The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Sound, Sane TB needs home in Washington State -- PHOTOS ADDED

Play the Tables is a 17 year old TB gelding who stands 16hh. He is dark bay with a small white star. He is sound and sane and safe, although he has not gotten much work for the past few years. He is a good jumper, dabbled in eventing and dressage, and a fairly easy keeper. He grows a good coat in winter. He has no vices, no issues, just wants a family who will appreciate him and give him a job! Perfect for the beginner, 4H, or someone wanting to get back into horses.

Play needs a new home, as his is being torn down next week... so please consider giving this lovely fellow a chance.

His current location is Sammamish, near Seattle.

This is really a sweet guy - please consider giving him a home.

I sent it to a friend, but he may be older than what she's looking for.

I have friends looking for something similar to him as well, but they are also looking for something younger. I hate how hard it is to find a sound, ridable, sane horse a home.

This guy has not had a very hard life... not been extensively shown or ridden, and certainly spent most of the last six years in a field enjoying his grass... so hopefully those joints still have lots of years in them.

His owner (not me) has sold their farm and it is being torn down next week. I told her I would post this here and see what we COTHers could do for her boy.

Hi. Is he still able to jump? If he does, I may have a good home available for him. Do you think he'd make a good lesson horse? A friend runs a hunter/jumper lesson barn and is always looking for prospects. He'd have a great home and only worked maybe 3 - 4 times a week. PM me if you have any questions or if you think this may work for this guy. Do you have any pics?
    Yogurt - If you're so cultured, how come I never see you at the opera? Steven Colbert

I sent you a PM. My friend is interested.

He did jump back in 2001 and 2002, when my friend and I were riding our guys out together. Since then I believe that he has done next to nothing, just sat at home on pasture board. He might take a few rides to get him to remember all of what he knows, but back then he was SAFE SAFE SAFE as a little hunter/jumper and dealt with our shenanegans.

Again, I am posting him here to try and get this guy a home for a friend, if you want check him out on Dreamhorse, listed under "Play". Ignore the price listed on the add, at this point all the owner wants is a good home for this guy.

There is a folder in my webshots labeled "Play the Tables". It includes photos of my horse and Play from 2003, the only digital photos I have of this guy.

The bay NOT wearing polos is Play. He has a crescent shaped star. The bay wearing white polos is mine, and not for giveaway. My horse is 16.1 1/2 for comparison on size.

Note -- the horses are hanging out while Play's owner and I set a jump course, which is why they are tacked up... our safety since then improved, I promise.

Default re: lovely horses

Where are you guys? Especially beautiful pictures of The Tower Farm. We may be moving to Washington State in a little over a year and nice to know it does something other than rain. Husband's family lives there, he lived there for a few years but we have always lived in Virginia or Maryland. I am excited.
    "When written in Chinese, the word "crisis" is composed of two characters, one represents danger, the other represents opportunity."

John F Kennedy

When can I come see him? He's lovely!
    Yogurt - If you're so cultured, how come I never see you at the opera? Steven Colbert

Mtn Trails, I sent you a PM.

Calamber - Tower Farm is located in the middle of the Sammamish Plateau. It is gorgeous and is a private facility that does not offer lessons to the public (bummer!). I kept my guy there for just over six years, until he retired into dressage with his co-owner on Whidbey. We were trying to be careful with his soundness and stopped jumping him over the bigger stuff to make sure he has a long, comfortable life.

I love the PNW... I went away to college in Western New York and then came back... and now I won't leave. There are so many great horse people out here and so many nice facilities. And summers are perfect, just warm enough and not rainy at all (even a bit droughtish)

Did you get my PM from yesterday? My friend is very interested. She tried to find him on Dreamhorse & couldn't.

I don't want to post her phone numbers here, that's what I send via PM.

*ETA - I found him & gave her his listing so she can call the owner direct. thanks.

Yep, I emailed the owner all of your friend's information... the owner was thrilled and said she will call your friend today, although it certainly doesn't hurt for your friend to call the owner either.

Wow, confusing sentence... and a run-on as well!

The gist: yes, PM forwarded!

Dreamhorse add # 1138096 - ignore the price, he is free to a good home.

Great horse - I hope he finds a good home!
    I had to post because I've always wondered what Tower Farm was like on the inside. I enjoyed watching that place be built until that grand fence blocked the view. What a gorgeous farm!

AND muffins from Costco - yumyumyum.

Ah hah! The infamous fence! The real reason it was built so big and so grand (besides pretension) is that if the city wants to expand Issaquah-Pine Lake Road into more lanes it will cost them so much to pay for that fence that they will give up! Hence, leaving the farm alone. No imminent domain there!

There is a photo in the "Roy" album that shows the lake side of the main house - gorgeous. And I believe that if you search google for "Tower Farm" you can see the main house on an architectural site.

Play is still available as of now...

Just bumping to the top... Play is still available.

Aww wish I weren't clear across the country, I'd take him!
    We couldn't all be cowboys, so some of us are clowns.

Still available...

Any chance you have better pics? Though... lovely bottom on him, lol
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity.