The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Who's going to Nature Coast??

Jan Jan is going prelim, and it looks like I'm flying down to 'gator for her (and then spend a week in the sun and warmth afterwards!!)

So, who all is going to be there??

Good for JJ for going Pre-lim, she has done especially well. Another junior star rising.

IBF- I have sent in my entry in--will see. If all goes well, I will be there with Zanzer in Training Horse. We have a long way to go before we will be Prelim. Looking forward to meeting you,

Enjoy--it is averaging 80 degrees here in Daytona this week.

Sue

Jan Jan did great at Tampa Trials, and such a nice girl!. My daughter just adored her and she was so nice to take time to talk with her and take all the little drawings Sabrina had made for her!
    I'm going to send my enties in, not sure I'll get in.. Have dressage shows I
    *should* be going to but driving is just SOOOO much fun. If only my students would understand!
    Anyway, if I don't make it - hope everyone has a fun and safe time!!! If I do get to go - I look forward to seeing everyone!

Audrey--who will you be taking? A Hackney of course!!!!

Yeah the Hackney's of Course! I don't think my 16.2 Hanoverian would appreciate being "tied" to a metal thing and then asked to go quickly through anything other than a well groomed arena with perfect footing - He IS a Dressage KING afterall!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Feet View Post
    Yeah the Hackney's of Course! I don't think my 16.2 Hanoverian would appreciate being "tied" to a metal thing and then asked to go quickly through anything other than a well groomed arena with perfect footing - He IS a Dressage KING afterall!!!
    ??? Our Phoenix is 16.3 and was a real dressage star before we gelded him and started driving... and now he lets me know in no uncertain terms that he's a fancy DRIVING horse! Last time I tried to ride him was a hoot. I mounted and when I put my leg on he just turned his head back and looked at me with this very indignant look on his face You're big one just might surprise you.
    Pat Belskie - ASHEMONT Farm

http://www.ashemont.com
    Ashemont2@gmail.com

I know many of the top driving horses were dressage horses before starting thier driving career. It is probably the best way - great ridden dressage sure makes the driven much easier. I surely meant no insult to warmbloods that are fancy driving horses.
    Malso, however, wouldn't make a great driving horse. Yes, he could suprise me - but I'd put my money on ridden dressage. It's just his personality.

Well let the countdown begin!! I'm so excited!!

And windchills are supposed to be -13 degrees the day I fly out of Michigan...it sure will be rough leaving that

We have a huge cooldown coming our way. Down in the 60s, barely. The weather is supposed to be in the low 70s. Think you can handle that, IBF?

Quote Originally Posted by ironbessflint View Post
    Well let the countdown begin!! I'm so excited!!

And windchills are supposed to be -13 degrees the day I fly out of Michigan...it sure will be rough leaving that

Nope, will be rough having to go back LOL !!!

Good Luck everyone.

Default Volunteering

Hey guys,
    I've staked out my spot at the start of "E" again this year (start of the marathon). I'll be the pesky person who makes you wait 3 minutes before you go on course. Being a driving trial and not a CDE, it will be a little different as people won't be coming off the walk and trot parts of the course and the vet check hold over.

Please identify yourself as a COTH person, as I probably won't recognize your "real" name.

I'll probably have my little white tent and 15 layers of clothing to be prepared for the entire day out there.

Andrea

Quote Originally Posted by Dreag823 View Post
    Hey guys,
    I've staked out my spot at the start of "E" again this year (start of the marathon). I'll be the pesky person who makes you wait 3 minutes before you go on course. Being a driving trial and not a CDE, it will be a little different as people won't be coming off the walk and trot parts of the course and the vet check hold over.

Please identify yourself as a COTH person, as I probably won't recognize your "real" name.

I'll probably have my little white tent and 15 layers of clothing to be prepared for the entire day out there.

Andrea
    Aha, you are still alive!!! How is Luke? Do you do any driving anymore?

Looking forward to seeing you there!!!