The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Tatoo help please? Possible stolen TB

Our local resuce here has taken in another horse and they think this one might have been stolen. He's a gelded TB, chestnut with a white blaze. His tatoo is C02612. Any previous known owners would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your help.
    Rum Car 2/15/72-1/13/05
    Rest in peace, beautiful boy

i'll see what i can find out for you. might take a couple of days, but i'll see what i can dig up.

Quote Originally Posted by Timex View Post
    i'll see what i can find out for you. might take a couple of days, but i'll see what i can dig up.

Thank you!
    Rum Car 2/15/72-1/13/05

The horse you have is named Manonthemove no spaces. He was foaled Jan. 2, 1999. He is by Woodman and out of Feel the Motion by Polish Navy. He was foaled in KY. and the breeders are Pacific Heritage Farms LLC. He last ran March 12 06' at Golden Gate Fields.
    The listed owner at the time of his last race is Alfred Catanzaro and trainer is Robert L. Martin.

Here is a summary of his overall race carreer:

starts wins places shows earnings
    2006: 4 0 0 1 $2,738.00(US$2,738.00)
    2007: 0 0 0 0 $0.00(US$0.00)
    Life: 55 6 6 12 $116,788.00(US$116,788.00)
    Off Track:10 1 1 3 $21,513.00(US$21,513.00)

I hope that helps
    Success is a journey not a destination.

I knew this horse on the track (though not well). Do you feel comfortable posting the circumstances of his arrival to the rescue? Please PM me if you want the people who raced him to be notified.

glad to see someone was able to get you the info, i wasn't able to get it through my normal routes. i, too, would be interested in knowing his story.

Curious as to why you felt he might have been stolen? I understand if you don't want to share it here.

Thanks so much for the information. I have not seen the horse nor do I know his circumstances but I will find out. All I know so far is that the rescue acquired him and they believe him to be stolen and would, obviously, like to get him back to his owner. I will either post it here or send pm's. Thanks again.
    Rum Car 2/15/72-1/13/05

I spoke with the woman who runs the rescue. This horse came from an owner who had several horses on his property. Most of them near starvation. One has already been put down. One, a stallion was stolen but they are not sure if this present owner was the one who stole the horse or if he purchased the horse from someone else. I believe they are working on getting the stallion back to his rightful owner. According to this owner, the TB in question, Manonthemove, was purchased by him from a Mexican rodeo. The woman who runs the rescue says it could very well be true because you cannot go near the poor horse without him thinking he is going to get beaten. But they cannot rule out that he may also have been stolen so they are very anxious to track down any previous owners. The district attorney is building a case against this person and the rescue is trying to help place/save the remaining horses on his property.

TBCollector if there is any way you can contact his previous owners that would be great. Maybe they could shed some light on where he went after they sold him. Maybe they would even be interested in taking him back. The woman who runs the rescue says he's a very nice horse and any information on him would be greatly appreciated. You can PM me if you'd like.
    Rum Car 2/15/72-1/13/05

According to this owner, the TB in question, Manonthemove, was purchased by him from a Mexican rodeo. The woman who runs the rescue says it could very well be true because you cannot go near the poor horse without him thinking he is going to get beaten.

If that's true, it is sooooo sad. The horse made over $100,000. He deserves something better than that for his wages.
    Success is a journey not a destination.

Quote Originally Posted by tirnanog View Post
    If that's true, it is sooooo sad. The horse made over $100,000. He deserves something better than that for his wages.
    So true. The woman who runs the rescue thinks that with some work, he will be a wonderful horse. He just needs to restore his trust in humans.

There is also a pregnant mare with a foal at her side and a broken hip! The vet said she most likely will have to be put down. I hope they can put this guy away so that he can never do this to any horse ever again. The horse that had to be euthanized had been tied to a fence with no food or water. He was so far gone by the time someone came to his rescue that the most humane thing was to put him down.
    Rum Car 2/15/72-1/13/05

For a gelding the sad part is the owner is probably telling the truth on where he came from. But maybe somebody from his past will take him in.

Here is some info. on his siblings to 2003:

1ST DAM:
    1992 Feel The Motion, Ch, F, By Polish Navy. 3 wins at 3, $112,293, in NA.
    (SSI=4.21). 3rd Drumtop Handicap -L ($6,143, Bel) $56,520.
    1998 Tijuana Brass, Ch, F, By Cozzene. Winner at 3, $31,514, in NA.
    . (SSI=.60).
    . 2004 Ch, F, By Formal Gold
    1999 Manonthemove, Ch, C, By Woodman. 5 wins at 3 to 4, $101,050, in NA.
    . (SSI=.97).
    2000 Ocean Crossing, Ch, F, By Mt. Livermore. 2 wins at 3, $20,694, in NA.
    . (SSI=.71).
    2001 Keep The Feeling, Ch, F, By Kris S. Winner at 3, $43,455, in NA.
    . (SSI=1.74).
    2002 Truffle. (See race and produce records below)
    2003 B, F, By Aptitude

And here is his catalog page and preview breeze time (he could move a bit!) Hip 140 (too bad they didn't save the video!)
    http://www.barretts.com/TrainingPrev...w/pr2mar01.htm
    He didn't meet his reserve there: Donna M. Wormser, Inc.,
    Agent $60,000 Not Sold (Isn't it mind boggling how much money people pay out on these horses and then toss them away so quickly??)
    Every mighty oak was once a nut that stood its ground.

Proud Closet Canterer! Member Riders with Fibromyalgia clique.