The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Default Trial has begun in the College Station horse killing case - SENTENCED See update pg 4

http://www.theeagle.com/local/Man_ac..._killing_horse

I certainly hope this young man get convicted. This is the horse owned by a fellow COTHer.

UPDATE 10/18 - Peterson was convicted today. Punishment phase starts tomorrow. http://www.theeagle.com/local/Former...inhorsekilling

UPDATE 10/19 - The jury gave him 9 months in jail.
    Last edited by Sonesta; Oct. 20, 2007 at 07:54 AM.
    Visit Sonesta Farms website at www.sonestafarms.com or our FaceBook page at www.facebook.com/sonestafarms. Also showing & breeding Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.

That story is bizarre and disturbing. The thing that bothers me the most is that it wasn't just one guy involved in this. It's one thing if one person is mentally ill but to have a friend help out??? sick!

Oh thank God. Finally!

Will be praying for a swift and painful outcome for the boys. And for closure for Darla.
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- "When they try to tell you these are your Golden years, don't believe 'em.... It's rust."

I don't think anybody was mentally ill here. I think several individuals were intrinsically evil. I hope they are introduced to people more evil than they are in prison, and I hope it ruins their lives.

Too bad these boys can't suffer the same fate as the helpless horse. What a couple of scumbags.

Two years' incarceration is not sufficient, unless he is forced into becoming someone's prison beyatch every day and every night, continuously. And maybe not even then.

Hope Darla gets some resolution.
    www.specialhorses.org
    a 501(c)3 organization helping 501(c)3 equine rescues

Default I can't believe

that no one called the police when they heard 'the cat screaming' - god, that phrase is going to haunt me - these boys are monsters...
    Euthanasia is taking their pain away and making it your own. ~ Laurierace

Default Wow!!

How proud their parents and relatives must be!! Way to go parents...and to think that these pieces of shite will reproduce their own demon spawn someday is frightening.

Stacy

It's often said that to understand all is to forgive all.

I'm sorry, I can do neither. CLEARLY, with the cat issue and the horse, this individual is a time bomb.
    "For God hates utterly
    The bray of bragging tongues."
    Sophocles, Antigone Spoken by the Leader of the Chorus of Theban Elders

To think that people can actually live with themselves after doing crap like that to another living creature...Disgusting.

I wonder how people can "support" their loved ones after they've such horrible things. If I did something like that, my parents, family and friends would never speak to me again. And rightly so.

I feel for the owner. How tragic.
    "Wost Case Ontario..."

Quote Originally Posted by sabby View Post
    How proud their parents and relatives must be!! Way to go parents...and to think that these pieces of shite will reproduce their own demon spawn someday is frightening.

Stacy
    Maybe, as part of their punishment, they should be gelded? Seriously.

And he was strangling a cat even before he went for the horse?
    "No, not anything goes, I said no rules!"

Words fail me.

The witness, the friend/roommate of the two monsters, is a real piece of work too. I mean, you know your friend choked a cat, hear him talk about killing a horse and think he's "just joking." Sane, normal people don't choke animals or joke about going out in the middle of the night to murder innocent animals. I'm guessing that this is not the first time he exhibited cruel and bizarre behavior. This is not something a person just wakes up one day and decides to do. Really, how many animals (and people) have to die before people realize that they should take cruelty and threats of violence seriously?

Even scarier is that one of the witnesses was supposedly pre-med but didn't call the police because he was afraid of them finding his stash of drugs. Yeah, illegal drugs and involvement in animal cruelty makes a real appealing applicant. Aside from justice for the poor horse and closure for the COTHer who owned her, the other good that could come of this trajedy is if his association with this case puts a permanent black mark on his med school application. The medical profession doesn't need this guy.

Losers all around.

BlueEyedSorrel

If the news story is in any way accurate, it would seem to be very difficult fore these two miscreants to get out from under these charges. I am hoping that this trial will be fast, well-run (so as to be very hard to appeal), and will produce as severe a verdict against them as can be. If Texas is a state with a reputation for being tough on crime, now's the time for that to be true.
    I tolerate all kinds of animal idiosyncrasies.
    I've found that I don't tolerate people idiosyncrasies as well. - Casey09

I'm actually proud that the prosecutors tried to charge them with a felony in this. Too bad it didn't get approved.

These boys, especially the Peterson boy, have all the ear markings of a future serial killer. Truly frightening.
    Visit Sonesta Farms website at www.sonestafarms.com or our FaceBook page at www.facebook.com/sonestafarms. Also showing & breeding Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.

Default My parents/relatives....

would have completely disowned me too. The worst thing we ever did was toilet paper someone's house. I never knew anyone who wasn't animal friendly and still don't. Med school my foot!! Not anymore...LOSER. Public record now. And I know that med school fool will not ever hear this or perhaps see this, but just in case..."You are a giant vagina for not calling the police. I invoke the ball shrinking curse on you!! Oh wait a minute, you never had any in the first place".

I didn't know about the poor cat until reading the article

Stacy

Quote Originally Posted by sabby View Post
    would have completely disowned me too. The worst thing we ever did was toilet paper someone's house. I never knew anyone who wasn't animal friendly and still don't. Med school my foot!! Not anymore...LOSER. Public record now. And I know that med school fool will not ever hear this or perhaps see this, but just in case..."You are a giant vagina for not calling the police. I invoke the ball shrinking curse on you!! Oh wait a minute, you never had any in the first place".

I didn't know about the poor cat until reading the article

Stacy
    I know this is not a laughing matter (far from it!) but I couldn't help myself! I like your ideas WAY better than the COTH explosive diarrea curse....you are so much more creative!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "There is just as much horse sense as ever, but the horses have most of it"

Default Well...

I like the explosive diarrhea curse too! I know that Darla had mentioned before that "someone" was reading previous threads. Read on peeps because there will be more.

Stacy

Yeah, like I want this type of person to be my doctor.

These people sound like real prizes. Best thing to do is just remove them from society.

Drugs, alcohol, torture, video games. Stabbing a horse in the heart with a broken mallet. Hearing an animal screaming but too selfish to even call the police. Sounds like a fun weekend.

Real princes. Let me know what prison they go to and I'll see if I can arrange for regular gang rapes.

Why do I have the feeling that this isn't the first time the perpetrator has tortured animals???? Hmmmm...... shades of Virginia Tech.

Default Disgusting

As an Aggie alumni, this absolutely horrifies me. I hope they rot in jail for as long as is legally possible.

I also hope that this haunts them the rest of their life, in their dreams, in their thoughts, in their community, in their work life. I hope that someone is sure to inform any of their employers, friends and girlfriends what they did, and makes sure they can't ever just walk away from this after they've served their time.

What kind of monsters would do such a thing? Really, it's almost beyond comprehension.

What kind of parents did these boys have?

It's horrifying. What they did was evil. Pure evil.

I hope justice is served.