The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Waredaca Unrecognized Nov. 4th, Who's Going?

I will be there bright and early for the Novice division. My dressage time is at 7:54, yikes. Plus I have about an hour and a half drive up. Oh well, at least I will be done early.

Anyone else going? I always love to meet fellow BB members.
    Last edited by AshKnoll; Oct. 31, 2007 at 09:07 PM.

Default Im going!

I'm going for my guy's first Beginner Novice (at least with me). My dressage isn't until 12, so you probably won't still be around. I am lucky as I don't have to be there early and I am only 5 minutes away! I have friends riding Novice also. It should be a great event. If you are still around, say hi. I'll be on the pinto pictured in my profile. Good Luck!!

~Heather
    "There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man." ~Winston Churchill

I'll be there!
    my new boys first event! so were going elementary!
    i think my dressage is at 1 something.
    haha. doubt youll be around.
    good luck everyone!
    i'll be on a bay, named "sloppy joe"

Default I'm going!

This is my first HT since I broke my back!

I'm doing Elem and I have some sweet times... I heart sleeping late

I will be grooming for mythical and my new guy. She's taking him in BNHB for me . As usual, just look for the giant appy with no tail .

Congrats on your return Meredith! Looking forward to seeing you cross the finish line on your new guy.

Thanks! ... and Mythical told me he has a tail extension that he wears for shows!!

will miss you guys, but will be at Virginia. Only in area II is there Plantation unrecognized on Saturday, Waredaca unrecognized on Sunday and Virginia recognized running through the weekend, and as I understand, all quite full.
    OTTBs rule, but spots are good too!

Mere- yes, he did come with a tail extension (I handed over my check, they handed me his fly sheet and tail ). I'm not sure if we will actually get the extension in for the show or not. I worry that putting it in will damage what little tail he does have, and when discussing putting the tail in for Sunday, the BO last night said "Aww, but it's part of his character!"

We still need a bunch of volunteers! Anyone who competes and brings a buddy to volunteer gets a free xc schooling pass .

Yup, I'll be there on the big spotted Moosetracks! I had a really good ride on him last night, so I'm excited. I don't ride til noonish, so I'm sure I'll be volunteering prior.

If you're not riding, or if you are and have a friend that's coming, please consider volunteering!
    Take Your Equestrian Business to the Next Level: http://www.mythiclanding.com/
    Follow me at http://mythiclanding.blogspot.com or http://twitter.com/mythiclanding

Wish I was, but my entry wasn't accepted (sent it in the last minute and they were full by then ).
    -my life-
    Translation
    fri [fri:] fritt fria (adj): Free
    skritt [skrit:] skritten (noun): Walk

I'll be there! My first ride time is at 11:52 and we're doing BN. I'll be on a white horse named Alatar. I haven't evented for a little while, but we got some schooling in over the summer so we'll see how this goes. Actually "MeredithClark" and I will be there together. Hope to meet lotsa people there!
    If my horse could talk : "In the end it is harder to be stupid, than it is to behave. But it sure is fun while it lasts."

The Buglet ("With Sprinkles") is going to her first Novice with my trainer. I was originally going to, but won't be able to go. I hope the pictures come out well. So proud of my pony.
    Shut up! You look fine! --Judybigredpony
    Ms. Brazil

Sounds like many of you got better times than me, however that means I will get home early enough for afternoon nap, right? I figure I have to leave absolutely no later than 5:30am I just keep telling myself with the clocks being set back it will actually be 6:30am. So if anyone is there early, please come up and say hi. I will be riding the mare pictured in my profile.

Westlaw, it looks like your mare is first to go in our division, so your trainer's ride times are even worse than mine.

Good luck to everyone, and here's hoping it isn't too cold in the morning.

Carolyn

Poor Jumper63!!

(I am "barely conscious" and zombiie-like at that hour myself , and it seems like I have had MANY ungodly early times this year...)

In any case, good luck to you!!!

I'll be doing the Training Championships there the day before (and we have to walk both courses before we ride, then do ALL 3 phases within one hour--should be *interesting*! At least my times aren't early!!! )

Fingers crossed that Catty goes double clear in both jumping phases (which I'm sure she will), and has a relaxed dressage test

Good luck to everyone competing, and we want a full report
    "Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies."

"It's supposed to be hard...the hard is what makes it great!" (Jimmy Dugan, "A League of Their Own")

I'll be there driving my daughter and her pony. Her times are soooo civilized, maybe I can make her stay at Beginner Novice forever so we don't get those early am times ! She has a cute little (actually not so little) buckskin pony, say hi if you see us. She'll be the calm one having a blast, I'll be the one having a nervous breakdown -you would think I would get better at these things !

I'll be there! And my times are such I'll actually get to see my daughter ride! YAY!

I'll be there butterflys and all!! This will be our second run at BN ( first time went well at Jenny Camp but way to slow) I'll be on my friends horse - Bryce - I'll be in blue and yellow. Just pulled my times Dresage at 10:08 and stadium at 12:10, XC 12:30. So I can't complain about the times, ground won't be frosty, etc.

Default Braiding?

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if any of you are braiding. I know its unrecognized and all so most probably aren't but I was thinking I might since I have late times and it wil look pretty in case there's a photographer who gets some good pics (since I dont have any professional pics of my boy yet). So what do you all think? And if I do braid, can I keep them in for all 3 phases ( I read somewhere about taking them out for cross country) - Im new to this whole thing so I want to do things correctly.Thanks in advance!
    "There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man." ~Winston Churchill

Well, since Moose really doesn't have much to braid (he literally has NO forelock) he will not be braided.

When I competed a mare that did have enough hair, I would braid her though. I took her braids out for stadium and xc, but I did see some people who left them in. If you do that, I recommend taking out a couple at the end near the withers so you still have something to grab if needed while jumping.

You will see some braided and some not, so either won't stick out.

Default Thanks

Thanks pharmgirl! I think I will try to braid and if it comes out looking good ill leave it and if not ill take them out. I am certainly no pro at the braiding thing. Maybe I will see you there since I am doing BNHB. I know I will definitely be able to spot you, I think your boy is a bit hard to miss. Good luck!