The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Default Fair Hill CCI***

I can't believe its already next week!

There aren't any stats on the Fair Hill website... Does anyone happen to know approximately how many spectators FH typically gets on a pretty weekend when it doesn't rain?

Thanks!

Default Are you going?

I found some stats somewhere that said 15,000. I asked them about this and they said exactly what the OP said - they can get that on a pretty weekend when it doesn't rain! Otherwise much lower. So, how many of those 15,000 are reading this?! Are you going? Competing? Grooming? Spectating? Volunteering? SHOPPING!?

volunteering and cheering on Sat.

volunteering and definitely shopping!
    OTTBs rule, but spots are good too!

I'll be there all weekend. Spectating on Friday and volunteering on Saturday and Sunday. From what I heard the spectator parking will be at the racing barns and everyone will be bussed over.

which is another great reason to volunteer, close in parking
    OTTBs rule, but spots are good too!

I'll be spectating on Saturday and maybe Friday. I might just leave my credit card in the car so I don't shop!
    Take Your Equestrian Business to the Next Level: http://www.mythiclanding.com/
    Follow me at http://mythiclanding.blogspot.com or http://twitter.com/mythiclanding

We are going on sat to watch. Mythical, I'll one up you- I am leaving my credit cards at home!! Now if I can only actually do that....
    "Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson~

SpoiledHorse and I are outriding. Come say hi to the paint and the dk bay tb.

Quote Originally Posted by mosmom View Post
    I'll be there all weekend. Spectating on Friday and volunteering on Saturday and Sunday. From what I heard the spectator parking will be at the racing barns and everyone will be bussed over.
    I'll be there on Saturday, maybe parts of Friday and/or Sunday, but definitely all day on Saturday.

Parking at the racing barns will cut down on the potential for spending money, since it will be harder to schlep bulky items back to the car and then return to the event! Whew. But I do remember last year I had to get towed *into* the parking lot due to mud on xc day, so maybe they got tired of having to haul everyone in & out with the tractor?

I think I will be there Saturday
    Hopefully, they will have figured out the bus thing this year- they were caught totally flatfooted last year (I think it was last year) when x-c was over and all these people wanted to leave and they had not a single bus ready and it took a while to get any of them there.
    There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man.(Churchill)

I know we're still a little ways out but some good news...

We recorded a full inch of rain last night over 4 hours or so of soaking rain. As far as I know Fair Hill's courses received the same rain totals.

This is good news because we had gone 23 days without rain and this total combined with another 3/4's of an inch the day before has hopefully removed some of the sting from the ground. Maybe not a lot, but its something.

~Emily
    "Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgment that something is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever but the cautious do not live at all." ~2001 The Princess Diaries

I've been SO excited about Fair Hill since the day we got back from Jersey Fresh. haha. I am supposed to fly up on Tuesday evening. Several kinks have come up this week and I'm not sure how they'll play out yet... I'm supposed to be grooming for two riders (each with just one horse). One of my riders is considering Scratching and just waiting for Jersey next year as the horse is fairly new in the barn. My other rider, who I work for full time, got an interesting injury at the barn on Monday after Morven and isn't sure if she'll be able to ride. *sigh* Competing at this level is SO frustrating and unpredictable!!! lol

So I'm still not sure where I'll be next week. Sunday I would have told you I'll be there with 2 charges, now I'm not sure if I'll have any. I'm hoping that even if none of my horses can run I will still fill my seat on the plane and go up for the week to be with everyone and help Mike out. Worst case scenario I'll be here taking care of the barn again all week next week. I am going to be SO sad if I don't get to go!!!

Em, glad to hear about the rain....as much as I would like it to rain here, I'm very happy you all are getting it. As long as you send it down here when the event is over!

I will almost definitely be up on Saturday, as well as the boss, I'm sure. Looking forward to it, that's for sure! I missed it terribly last year!

I'll be there, probably with GRC but either way, I will have my camera.
    Lindsay

Check out my blog at http://lindsayberreth.com

My Mom and I are going to watch on Saturday-can't wait!

Grooming...and shopping!!!!

I'll be attending for the first time! Has anyone purchased tickets online? Are tickets mailed to you in advance, or do you pick them up there? The site doesn't say.

Also, what time does the XC typically end on Saturday?

Go Kelly List and Minstral!!!!

If someone takes pics can they try to get some pics of this pair for me?

I'll be attending for the first time! Has anyone purchased tickets online? Are tickets mailed to you in advance, or do you pick them up there? The site doesn't say.
    If you order tickets on line you bring your printed receipt to the gate and they will have your tickets there.