The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Exclamation America's Eq Star --- WHO WON?????

Don't forget....9 AM EST tomorrow morning on Fox Reality!
    Last edited by eggbutt; Nov. 16, 2007 at 09:30 AM.

Thank you, I would have forgotten! Too bad this means I have to get up at 6 (an unholy hour for me, and since I cannot program the VCR I have no choice).
    EDDIE WOULD GO

got it TVoed. Thanks.
    Member-Arab Dressage Riders Clique
    RIP Barichello

Default wow

Brendan's out... Sad but...

I have to say, Robert kept going on about the people being monotone...

Uhh Robert?

All in all very entertaining...

What did everyone else think?
    Lori
    Fly Teddy Fly!
    Connemara's Rock!
    RIP Reilly Go Bragh

Great episode! It just goes to show you that its much easier to "own" your own arena than someone else's. We've all been through that. You had to feel for them; not only were they on the spot in front of Robert and Katherine but being filmed for a TV production. Talk about intimidating knowing that many would see their "imaginary" clinic. Looking forward to next week.

www.europferde.com

I HATE Brendan is out.....I know him and he doesn't teach the way he did on the show.....just goes to show you how hard it must have been having all the cameras pointing at you.

I thought this episode was really good and pointed out many "basic" concepts that all horse folks should know and should be able to understand.

Kudos again to Karin for sponsoring this program and pushing it to get on the air!!

Dang, I missed it again

I really liked the show. I didn't watch last week because I thought I didn't have the channel, but lo and behold. So, was up at 6am this week. I thought it was terrific and seems to be a very real test of the whole package that a trainer must be, particularly at the level of being Robert's assistant.

However, you could really feel for the contestants! Cameras, pressure...

I'll definitely continue to tune in.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by TeddyRocks View Post
    Brendan's out... Sad but...

I have to say, Robert kept going on about the people being monotone...

Uhh Robert?

All in all very entertaining...

What did everyone else think?
    I guess I should have known better than to read this- but it would be nice if folks would post a heads up about spoilers, for those of us recording the show to watch later. That's really about the only truly exciting the the show has going for it.

Obviously I haven't watched this week's episode yet- I did watch last week's, and thought it was ok but not super. It's not actually all that horsey. Most of what you see of the horses is short, repetitive clips.
    It's just 6 people that aren't like the normal loons you generally see on reality shows, all trying to do their best. The show is obviously trying to make things more dramatic, the way Fox does-- "OMG the horse went lame. We MUST UNRAVEL THE MYSTERY! Was this a PRE-EXISTING CONDITION? Will the horse recover by TOMORROW?" Um, the horse is lame, it sucks, it happens, and no, it probably won't be fine tomorrow, it'll probably still be lame. Move on. We don't need to see Robert Dover fretting for the sake of the film crew. The whole show is basically trying to make something exciting out of something that isn't really- at best it's kind of interesting to those of us that are really into the sport, but not as interesting as it could be because it's not horse-centric.
    On the plus side, most of the horses are BEAUTIFUL and the facilities are INCREDIBLE. I would like someone RICH to ADOPT ME and send me to SUMMER CAMP there every year (or, you know, winter camp, seeing as how it is Florida).

I would have used a plastic surgeon in Newport Beach.

Edited to say that while I understand that Offield put the show together in the first place, this week's constant repetition of the Offield logo got very old very fast. I was just waiting for a scroll at the bottom of the screen to pop up and flash Lingh's stud fee.
    Last edited by Coreene; Oct. 26, 2007 at 01:30 PM.
    EDDIE WOULD GO

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Coreene View Post
    I would have used a plastic surgeon in Newport Beach.
    Gee, and I was blaming the camera lighting....

Loved it. Better than a first one. Now I'm starting to difirintiate the contestnats at first they all acted like twins - very quiet and in a "yes, ser" manner. Probably terrified of RD. Was very suprised to see how 16 year old kid pulled it off while others got frozen... too bad...

So, do you think that episod 3 = lame horse #3 as well?

Thumbs up

I loved it again this week! I fast forwarded through the Elvira commercials and the constant re-introductions. I liked how Robert was trying to make them more enthusiastic about their job at hand. You want to be successful and win?-- you better learn how to teach, speak with authority, hold an audience, as well as know your basics and have confidence --and we have to like you, -- (Riding really well does not seem to be the main prerequisite since some are better than others) I actually thought Robert was a little soft on them in the end...not like the Donald would have been for sure...

Do any of you know if there is a website to watch the show online? I have class at the time the show is on and I really want to watch it.
    Thanks Britt

Didn't see the first one but thought this episode was great. Robert needs to wear dark glasses as the camera lights were not very friendly. Catherine is very poised. What was with Tina Konyot? Why was she there?

Britt, try here
    http://http://www.americanequestrianstar.tv/

I can't catch the whole thing....but caught the last few minutes of both episodes...I LOVE it!
    "When you think you don't need a coach ...then you're in trouble" Don Imus 2012

I thought is was great again. I was stunned by how well Jamil did. I expected him to freeze like Brendan did. Can't wait for next week!

America, wake up. Do you know what your children are watching?

America, wake up. Do you know what your children are watching?
    Why be such a kill-joy? It's just a TV show, lighten up. Are you always this grim?

I thought Alisha would be out. She is too passive.
    *** 4 More Years ***
    *** 4 More Years ***

Default American Equestrian Idol

Just a reminder as you think about the riders and how they are teaching...this was filmed over a year and a half ago...March of 2006. If you have met them since that time, I am sure that they have changed and their teaching, riding, etc. has improved. This was a huge learning experience for all of them!!!!