: Spring/Fall

6) FAVORITE TRAIL: Only have one, so no choice - The Silver Comet Trail.

7) TACK BEFORE OR AFTER TRAILERING?: N/A no trailer -- If I did, though, probably after.

8) HELMET ON OR OFF: Always on!

9) ROUTINE BEFORE YOU LEAVE THE BARN: Leave note on white board with my route, put cell phone in arm band pouch, close gates.

10) ROUTINE WHEN YOU GET BACK TO THE TRAILER/BARN AFTER YOUR RIDE: Untack right away. Hose down if hot and Cooler on if it's cold & P's sweaty. If she's breathing steady, put her in a stall to munch hay while I put my stuff away and soak some beet pulp.
    11) MY STANDARD ATTIRE FOR THE RIDE: IRH Skull Cap w/Red Flame Helmet cover, T-shirt, racing tights, half-chaps, Ariat Terrain boots, gloves.

12) MY HORSE’S STANDARD ATTIRE FOR THE RIDE: Standard english tack. Quarter sheet if it's cold.

13) THE LAST TIME I WENT OUT ON TRAIL EARLY IN THE MORNING, BEFORE I LEFT THE HOUSE I…: Braided my hair up and went potty! (no loo at the barn)

14) DO YOU RIDE IN THE RAIN, SNOW OR OTHER INCLEMENT WEATHER? Not intentionally .

15) MAKE-UP ON TRAIL, YES OR NO? Heavens no.

17) ASIDE FROM TRAIL/ENDURANCE RIDING, DO YOU AND YOUR HORSE PARTICIPATE IN ANY OTHER DISCIPLINES? Nope.

18) AVERAGE WEEKLY RING/ARENA TIME? 30 minutes... if at all. We both hate it.

19) DO YOU RIDE THROUGH THE WINTER? Occasionally.

20) THE SCARIEST THING YOU OR YOUR HORSE HAS EVER ENCOUNTERED ON TRAIL: A kid on his bike that had streamers coming off the handle bars, a pinwheel stuck in his helmet and a baseball card whirring in the wheel spokes.

21) HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU COME OFF ON TRAIL?: Ahem...never. Oh geez, now I've done it!

22) IF YOU COULD HAVE A TRAIL THEME SONG, WHAT WOULD IT BE: Probably an old hymn....it's usually what I sing when we're riding along and it's all nice and quiet.
    Last edited by ChocoMare; Dec. 28, 2007 at 01:38 PM.
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- "When they try to tell you these are your Golden years, don't believe 'em.... It's rust."

1) MY BEST TRAIL HORSE IS (BREED): Arabian
    2) MY BEST TRAIL HORSE’S NAME: Lady Marion (a.k.a. Ladybug)
    3) WE USUALLY RIDE WITH: my hubby
    4) OUR AVERAGE TRAIL RIDE LENGTH: 15-22 miles (3-5 hours)
    5) FAVORITE TIME OF YEAR TO RIDE: Late fall/early early spring
    6) FAVORITE TRAIL: South Mountain State Park, NC
    7) TACK BEFORE OR AFTER TRAILERING?: After trailering
    8) HELMET ON OR OFF (no lectures, please!): Always On - landed on my head too many times to count!
    9) ROUTINE BEFORE YOU LEAVE THE BARN: Hook up trailer, walk down to get horses, chase horses for 10 minutes until they give in.
    10) ROUTINE WHEN YOU GET BACK TO THE TRAILER/BARN AFTER YOUR RIDE: Let horses roll in the sand in roundpen, brush and feed horses
    11) MY STANDARD ATTIRE FOR THE RIDE: Occasionally I wear breeches, halfchaps and riding tennis shoes.
    12) MY HORSE’S STANDARD ATTIRE FOR THE RIDE: Timberline flex panel saddle, biothane halter bridle and breatsplate.
    13) THE LAST TIME I WENT OUT ON TRAIL EARLY IN THE MORNING, BEFORE I LEFT THE HOUSE I went with my husband on a 15 mile trail ride with his brand new horse. The horse did awesome - plenty of energy at the end! Not bad for a former 4-H lesson horse.
    14) DO YOU RIDE IN THE RAIN, SNOW OR OTHER INCLEMENT WEATHER? Only at endurance competitions. Otherwise, I am a fair weather rider.
    15) MAKE-UP ON TRAIL, YES OR NO? Nah, why bother!
    16) DO YOU WORK WITH A TRAINER? No
    17) ASIDE FROM TRAIL/ENDURANCE RIDING, DO YOU AND YOUR HORSE PARTICIPATE IN ANY OTHER DISCIPLINES? Not really
    18) AVERAGE WEEKLY RING/ARENA TIME? Don't have a ring/arena.
    19) DO YOU RIDE THROUGH THE WINTER? I ride year around!
    20) THE SCARIEST THING YOU OR YOUR HORSE HAS EVER ENCOUNTERED ON TRAIL: One time I got caught between a black bear and her cub. VERY SCARY. Horse just froze until the cub crossed in front of us to return to its mama.
    21) HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU COME OFF ON TRAIL?: Too many times to count. Used to have a distance horse that dumped me at just about every competition.
    22) IF YOU COULD HAVE A TRAIL THEME SONG, WHAT WOULD IT BE: The Final Countdown.