The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default How do I contact a moderator about a problem thread?

If you see a thread that you think is in violation of the rules, is posted in the wrong forum and should be moved, or otherwise needs moderator attention, please use the post alert function. This function will send a message to all the moderators with a link to the post you are alerting about.

Send the moderators an alert by clicking the triangular icon in the lower left corner of the post.

Sending a post alert is much preferred over sending an email or PM to one moderator -- primarily because if you send me an email or PM and I happen to be away from the computer for the day, none of the other moderators will know there's a problem. Also, it's much easier for us to have the direct link to the post (which is automatically included in your post alert), than to get an email telling us we need to go look at "that nasty thread in the dressage forum," which means we have to go searching around and try to figure out exactly what thread you're talking about.

One alert is sufficient, although if something different happens later in the same thread, you can alert us again. Usually we keep checking back on threads that people have alerted us to, but it's always possible we miss something.

Please also see the post alert function etiquette thread.
    Last edited by Moderator 1; Nov. 15, 2012 at 02:37 PM.