The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

For our old hunt, depending on the fixture, it was anywhere from 10-45 minutes to get to a fixture. Kennels were about 10-15 mins from the barn.

I haven't been out with the new club this season, but have gone up to their country and, I think, it's anywhere from 30 min to 1hr 30min, depending on fixture and traffic (gotta go up 95 and on the Baltimore beltway if we take the highway!!!)

Default lucky that mine is real close

I ride out the back gate from the farm and go two farms over. It's maybe a couple of hundred yards. I know. I am REAL lucky.
    ---------------
    I once belonged to Charlie (but now he lives with another BB member). I still have Sissy-1982 Quarter Horse Mare and Chrome-Percheron/TB Mare

We did our 2nd hunt ever today! We drove approx. 1.5 hours to get there but it was definitely worth it, we had a great time. Since Tanheath has several hunting locations the distances for us range from about 40 minutes to 1.5 hours. We are in the process of finding some good locations for the hunt to come down my way in the future. There is tons of open land, it's just a matter of whether we can ride on it and we do know some land owners. It would be awesome if the hunts were closer occasionally. I could go more often