The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Cool

Wow, 5K...im sure you could easily have added 2 more zeroes to that when he started winning in the big time.

Quote Originally Posted by crystalacresponies View Post
    Thats ok Sunny, I remember seeing Captain Hook for the first time at a show in Long Island & he was priced at a mind-boggling 5k. Woulda, coulda, shoulda... I'd like to add him to my list of fabulous moving mediums.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby G. Weber View Post
    Tindle is living out his years at the farm of Mr. and Mrs. Jackson. (Barbaro). They are the original owners and could have been the breeders, but I'm not positive about that. Anyway, Mrs. Jackson followed his career to his retirement. She apparently told the last owners she would take him back if they ever sold their farm so when they did sell, Tindle made the trip back east.

Pretty much says it all.

wait so they owned barbaro too? thats crazy famous in the hunter and racing world, does anyone have any pics of tindle i would love to see him?!

Quote Originally Posted by ljc View Post
    And from the West Coast, let me nominate Redford, an absolutey gorgeous mover who rarely lost an under saddle class. He's now retired and lives at my farm, where everyone's jaws drop to see this 24-year-old TB floating across the field with the most incredible trot. John French brought him back east a few times so a few east coasters might have seen him.
    can you post a pic or video of him!?

I quickly skimmed through the pages of this thread so I may have missed it, but I can't believe no one mentioned the beautiful small junior

MISSOURI!!!!!

He was shown by Danielle Monteleone among others

Horse....STRAPLESS

missouri was just lovely, I believe I was told he's a trail horse now! Here's my story, I was at a farm trying ottb's one day and saw a very plain bay stallion trotting in a field, my mouth dropped open. I was told they were breeding polo ponies by him. The trainer I was with at the time told me not to buy him because he had no markings and the judges wouldn't notice him. The way he moved I just couldn't believe anyone could not notice him so I bought him, changed trainers. I named him "talk of the towne" and we won all 21 hacks we ever did, including lake placid, saratoga etc. Luckily he jumped great as well. Last I heard he was in middleburg, if anyone knows anything about him i'd love to hear, we called him george.

Quote Originally Posted by horserider12 View Post
    missouri was just lovely, I believe I was told he's a trail horse now! Here's my story, I was at a farm trying ottb's one day and saw a very plain bay stallion trotting in a field, my mouth dropped open. I was told they were breeding polo ponies by him. The trainer I was with at the time told me not to buy him because he had no markings and the judges wouldn't notice him. The way he moved I just couldn't believe anyone could not notice him so I bought him, changed trainers. I named him "talk of the towne" and we won all 21 hacks we ever did, including lake placid, saratoga etc. Luckily he jumped great as well. Last I heard he was in middleburg, if anyone knows anything about him i'd love to hear, we called him george.
    Great Story! And thanks for sharing about Missouri... he has got to be getting up there in years and its great to hear that he is still doing well!

Does anyone remember Two For One and Just For Fun...They both won their fair share of hacks ( as well as models) and were both horse of the year.

Damn... I have pictures of all these horse but I dont have them on webshots or anything like that....is there any other way to post them?