The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Free Lease - 8 y.o. OTTB Gelding located in Georgia

Looking to free lease my S.O.'s 16.1 OTTB gelding so he can have more attention and scritches. Cessna is an 8 y.o. we got off the track 3 years ago and is pretty much been sitting in the pasture. He's sweet as can be and very curious.

Cessna hasn't been ridden much but can w/t/c with an experienced rider. He's got a beautiful trot and a nice canter as well. I'm not sure if he could take alot of pounding but I think he would make a nice pleasure horse at the minimum and possibly could do more. He has gone over a few crossrails nicely a few years ago.

Cessna is barefoot right now and he lives on air right now. He's inside at night right now to keep another horse company but he could live outside 24/7 with shelter. He's a great companion horse as well. I would really like for him to have more attention as I don't have time training my other 2 ottb's and my S.O. doesn't have time to spend with him.

Somehow I don't have many recent pictures of him but here is one of him a year or two ago with my S.O.

http://i12.tinypic.com/6q3j0ub.jpg

Please PM me for more details or I can take some pictures as well.
    Last edited by Green Acres; Nov. 27, 2007 at 02:57 PM.

Default Shamless Bump

This guy is still available if anyone is interested. I took some recent pictures of him yesterday and will post them later when I get home.

Default More Info

What else could you tell me about him. I have been riding for 13 years and trying to find a young horse to bring a long a little.

Where in GA are you?? Is it possible that he could be trained to do the hunters??

Please let me know
    "There's something about the outside of a horse that's good for the inside of a man."

Quote Originally Posted by DanceWithMe20 View Post
    What else could you tell me about him. I have been riding for 13 years and trying to find a young horse to bring a long a little.

Where in GA are you?? Is it possible that he could be trained to do the hunters??

Please let me know
    I am in Loganville, Ga. We ride hunters and that was the direction we were training Cessna. He does have hunter movement and is a flashy dark chestnut. We haven't jumped him more than a couple of crossrails so I don't know what his form is like. Cessna does need an experienced rider or trainer if he would be trained as a hunter. He is very green and essentially hasn't had any work in the last year.

My concern is if he would be sound enough to do the hunters. It's possible with shoes and joint supplements he would be sound but there are no quarantees. I would be happy to tell you more about him if you are still interested. Are you in Georgia?

Default Bumping this up....

as Cessna is still available and would love to have a person spend time with him.

OH, he is so nice...

How far is loganville from Augusta? Would mapquest it, but mapquest isn't coming up for me right now!

Have a couple of friends in the Thompson/ Augusta area that may be a match.
    FREE TACK/APPAREL ADS: BITS AND BARTER BOARD: http://bitsandbarter.proboards.com/i...ay&thread=5450

Naters, I am about 2 hours west from Augusta. If you know where the Horse Park in Conyers is, I about 20 minutes from there.

Vanheimerhorses - I tried to respond to your PM but your box is full. I'm at work at can't answer your questions here but can email you later.

Hi,
    How far would you let someone lease him? I live near Columbus.