The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 70 of 78 FirstFirst ... 20606869707172 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 1544
    West of insanity, east of apathy, deep in the heart of Texas.

Yes, she would. It's called "fraud", if indeed Thing 1 and Thing 2 made commission without disclosure to both buyer and seller.

In fact, if it's over a certain amount, it's felony fraud, and both Thing 1 and Thing 2 would end up in jail. It's happening a lot nowadays; trainers
    "skimming" or "double dipping" and being caught, and being imprisoned.

Poetic justice, if indeed this has happened.
    In loving memory of Laura Jahnke.
    A life lived by example, done too soon.
    www.caringbridge.org/page/laurajahnke/

Well-- I'll be jiggered...never thought she would actually get paid!!! You are right, she's one the gods look out for I guess. Hopefully T will be happy and well cared for.
    (trying hard to ignore the inner voice.."Surely those xrays had his name on them right?? I mean.. aren't they required to do that..?.." Lol)
    It does seem awfully suspect but hey, if she got close to what she wanted for him I guess it's all good.

Allright--now we gotta have 'End of Drama' 'ritas!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOO!

but,, but,, WHAT will we DO NOW??????

ok,, donkeyman!! UNDER THE BUS!! UNDER THE BUS!!
    "Energy efficient vehicle. Runs on grass and oats. CAUTION: Avoid exhaust!"
    I think we should eat trolls.
    Troll meat. Now that's good eatin'.
    by Hiddenlake

Years ago I had a student who had outgrown her large pony, we sent the pony to a well known pony sale barn in Middleburg. Very quickly we figured out that sale barn person was not to be trusted but that is a whole other story, so the seller person, shall we call her AJ, sold my clients pony after giving her a song and dance about how hard she was to sell... clients drastically lowered the price, against my advice mind you. Said pony got sold. All well and good until clients took a trip to florida and ran into their ex-pony and new family. New owners say "best $20,000 we ever spent" of course my clients went as they did not recieve anywhere near that amount. Lawyers called in, AJ had to pay the difference to my clients in 10 nice monthly installments...
    Fullcirclefarmsc.com

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Dressage4Fun View Post

You took the words right out of my mouth!!

WOW I thought we would never see the end of this one. I have been following it all along. I would love to know the name of the trainer in FL as I may be moving that way in a month. Would like to stay far away from her.
    I love cats, I love every single cat....
    So anyway I am a cat lover
    And I love to run.

Quote Originally Posted by Beethoven View Post
    WOW I thought we would never see the end of this one. I have been following it all along. I would love to know the name of the trainer in FL as I may be moving that way in a month. Would like to stay far away from her.
    me too Me too me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, I guess I am just a little leery of anyone inquiring about my horses now if they happen to be from the great state of FloriDUH!!!!!!
    Holly
    www.ironhorsefrm.com
    Oldenburg foals and young prospects
    LIKE us on Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Dressage4Fun View Post

Now we have Donkeyman and all other Florida cothers follow T and his new owner to their shows and report their progress to us! We can't not follow this horse forever!

OMG, this is what I wake up to on Sunday morning! The end of the drama llama saga!!

All together now: Under the BUS! Under the BUS!!

Epona, I hope your friend takes some of that money and buys you a real fancy dinner somewhere, or at least a couple bottles of champagne!
    I realize that I'm generalizing here, but as is often the case when I generalize, I don't care. ~ Dave Barry

And HEY! That was my 1,001 post - I'm "Advanced" now.
    I realize that I'm generalizing here, but as is often the case when I generalize, I don't care. ~ Dave Barry

I just spent entire afternoon/evening yesterday catching up on this saga. I know the drama is over (hopefully) but:

Question 1: If my memory serves me correctly, wasn't the seller into Reigning/Western Pleasure? Then I heard something about Eventing.... Does seller do multiple disciplines? I could have made that up and have no clue how far back this info is in the posts. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Question 2: Regarding "bogus" x-rays and need for "Pre x-rays before sending horse to potential buyer". If seller did have these "before x-rays", how does buyer know they are legit? Is there a way to truly make x-rays legit? Couldn't potential buyer come back and say "How do we know these are actually x-rays of said horse?"

Well, if this is actually over then something needs to be done, asap, about that tv writers strike.

I'll join in:

UNDER THE BUS! UNDER THE BUS! UNDER THE BUS!

Default Now what?

So now that it's over, what have we learned from this? If you do let a horse out on trial, within easy driving distance to allow for quick pickup if it isn't going well, what things should be in the trial contract? What is a reasonable amount of time for the horse to be gone? What if there are a few people at the barn who are looking to try the horse, who signs the contract? I think in some cases, a trial is a good thing, some horses take some getting used to, and some people like to see the horse in their home barn. But, obviously, a detailed contract is necessary, I'm just looking to see what you all would include. Although this was entertaining, in a sad way, I hope to not read a similar thread about sellers getting hosed.

Anyone else vote for the creation of COTH BB sales agreement doc or tips?

A new category perhaps so that they can be found easily?

I had no idea about fake xrays and am stunned Iron Horse saw their horse being resold with "clean xrays"

Curiouser and curioser

Would the vet be liable in any way for something like this? I saw someone posted that the horse's name should be on the xrays. Is that by region or everywhere?
    INCONCEIVABLE!

NO, you can't move, yet, Beethoven!!

I echo the UNDER THE BUS!!!! cries. We need to know not to do business with these things!
    "IT'S NOT THE MOUNTAIN WE CONQUER, BUT OURSELVES." SIR EDMUND HILLARYMember of the "Someone Special To Me Serves In The Military" Clique

i am betting thing 1 and 2 made ahuge commission otherwise why do it and stick with umless you were getting something out of it

at least the horse has a decent home and well fed and happy and looked after thats the main thing

Arrow

I "heard" comission PLUS Finders Fee - not to mention training fees, show expenses etc etc etc triple dippin. Had to get it done FAST! And yes, they have been reading up.
    Dang shame so close to 1500 posts.

I am just glad its over for the sellers sake! Poor kid - spineless is a tough way to live when one decides to swim with sharks.
    "If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there"

I thought that the seller talked to the father/buyer on the phone though (unless the father thought was trying to get $2,500+/- off of a $20,000 horse while the seller wanted no less then $1,000 off of a $10,000+/- horse, and they just never gave much thought to the fact that there "starting prices" were different things?)

Only 96 more posts needed to reach the 1500 goal

Quote Originally Posted by CLB15 View Post
    I thought that the seller talked to the father/buyer on the phone though (unless the father thought was trying to get $2,500+/- off of a $20,000 horse while the seller wanted no less then $1,000 off of a $10,000+/- horse, and they just never gave much thought to the fact that there "starting prices" were different things?)

Only 96 more posts needed to reach the 1500 goal
    How ironic if they DID have that conversation and missed the chance to catch Thing 1 and Thing 2 read handed double crossing both of them. Seems like there are victims on both sides of this story and the only "winners" are the Things.

I have a feeling by the time we all finish re-hashing and getting filled in on more gossip as it becomes available we'll hit 1500 posts. Hey, Floriday peeps did they show this weekend?