The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    gothedistance is offline AERC Decade Team - 2000-2010 Premium Member

Default .

Last edited by gothedistance; Jul. 22, 2008 at 07:33 AM.

What awful news! Can you please post funeral/memorial details when they are available? She was a great lady and will be sorely missed.

Wow...so sad to hear, but what a great run she had. She will definitely be missed. I think about my days with Mburg and OC beagles alot, and she was always such a class act, a real role model.
    "As a rule we disbelieve all the facts and theories for which we have no use."- William James
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Proud member of the Wheat Loss Clique.

What a woman and what a life. Condolences to her family & friends.

I suspect weekend hunting in Heaven will become better with her on staff.

I can't say it any better than SLW did...........ditto!

Condolances to her family and friends........what a classy lady she was!!
    www.flyingcolorsfarm.comHome of pinto stallion Claim to Fame and his homozygous son, Counterclaim. Friend us on Facebook!https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Fl...04678589573428

I just heard about this from a good friend of mine and the Fouts. I can truly say that I was always inspired by Eve's dedication, wit, and strength of charachter. She was truly a great leader in so many ways.

As my friend told me, Eve was out with the beagles just a week ago, doing what she loved most - sharing her love of hounds, hunting and the Virginia countryside with the next generation. For that we can be thankful and smile knowing she was enjoying herself almost up until the last.
    Last edited by eponacelt; Dec. 3, 2007 at 08:36 AM.

I am really sorry to hear this - great person, great supporter of hunting. :'(
    co-author of 101 Jumping Exercises & The Rider's Fitness Program; Soon to come: Dead Ringer - a tale of equine mystery and intrique! Former Moderator!

What an inspirational person she was to the hunting community. Mrs. Fout lived the life many of us can only dream of, and she lived it with style and class. She was an icon for so many traditions of the Virginia countryside...horses, hounds and hunting as well as land conservation.

What a lady.

She's actually not dead yet. They took her off life support earlier today, but as of 2 minutes ago we'd not gotten the direct report -- direct from family at the hospital -- that she is actually dead. Soon, not yet.
    I am doing her obituary for the newspaper -- err, a timing problem, as you can imagine. We're on top of it. Trust me.
    * www.huntersrest.net -- Virginia hunt country's best Bed-and-Breakfast-and-Barn.

Oh No! Not Mrs. Fout.....

Very sorry to hear. She was the only person ever to instantly know exactly what I meant when I blamed everything on Eisenhower ("Yes, and now they even want to widen Rt 50", she said without missing a beat)

I didn't know her very well, but I did get to ride with her once. She let me and my "unruly" horse hang by her coat tails his first time out with the beagles. I got the wonderful opportunity to have my horse next door and see her ride nearly everyday. She was such a wonderful person.
    Common sense is the least common thing in the world.

Pictures: http://community.webshots.com/album/62832282gErEqu

WA. The Evergreen State Where The Horses Are Forever Green

Unhappy

How sad, what a wonderful lady. I got to know Nina a little bit when she had her print and framing shop in Middleburg.

Unhappy Oh no!

Horrible news! My condolences to her family, friends and all who grieve her passing; there aren't many like her left
    breeder of Mercury!

remember to enjoy the moment, and take a moment to enjoy and give God the glory for these wonderful horses in our lives.BECAUSE: LIFE is What Happens While Making Other Plans

Exclamation Eve Prime Fout

I've never met Mrs. Fout but had the pleasure of watching her daughter Nina compete with "Three Magic Beans" at Rolex two times. She sounds like a wonderful lady and someone I would have enjoyed speaking with since horses and art are my passions. I came across this old article about her in VA Sportsman if anyone would like to read more about her life.

http://vasportsman.com/Eve_prime_Fout.pdf

I had my little attempt at foxhunting with her beagles. I particularly loved on Sunday when they had the juniors filling in as 'staff'. My horse didn't turn out to be too good at that, but I loved the opportunity.

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

Mrs. Fout was/is an icon in the Horse World. That she won the recent North American Field Hunter Championship shows just how special she was, along with her Pony Club and MOC Beagle work. There aren't many like her made. A real champion.

The Chronicle just published an obituary for Georgina Prime Davis, an early eventer. Were she and Mrs. Fout related?
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

Mrs. Fout died this morning (Wednesday) at the hospital, surrounded by her family.
    Full obituary online at www.fauquier.com and in Friday's Fauquier Weekend paper.
    Funeral details as soon as available.
    * www.huntersrest.net -- Virginia hunt country's best Bed-and-Breakfast-and-Barn.

Thank you for the update. My condolences to her family and friends.

Such sharpness for all who knew who her on her unexpected passing, adding my condolences.

I just have to believe Mrs. Fouts beloved Beagles are wiggling around her as she ascends the Green Pastures above.