The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
 
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 139
  1. #41
    Join Date
    Jun. 17, 2001
    Location
    chilliwack b.c.
    Posts
    1,412

    Smile

    It starts at 8pm my time,so i am going to go ride now.........................supper is in the crock pot and all i have to do is relax and watch the show when it starts.
    mm



  2. #42
    Join Date
    Mar. 22, 2004
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,163

    Default

    I'm LOVING the house they're building... can't wait to see the barn.
    Platinum Equestrian - Florida, USA



  3. #43
    Join Date
    Dec. 29, 1999
    Location
    Harrisburg, PA USA
    Posts
    8,623

    Default

    Ok, did anyone else think the house and barn were actually not that bad to begin with? I mean, compared to the other places the show has repaired.



  4. #44
    Join Date
    May. 17, 2003
    Location
    Ontario-ari-ario!
    Posts
    709

    Default

    Does anyone else think the house is a bit much? I'm sorry, but if I were up at 5:30 every morning and in bed at 11, I don't know I'd want a house that big to look after
    Do you think maybe it comes with a Molly Maid, too?



  5. #45
    Join Date
    Jun. 12, 2003
    Posts
    360

    Default

    Ok I have to ask: When he was talking about the new tack room did he say girdles insted of girths? haha



  6. #46
    Join Date
    May. 17, 2003
    Location
    Ontario-ari-ario!
    Posts
    709

    Default

    He definitely said girdles. My roommate and I have been laughing through the whole show. Don't get me wrong, I love that they're helping people out, but it just doesn't always seem practical. The homes always seem waaaaaay over the top for me.



  7. #47
    Join Date
    Jan. 31, 2006
    Posts
    109

    Default

    he did! i am so glad you heard it too... my DH said i just heard him wrong. maybe he was trying to say bridles and girths and got them mixed up.



  8. #48
    Join Date
    Sep. 1, 2004
    Location
    north of Atlanta GA
    Posts
    3,822

    Default

    My horse could use a girdle.



  9. #49
    Join Date
    Mar. 22, 2004
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Honu View Post
    Ok I have to ask: When he was talking about the new tack room did he say girdles insted of girths? haha
    HE DID, we were laughing too...
    Platinum Equestrian - Florida, USA



  10. #50
    Join Date
    Apr. 8, 2004
    Location
    The Great, uh, Green (?!?!) North!
    Posts
    4,257

    Default

    That's ok. Ty just called the indoor a "rink".
    "Adulthood? You're playing with ponies. That is, like, every 9 year old girl's dream. Adulthood?? You're rocking the HELL out of grade 6, girl."



  11. #51
    Join Date
    Jul. 8, 2006
    Location
    Just outside the middle of nowhere
    Posts
    134

    Default

    Did anyone else notice the walkway of rubber bricks going around the indoor ring? That would drive me crazy! I totally agree with the house being over the top. Nice house, just HUGE! Their mudroom is nicer than my entire house!
    There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man. ~Winston Churchill



  12. #52
    Join Date
    Nov. 13, 2005
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    4,274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ibex View Post
    That's ok. Ty just called the indoor a "rink".
    That kept making me laugh! That and catching horses is apparently "wrangling". I never knew!



  13. #53
    Join Date
    Oct. 3, 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    5,326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_horse1095 View Post
    Did anyone else notice the walkway of rubber bricks going around the indoor ring? That would drive me crazy! I totally agree with the house being over the top. Nice house, just HUGE! Their mudroom is nicer than my entire house!
    I wondered about those bricks too... But that's an indoor "rink" you know - just ask Ty!

    House is way too big - but I would love to have that mudroom!



  14. #54
    Join Date
    Jul. 13, 2006
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    676

    Default

    I was wondering about the huge house too, but then Ty said that Renee likes to have all of the families over of the folks they serve, and couldn't do it in their old house.

    I don't get the rubber pavers on one side of the indoor either.

    BUT, it was totally cool, and Renee totally deserves it. What a wonderful program!



  15. #55
    Join Date
    Dec. 16, 2001
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SmallHerd View Post
    I was wondering about the huge house too, but then Ty said that Renee likes to have all of the families over of the folks they serve, and couldn't do it in their old house.

    I don't get the rubber pavers on one side of the indoor either.

    BUT, it was totally cool, and Renee totally deserves it. What a wonderful program!
    Perhaps the pavers help those riders who arrive in wheelchairs.
    It's all fun and games until someone pulls a shoe....



  16. #56
    Join Date
    Jun. 28, 2007
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    1,100

    Default

    isnt that place going to be really expensive to upkeep? i know they where givin a 50k check for the house but what happens when that runs out? do they have enough funds coming in to keep it payed for? a 4000+ sq foot house is huge and expensive i think its a wee bit over the top. but overall i enjoyed the show
    MIDWAY SOCCER 08' First Season!!!!!!



  17. #57
    Join Date
    Jul. 8, 2006
    Location
    Just outside the middle of nowhere
    Posts
    134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fallbrook View Post
    Perhaps the pavers help those riders who arrive in wheelchairs.
    True, but aren't the mounting areas in another part of the barn? So theoretically wouldn't they already be on the horses?
    There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man. ~Winston Churchill



  18. #58
    Join Date
    Feb. 8, 2007
    Posts
    3,424

    Default

    Although a part of me really worries about the cost of taxes, upkeep, etc. for this family, like everyone else, I'm really thrilled for them. The crew did an amazing job within a week timeframe! And I don't know about anyone else, but I was really moved and touched by the guy (Mike, I believe) who they interviewed on horseback. I think he and Renee really exemplified what it's all about for us crazy horse people, in that no matter what the obstacles may be, we've got to pick ourselves up and get right back on. Kudos to everyone involved with this!
    "Promote what you believe instead of bashing what you hate."

    Five year olds are fun!



  19. #59
    Join Date
    Dec. 29, 1999
    Location
    Harrisburg, PA USA
    Posts
    8,623

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elmerandharriet View Post
    isnt that place going to be really expensive to upkeep? i know they where givin a 50k check for the house but what happens when that runs out? do they have enough funds coming in to keep it payed for? a 4000+ sq foot house is huge and expensive i think its a wee bit over the top. but overall i enjoyed the show
    The article NeverTime linked to said it's even bigger: 5,000 sq. feet. That is a HUGE house for 3 people, having people over or not. In the comments linked to that article, even the President of the riding center (which is a 501(c)3 corporation) admitted the house is over the top.

    Maybe now they can do a lot more - I'm thinking with so many, many maimed soldiers at Walter Reed - maybe they could come.



  20. #60
    Join Date
    Dec. 16, 2001
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_horse1095 View Post
    True, but aren't the mounting areas in another part of the barn? So theoretically wouldn't they already be on the horses?
    Sorry - I don't know. I just recall seeing that they put a covered drive outside
    the arena and mentioned in bad weather they could go right into the indoor.
    It's all fun and games until someone pulls a shoe....



Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 147
    Last Post: Nov. 15, 2003, 07:59 AM
  2. TB's for you to take home
    By enjoytheride in forum Off Course
    Replies: 109
    Last Post: Oct. 7, 2003, 10:54 PM
  3. Weight loss surgery & riding L.O.A
    By AWIP in forum Off Course
    Replies: 102
    Last Post: Sep. 11, 2003, 08:47 AM
  4. Replies: 164
    Last Post: Sep. 8, 2003, 06:58 PM
  5. Riding to music - what tempo's for each gait?
    By BoldChance in forum Favorites
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: May. 28, 2003, 01:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •