The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Penfolds Tawny best bang for the buck...

says my somilier

Quote Originally Posted by Painted Wings View Post
    It was served today pretty hot. I agree, you don't want to get it too hot and boil off the alchohol. The idea is a something to warm the insides on a cold hunt morning.
    I was thinking you'd make it up to the point of adding the alcohol, and heat that up. Then add the alcohol just before serving.

I would think this would be great made in one of those huge percalator coffee pots to keep it warm.

Thanks! I'm sponsoring the stirrup cup for a joint meet on Dec 23, and this will be our Christmas cheer! Since I'll serve it warm, maybe I can find some holiday coffee-type cups for a nicer presentation.
    Barbara www.customstockties.com
    Tulsa-QH; Schnickelfritz-Holsteiner; Atikus-Danish Warmblood; Buddy-QH/TB; Winston-Shire; Thomas-Percheron/TB; Mac-Belgian Draft, gone but never forgotten

Last Sunday we were served on horseback before the hunt. They used styrofoam cups which I did not like but a regular clear plastic cup would have been too hot on the hands for as hot as they served it. It's got to be something easy to hold with gloves on and reins in one hand.

To tell you the truth, there's not that much alchohol in it proportionally. At our beagle blessing we had it in a large (gallon size) insulated bererage thermos with a tap so people could get their own. We didn't have it so hot so used the clear plastic glasses. Then we had a bottle of Bushmills right next to it so people that wanted to juice it up could to their own desire/need. It is very yummy with the Bushmills added and makes the beagling all the merrier. At least we don't have to stay on our horses. The double recipe was not enough so Mrs. Lewis will have to make a quadruple batch next year. The priest especially appreciated the Bushmills after one of the beagles lifted his leg on his lovely frock.
    -Painted Wings

Set youself apart from the crowd, ride a paint horse, you're sure to be spotted

Quote Originally Posted by Petstorejunkie View Post
    Penfolds Tawny best bang for the buck...

says my somilier

Would you mean - sommelier ?

Here come the spelling police - sorry couldn't resist the dig.