The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 12 of 78 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by horse-loverz View Post
    OP I don't think you're a troll but I feel sorry for you in your dealings with you're friend.. I would be trying very hard not to shake some sense into her. I really do hope to hear how all of this turns out....
    Trying very, VERY hard. All I can do anymore is sigh and smile and nod. The horse is going on the trailer next week, done deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntertwo View Post
    As I mentioned much earlier in the thread. Even if a Contract is drawn up DOES your friend have the finances and time to pursue an out of state lawsuit if this possibly goes awry?

It sound like it would be a real #itch to pursue something like this, especially if she is a college student.

No, she doesn't... not even a little bit. Which is unfortunate. I, at least, have lawyers in the family who have written carefully worded letters for me before if needed, but she doesn't really have the support of her parents, let alone her family, which is another reason the horse needs to go.

But I digress.

Quote Originally Posted by eponacowgirl View Post
    Trying very, VERY hard. All I can do anymore is sigh and smile and nod. The horse is going on the trailer next week, done deal.

No, she doesn't... not even a little bit. Which is unfortunate. I, at least, have lawyers in the family who have written carefully worded letters for me before if needed, but she doesn't really have the support of her parents, let alone her family, which is another reason the horse needs to go.

But I digress.

GAWDAMIGHTY....this girl has patzy stamped all over her....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

Default Mebbie A Little Hope

The answers to these "considerations" might make it more dismal of a situation but simply for the sake of a young horseperson's interests... I'm hoping for the best here...

I would *never* ask someone greater than fifteen miles away from my farm to bring a horse to me to try. Not now after knowing that it just isn't done. However, on my first "on my own" purchase I didn't know better. But I knew I was buying the horse -- although the seller did not. I wanted my trainer to see the horse in person, and my trainer would NOT travel. I did ask and the seller did haul 2 hours to me. Horse still resides in my barn

So if someone approached me with this my first questions would be:

1. How old is the potential buyer?
    2. How experienced are they with buying a horse -- first or second time buyer?
    3. If they are simply niave and uneducated, how much of this darn scenario has been fueled by their "much trusted" trainer?

If all of those questions do add up to just inexperience and lack of education or practice at horse buying the scenario could very well be good-natured in intent. In years to come the buyer will face purchasing another horse and he/she will meet the person that properly educates him/her and at that point he/she will feel like a total idiot regarding this sale.

The other half of the coin is that the buyer may know exactly what he/she is doing and is just an arrogant sob. This doesn't automatically conclude, either, that the seller is going to be screwed out of horse or money.

Like many others here, I anxiously await an update on how things resolve. Good luck to your friend!
    Standing WDA Orion -- Straight Egyptian and Al Khamsa Arabian
    http://www.dedaananwarmbloods.com

So, is horse on his/her way to Florida?

(post on p.9 gave 11/29 as the planned shipping date.)

Last I heard - yes. The horse was loaded and shipped...

Let's just keep our fingers crossed...for the horse's sake!
    Only two emotions belong in the saddle: One is a sense of humor. The other is patience.

Horse shipped at 5 am this morning. He has an overnight and should get there tomorrow.

FWIW, the seller did ask why the buyer wouldn't fly up to see the horse-

"From what we've seen, we really think he's exactly what we're looking for, we don't see a point in spending the money to travel to see him."

They went on to explain that everything in Florida that is for sale are the same horses, season after season, just at a different barn because the nice horse won't ever sell outside of one trainer and everyone else has what they want at the moment. They thought they needed to look outside the area to bring in "new blood" (if you will) to find something they like in their price range.

That said, I don't know if I agree, I've never been to FL for the horse scene, nor do I have any concept of the hunter market down there.

I'm just reporting what the seller told me that the buyer said. Feel free to argue the point, but know that I HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE STATEMENT. Remember that my horse died four days ago and I'm not in the mood for bitchy, personal, snarky, snide, underhanded or just plain ugly comments made in my direction. I'm just trying to pass on the info for anyone interested.

They sent pictures of their barn- fantastically perfect, of course. Its their private barn, not the trainers barn.

I'll keep you updated.

Default .

Please do keep us updated. Sorry about your horse My good friend just lost one monday and my dogs ran away yesterday. IM so sorry and am feeling down too!
    ~~Member of the TB's Rule Clique ~~
    http://www.off-breed-dressage.blogspot.com/

Jingles for all involved that it turns out well.

so sorry to hear about yourhorse

but i do have to disagree with the horse selling statment that was made(i know not by you) just seems like a really bad excuse to get the horse to florida. i am an agent that buys and sells on a regular basis, and there is plenty of new horse blood down here for sale. not the same ole horses over and over. so, i call bullshit!

good luck to your friend, i really hope she does not get screwed,
    stacey
    www.camaloufarms.com

ride it like you stole it! "ralph hill"

Any updates?
    I'm hoping against hope this horse finds the perfect home, she gets her price and there's a happy ending.

Quote Originally Posted by RainyDayRide View Post
    this seems to be one of those rare COTH threads where all the responders are in agreement
    Quote Originally Posted by horse-loverz View Post
    Isn't that one of the signs of the Apocolypse?????

Oh. My. God.

Didn't the Apocalypse actually just happen on COTH over the weekend?

WE'RE ALL DOOMED!!!!!

"She still had all of her marbles, though every one of them was shaped funny and rolled asymmetrically."

REBE!!!!!!!!!

OMG Rebe, I had the same thought! Seriously!

The horse arrived yesterday evening and they look him for a spin today (too soon, I know, but what can you do??)

They said he was a little fresh, but they liked him- got his changes and enjoyed riding him.

My friend heard from her trainer (who is their trainer's mom, remember) today that they LOVED him.

So, thats a positive step, right?

they LOVED him.

Let's hope so
    I recognized with despair that I was about to be compelled to buy a horse ~
    Edith Somerville and "Martin Ross"

"Momma" to Tiempo, Tucker and Puff, RIP my beautiful Norman 8/2012

yes, step in the right direction.
    at least they didn't say.....that's the wrong horse
    Just kidding!!

So, did the horse go on a commercial truck, not with the owner in the end?

Hope it all works out!

often between a rock and hard place in Ky

Eponacowgirl sorry to hear about your horse and crossing my fingers that this works out for your friend..
    ___._/> I don't suffer from insanity.. I enjoy every
    ____/ minute of it! Member stick horse art lovers
    ';;;;;;; clique
    //__\\<-- Don't feed the llama!

The horse went with a shipper- my friend's classmate's parents own a "livestock" shipping company- not specific to horses, so they got a great rate, and my friend said the rig was just as classy as the big ones shes seen!

They went on to explain that everything in Florida that is for sale are the same horses, season after season, just at a different barn because the nice horse won't ever sell outside of one trainer and everyone else has what they want at the moment. They thought they needed to look outside the area to bring in "new blood" (if you will) to find something they like in their price range.
    Its the same in our microcosm. Most people trade between barns, maybe 30 miles at most. Probably discuss horse sales at the feedstore. But sometimes trainers (mine) will get horses in from across the country. Makes for new faces at the locla shows.

Hope it works for all involved.
    “Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the right things.” Peter Drucker