The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default King

I am very interested. I sent you a private message. Thank you

Hey cheeky!! I am upset...but he'll be sitting in a field at least a few months as I had a horsey accident not long ago...hurt my hip a little but thought Id be okay...apparrently Ive done something to my back to put pressure on the sciatic nerve in my leg...that aside from some other health issues that put me out of work a few weeks before your accident have left me in a bit of a bind. I had also enrolled awhile back for school in January, so now Im getting to a place where Im realizing that school has to come first, and everything else needs to wait. You know Ive always put the horses ahead of myself but the truth is, that accident scared me...I want to ride and I want to keep King so bad but its hurting us both. Its not fair for him to sit in a barn that I cant pay for, for 3 months, alone because I cant ride him, just for me to get better in time to start back to school and a full time job. Ive put so much into him, and he just deserves so much more. If a few years down the road, when my psychology degree is finished and, health wise, things are a little more settled for me, King can come back than so be it but for now I have to say goodbye. Hope all is well for you guys, and nice to see how many people have stepped up to the plate for you. Youre so lucky to be in one piece right now!! Anyway, if you know of anyone who may be interested feel free to have them contact me... I will take priority to those recommended, and those in close proximity to PA as thats where Ill be come 2008. Keep in touch...

**bump**

Question

Hi Fuzzy,

Did you get hurt on this horse? He sounds really nice, but it's a little concerning to see your ad on Dreamhorse for $6500 and on COTH he is free. We all have issues at some point in our lives, but why is he FREE? You could certainly sell him quickly at a price lower than $6500, or even free-lease him until your situation is improved. Is he 100% sound and sane? I might know someone who would be interested in him. I am in Massachusetts. Give us more information on him.

Actually with the market like it is, it is very hard to find homes for anyone. And why does it matter if she got hurt on this horse?

To the OP, I hope you find a wonderful home, he sounds like a great horse.
    Erin and
    Instant Karma "Sunny", ShineDown "Liam"

"You can't control the wind, but you can adjust the sails."

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Karma View Post
    Actually with the market like it is, it is very hard to find homes for anyone. And why does it matter if she got hurt on this horse?

To the OP, I hope you find a wonderful home, he sounds like a great horse.

Um, it matters because the person I had in mind, although an advanced rider, doesn't need a horse that is prone to bucking/rearing and the likes. Have you heard of the old saying, "if it's too good to be true, it probably is"?

Default King

Please email me privately. Where in PA will you be ending up? I am in NY, on the PA border. We are interested in providing a forever home for King, with visitation. Need a horse for my daughter to show, 50 acres of electric tape fence on dead-end dirt road on quiet farm. Trainer is working with my daughter. She is a quiet rider.

The reason why he is listed on dreamhorse for $6500 is because thats what he was appraised at. I had put him up on there hoping to get a bite, but I dont have the time to wait it out. And yes, the horse market is very bad right now, and with him being only 15.1hh, he is a hard horse to market. Everyone has visions of ponies and warmbloods, and there are a million TBs for sale around 16hh. I did fall off of King a couple of weeks ago, when he tripped on unsteady footing, but trust me when I say he is far from dangerous. Ive owned him since age two and he has never reared, and the only time he will even attempt a buck is when he catches himself off balance, which is why I said he needs a steady rider. He would be very unhappy with someone bouncing all over his back and/or sliding up his neck. I have been riding horses for 21 years and have owned my share since age 14. This is certainly not the first time Ive fallen. If you had checked on dreamhorse a couple of weeks ago there was an ad up for Pizzazzy, a 16.1hh bay TB, for $3000. I just gave him to a wonderful home for free as well. Please dont make accusations, and if your advanced rider needs a horse that never makes a mistake than gook luck in your search....I dont know of any that fit your description. As for anyone else who may be interested, yes King is 100% sound and 100% sane...

Default re: King of Jeans

Thank you for your absolute honesty. Could you please pm me about King?

Thank you
    "When written in Chinese, the word "crisis" is composed of two characters, one represents danger, the other represents opportunity."

John F Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzybluecloud View Post
    And yes, the horse market is very bad right now, and with him being only 15.1hh, he is a hard horse to market.
    And here I am in California looking for a smaller horse for my mom and daughter, since Smokey's size is so daunting, and there seems to be nothing but quarter horses My mom seems set on something flashier.

Oh, well, I really shouldn't be encouraging her since I know it will just mean 2 horses for me to take care of, LOL!

I understand why you put him here, Fuzzy. You think it would be nice to see him go to a great home, and maybe if it is someone here you could see pics of him and keep track of how he's doing. I really hope a great home pans out for him He really sounds like a gem. If I didn't have to please my mom I might be all over him for my daughter (I might not be able to yell at my mom when she rides badly, but I can yell at my kid! And 15.1 isn't too far to fall to learn a lesson on not torturing your horse )

Quote Originally Posted by Pharma Chick View Post
    Um, it matters because the person I had in mind, although an advanced rider, doesn't need a horse that is prone to bucking/rearing and the likes. Have you heard of the old saying, "if it's too good to be true, it probably is"?
    So then the question would be better worded as "Does this horse have any problems with bucking and/or rearing?" Not "Did you get hurt on this horse?" You can definately get hurt on any horse, and apparently this injury did happen on this horse through no fault of his own. I know a couple of people who have gotten hurt on very quiet, reliable horses because of a trip or stumble. Doesn't mean anything bad about the horse. It seemed like your post was an accusation, the way it was worded, that's all.
    Erin and
    Instant Karma "Sunny", ShineDown "Liam"

"You can't control the wind, but you can adjust the sails."

Ok AS I have stated before this is a nice horse. I was there trying Pizzazzy when Fuzzy had her fall. All he did was get stuck in deep, DEEP footing at the end of the indoor. He basically just got stuck, stumbled, pulled himself up, and in the process she came off. No rearing no bucking, no acting like a fool. It was an honest attempt for him to get himself out of a deep spot. When she first got on him he was business-like, and away they went. This could have happened to anyone, regardless of their experience. When she did tumble, he stopped and went right back to where she was, which was only about 5 feet away. If he was a rearer/bucker, he would have wondered away. He did no such thing. Like I said before If I could afford 3 horses, I would have taken him as well, but I can't. Fuzzy is just in a bind right now and is just trying to do right by King.
    Goldielox~~mommy to Opal a.k.a. Squeaky Sneakers, now knows as SIZE MATTERS, and newest baby Pizzazy a.k.a Zaz or Zazzy boy~ http://s125.photobucket.com/albums/p...er69/opal/Zaz/

Q view farm Guest

Default King

I am in Illinois. If all else fails, let me know. He looks like a great horse, and I would take great care of him. I do a little eventing, lessons, trail riding.

Thanks GoldieLox and Instant Karma!! He really is a great horse!! Q you have a pm!!

Default Dear Fuzzy

Thank you for giving me the oppurtunity to own King! I am trying to arrange the transport still. I have found many that can do it, just not within the time period that you want. But the search is still on!!! I will not give up, I want King to join our Family!

Default King

Great news! King will be on his way to Tn tomorrow. We are very excited to have him join our family!!! He will be in great hands! Don't worry Fuzzy, King will be loved very much! Hugs, I know this is very hard on you.

I just want to say thank you to everyone who responded to my ad...and a special thanks to equislover for providing a loving forever home for King... he should be to you around dinner time tomorrow...what a wonderful Thanksgiving addition!! Please enjoy him as much as I have... best wishes to you and your family for a happy and healthy holiday!!

Default still available?

We're in Lancaster, PA looking........plz let me know

Default horse

No he is not available. There are several entries discussing the fact that he was adopted. If you would please read the post you would notice that ! You bother me in that you are interested in almost every horse on here! You can't possibly be interested in that many horses. You say you are looking for a companion for a pony but you respond to 20 adds. Perhaps you should read them all and narrow your search down to the ones you are really interested in then respond? Or are you maybe going to try to sell them after you adopt each one? Just note- you are sending up a red flag by responding to each and every add! I apologize for being critical but it doesn't seem right.

equislover, thank you for saying what I was thinking when I saw that horselover4 has posted on almost every thread for a free horse. That also makes me question why, and feel very uncomfortable. People please be sure to check references, have contracts, and then follow up when placing horses....