The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 66 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 1544

Quote Originally Posted by horse-loverz View Post
    \
    _\____________._<\__._<\__<\__<\___<\_.<\
    _|______._______\,,,,,_\,,,,_\,,,,,\,,,,,_\,,,,,\,,,,,,
    _|____|-##___|===|====|====|====|====|====|
    _|_|__/\______|===|====|====|====|====|====|

Epona coming out to feed the drama llamas....

now to work on SUUUUPER Donkey man.....

Oh I almost forgot the incredible disappearing spine....

_
    <|>__~~
    _/\___//._/\___<>_,,,,'',,,,___,,,,,,,___,,,''',,,___,,,,,,,____,, ,''',,,
    THis soooo made my day.

Can we start a "Drama Llama" clique?
    Holly
    www.ironhorsefrm.com
    Oldenburg foals and young prospects
    LIKE us on Facebook!

Ths will explain 8675309:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/867-5309/Jenny

Now have the llama song STUCK in my head I will sing it merrily as I clean stalls today. If I wear it with the Tee Shirt will I have to move to Florida?

Since 1977 i have hadthe song "The Hop" stuck in my head. Now add to it parts of 8675309, Windy, and the Llama song. PLUS my addiction the the Florida horse saga and a susequent drinking problem, and sub zero wind chill - I will be certifiable shortly
    "If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there"

I love this thread. And I have a feeling it's not over yet, not by a long shot.....

Ooooo, oooooo! Mail fraud!!! Epona, make sure your friend SAVES THE ENVELOPE the check comes in (if it arrives at all.) AND she should make copies of the "alleged" check before she attempts to cash it.

Sign me up for the Drama Llama clique!
    I realize that I'm generalizing here, but as is often the case when I generalize, I don't care. ~ Dave Barry

Can stickart be violent?? Can we see thing one and thing two UNDER the bus??? or........drama llamas going over the cliff like lemmings?
    Holly
    www.ironhorsefrm.com
    LIKE us on Facebook!

Talking

Since the Hollywood writers are on strike, maybe we could submit this to Law and Order or CSI Miami? Oooohh, but we have to have a murder.....................how about thing one and thing two under the bus?? Donkeyman could be the CSI.............
    Holly
    www.ironhorsefrm.com
    LIKE us on Facebook!

how about drama llamas DRIVING the bus WHILE things 1 and 2 are being shoved under it.... HL... just how good ARE you?

*The wheels on the bus go round and round.....* La la la!
    I realize that I'm generalizing here, but as is often the case when I generalize, I don't care. ~ Dave Barry

I'm so glad it's Friday. We can have endless, uninterrupted booze-infused speculation ALL WEEKEND!

We need Vegas odds on the following: Is the check in the mail? Will the check be valid? Will the check be made out for the agreed-upon amount or less? Were the films actually of Spineless Friend's horse or a ringer? Will Thing 1 and Thing 2 see a 273% increase in business as a result of pulling off the biggest use-horsie-for-free scam in the Sunshine State?

They're sending a cashier's check in the mail... hopefully it'll come!
    Ah, the greatest lies.

1. The check is in the mail.

2. My horse never did that before!

3. I never did that before.

4. I promise not to ... whoops, not PG.

Jenny, I got your number.
    I need to make you miiiine.
    Jenny, don't change your number
    867-5309

http://www.snopes.com/music/songs/8675309.asp
    Delicious strawberry flavored death!

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by DMK View Post
    Hmmm, unless I'm forgetting an earlier version, I'm afraid I'm going to have to fast forward to the 80's version by Tommy Tutone
    Jenny, Jenny. Who can I turn to? That's the version I know, too. I had a 45 record of it that I bought at K-Mart and used to play on my crappy record player.

Quote Originally Posted by DMK View Post
    And it's not hard to believe an OTTB who has probably had a job since he is 2 is on his way to fused hocks.
    The horse is a TB, but I don't think he is an OTTB?

I don't know what to think of this whole thing now. It doesn't make sense. Why have the PPE done early when they have drug out everything else? Why pay several thousand dollars for a horse that (presumably) had bad x-rays and won't be able to jump much longer? Especially when he isn't an old horse. And they went for a classic touch with the old "the check is in the mail." All this drama and intrigue is making my head hurt. Maybe the time has come for me to join the drinking crowd. Just in time for the long weekend!

I thought I read way at the beginning of this thread that the owner said the horse had never been raced so he is not an OTTB!! anyone else remember this??
    http://www.talloaksfarm.net ---"Success is not final, failure is not fatal; it is the courage to continue that counts." --- Winston Churchill

Could this be Bruvce Springsteen trying to get snother horse for his daughter with out connitting first LOL?

I don't think the horse is an OTTB either.

I thought the horse was OTTB- my friend rides on the track, so I simply assumed he was. His ad, come to find out, says he was never raced, but Bugsynskeeter and I know he's tattooed and couldn't remember if a horse had to have his gate card to be tattooed. Is it possible that he trained on the track, got tattooed but never started? Or could he be tattooed and never have been on the track? If he was trained on the track, but never raced is he still an OTTB?

Could not resist a peek.trivia time...did you know Red Rubber Ball was written by Simon and Garfunkle before they penned their breakthrough hit Sounds of Silence. They thought it was a really stupid song so sold it to a stupid group who recorded it. They were so stupid, they made about a million dollars off the stupid song. Go figure...S&G always said if they would have recorded it, it would have come out sounding stupid and tanked.Speaking of stupid, I got timeline problems here. They just asked for an extension last week from the 15th because they could not get the vet until the 18th. So then these x rays show up via snail mail on the...what...16th??? Mailed on Monday, maybe? The 14th???How long ago did the vet actually take these?And that is a BAD PPE-why woulkd that make them hurry to close the deal ahead of time without sharing that they were getting the vet earlier?? Say WHAT?Don't get it.
    When opportunity knocks it's wearing overalls and looks like work.

The horse world. Two people. Three opinions.

That is what I remembered, that said horse was never raced - hence the reason I posted that I didn't think a horse that young should have those joint problems as the seller couldn't have used him that hard..

mmmn, I think a horse can be tattoed but never raced..can't race though without tattoo..

gets downright interesting and does make one want to reach for the brandy and a carrot stick to beat all the parties involved (except the horse) with...

oh gee..carrot sticks, booze and a sketchy horse sale..

now there's a soap opera..

I smell something fishy...

And honestly - I have't ever heard of fused hocks being a bad thing and never heard of fused fetlocks (in a non-break scenario). They changed everything else with the horse - but not the shoeing? These people have some nerve. They should just be glad they are dealing with her and not me.

If it were me - I'd be bringing him home...last year...
    Only two emotions belong in the saddle: One is a sense of humor. The other is patience.

Quote Originally Posted by EponaRoan View Post
    Ah, the greatest lies.

1. The check is in the mail.

2. My horse never did that before!

3. I never did that before.

4. I promise not to ... whoops, not PG.

Jenny, I got your number.
    I need to make you miiiine.
    Jenny, don't change your number
    867-5309

http://www.snopes.com/music/songs/8675309.asp

at #4
    Every man has a right to his opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts.
    Bernard M. Baruch

Quote Originally Posted by Woodland View Post
    Ths will explain 8675309:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/867-5309/Jenny

Now have the llama song STUCK in my head I will sing it merrily as I clean stalls today. If I wear it with the Tee Shirt will I have to move to Florida?

Since 1977 i have hadthe song "The Hop" stuck in my head. Now add to it parts of 8675309, Windy, and the Llama song. PLUS my addiction the the Florida horse saga and a susequent drinking problem, and sub zero wind chill - I will be certifiable shortly
    and if you frequent the stick art thread you would also have Kung-Fu Fighting, Copa Cabana and YMCA stuck in your head also. (I even put the Kung-Fu Fighting song on my MySpace page playlist)
    Every man has a right to his opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts.
    Bernard M. Baruch