The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Talking Okay, so who else is going to Waredaca?

I know asterix is taking her big guy Prelim (and was hoping to get some "insider scoop" from her on how the T-Championship course looks--the T 3-Day riders will be riding over it before we will ), and also how they are preparing the footing in general. (The darn rain that they *keep* promising us seems to be wimping out as it hits the Blue Ridge Mountains--yet again! I'm still keeping fingers crossed that we get some good downpours tonight--especially up in MD! )

So who all is entered?

Is anyone going to the T 3-Day, either as a competitor or a volunteer?? If so, we would love to hear how it's going this week! I *so* wish I could fit a couple trips up there into my schedule over the next few days...
    "Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies."

"It's supposed to be hard...the hard is what makes it great!" (Jimmy Dugan, "A League of Their Own")

Unforunately the Harrymonster has fallen victim to the hard ground, and is laid up with what we can only hope is a deep hoof bruise (otherwise we're talking xrays and ultrasounds, and I'm scared of what's under there). So ...

I will be there volunteering both days. I'll be jump judging somewhere on course Saturday, and might be in stadium on Sunday.
    Take Your Equestrian Business to the Next Level: http://www.mythiclanding.com/
    Follow me at http://mythiclanding.blogspot.com or http://twitter.com/mythiclanding

Mr E55 and I are taking a friend of mine and her 2 horses, she's going Training with both. This is a young girl who doesn't drive yet and everyone else is busy. This is probably not very interesting to you.
    RIP Kelly 1977-2007 "Wither thou goest, so shall I"

"To tilt when you should withdraw is Knightly too."

I will be there, being examined.
    Janet

chief feeder and mucker for Music, Spy, Belle and Tiara. Someone else is now feeding and mucking for Chief and Brain (both foxhunting now).

HRH and I are planning on going at this point but it is a question how many phases we will do. Since I have not jumped a x-country jump since last December and we have just started jumping novice height again (as in this week), we bumped down to novice (was not ready for a championship training course ) and will play it by ear and basically use it as a schooling opportunity (an expensive one, but I entered hoping we would be back up to speed by now and without knowing we would lose time for an abscess).
    I am keeping my fingers crossed that I will do x-country- I am DYING to and it has been way too long
    There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man.(Churchill)

Quote Originally Posted by Janet View Post
    I will be there, being examined.

Forgive me, it's just a good straight line, if one is in that kind of mood

(Obviously it's for your TD certification?)

"It's supposed to be hard...the hard is what makes it great!" (Jimmy Dugan, "A League of Their Own")

Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    HRH and I are planning on going at this point but it is a question how many phases we will do. Since I have not jumped a x-country jump since last December and we have just started jumping novice height again (as in this week), we bumped down to novice (was not ready for a championship training course ) and will play it by ear and basically use it as a schooling opportunity (an expensive one, but I entered hoping we would be back up to speed by now and without knowing we would lose time for an abscess).
    I am keeping my fingers crossed that I will do x-country- I am DYING to and it has been way too long
    Good luck, bambam! I'm sure you all will do great, and that (if you do opt to do it) HRH will *love* getting back out on the X-country course again after this time!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Doolittle View Post

Forgive me, it's just a good straight line,
    Thanks.
    Janet

chief feeder and mucker for Music, Spy, Belle and Tiara. Someone else is now feeding and mucking for Chief and Brain (both foxhunting now).

I will be there at least on Sat xc jump judging somewhere, and probably at least Sunday morning before having to go pick up Mr. Pharmgirl from the airport.

I am sure I will be out there for various things since it's home base for me, so if you see someone with a giant appy wandering around it's most likely me or mythical who will be riding him in the unrecognized HT .

Smile

I will be there for the traning championships. Looks like it is gonna be a fun day!
    A horse which stops dead just before a jump and thus propels its rider into a graceful arc provides a splendid excuse for general merriment.
    -Duke of Endinburgh

Quote Originally Posted by Janet View Post
    Thanks.
    Well, in any case, good luck--not that you need it!

(If anyone were tailor-made to be a TD, it's Janet...)

I'll keep an eye out for the giant appy, since I missed him (as well as pharmgirl and mythical) at the Short Course Event, since I was there late--I did see an appy, but wasn't sure whether it was him...he should be hard to miss!

barilar, good luck! (I guess I'll be competing against you )

I'll be there Sunday in the Novice Rider division -- riding the horse I've been leasing while my boy is treated for EPM. I'd love to meet any other CoTHer's there -- and we should be easy to spot! Just look for the tall blond on a big chestnut TB...wearing HOT PINK

I'll also be volunteering at the T3D Friday and Saturday...
    ~Drafties Clique~Sprite's Mom~ASB-loving eventer~
    www.gianthorse.photoreflect.com ~ http://photobucket.com/albums/v692/tarheelmd07/

Default Ill be there!

If your talking about Nov. 4, I will be there doing BN horse. I got my new guy in July, took him to Iron Bridge HT and won our walk trot division so I thought I would try a little challenge and try BN Horse. Last time I looked there were 26 in that division, so it will definitely be a challenge. I love my guy and am really excited. I'll be on a chubby bay and white pinto. Do any of you know if BN does the water element? I think we do, but not 100% sure, its really my only concern for him but I think it will be fine.

I am also going to try to stop by this weekend just to watch. I am pretty new to eventing so I think it will be a good learning opportunity.

Maybe i'll see some of you there!
    "There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man." ~Winston Churchill

Dr Doolittle - I'll be there volunteering for phase D on friday, and I'm also going to do the thursday course walk with Karen O, so if I hear any tidbits of good info on the course walk I'll post them here friday morning.

I will hopefully be there Sunday doing our 2nd Prelim. Yeah! What is the footing like for all of you guys close? We got a little rain last night and I am dancing around for it to continue today and on... I wish they had entry stats up, I bumped up from Training and my worring self just wants to make SURE I am in for prelim...I guess I will just have to wait for times
    "Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson~

Quote Originally Posted by toeknee View Post
    What is the footing like for all of you guys close?
    Good morning! I live approx 30 minutes from Waredaca. We had some rain overnight the night before and some last night - though I don't know actual amounts. It's still drizzling on and off right now. Today's forecast is chance of showers all day at 80% so maybe we'll get lucky and it will rain off and on all day!

Ah yes, we will be trying to successfully complete our moveup. Of course I have been wandering around the course psyching myself out (I can't jump THAT into the water...oh...intermediate, you say? oh, ok...) as usual.

I suppose I'm not supposed to talk TOO specifically about the course, and it's safe to say I can't figure much of it out yet because it's VERY different than it's ever been (they have built a house on one part of the course, so the flow is very new), and they are still building it...

What I can say:
    No, we have not gotten any real rain, as of 6 pm last night. I assume it's raining there now, though.

The ground is really hard. I did sets yesterday on our manure track. There are no jumps on the manure track, so this doesn't help y'all out much. We are very bored with the manure track.

They plan to aerovate (or whatever the word is) unless we get magical rain.

People are arriving for the T3d already! It was a blessing for me, as I finally had to say "whoa" and not "go" doing sets -- the big man was very interested in all the commotion and was far more energetic than usual.

It's quite hard to parse out the T course from the T champs course, so I won't hazard a guess -- many of the usual suspects appear to be out there, including the T wedgie, the trakhener, the keyhole (this one is usually reserved for the champs course), 2 waters, half coffin...

I _think_ we are doing dressage in the front parking field, so pay attention please to parking signs and volunteers when you arrive --

and expect it to be different, as I said -- the flow is new this year.

Looking forward to seeing all of you! I am going to CROSS that finish line this time!!!

I know they got some rain last night and the predictions are for 80% chance of showers today, tomorrow and Friday with a small chance on Saturday. I am desperately hoping we get the inch they predicted because that should help quite a bit but not make it the muddy swamp it was the year before last (I think that was the year all the trailers had to be pulled out with a tractor from the field where they parked although last year it rained so much they had to cancel Sunday so not any better just nobody stuck since they did not come).
    HRH and I want to run and jump
    There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man.(Churchill)

I live 10 min from Waredaca, and we apparently got _some_ rain last night (not sure how much) and it was drizzling some on the way to work this morning. I will be out at lunchtime and can provide a better idea of what the ground is like after that.

Like asterix said-I also believe dressage will be in the front field/old parking lot. I think parking this time will be in the field near the dreaded white dogs, and that entrance will probably be off Howard Chapel Road (the road that is perpendicular to 650 and the old parking entrance. Just another FYI to be aware when arriving!

leawoodfarm- for the unrec. Nov 4, I would be fairly certain BN has a pass through water. Every course I have seen so far at BN (rec. or unrec.) had to go through water at some point on xc.

I'll be jump judging XC on Saturday too! pharmgirl and mythical make sure you introduce yourselves in the morning. It's my first time volunteering so I will be one looking lost 5'6" skinny dirty blonde.

Good luck everyone
    Winfield Farm
    Karrera "Zoee" ~ Redshift "Orion" ~ Inquisitive "Q" ~ No Doubts "Lady"
    I Paid For My Vet's New Truck Clique