The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 72 1231151 ... LastLast

Default Crossed Sabers: so sorry, but we're closing down!

If this was posted before, my apologies. However, I think this is a new development:http://www.crossedsabers.com/ABOUT%2...Black_List.htm

I edited the title to reflect the correct "rescue". Sorry for the misleading past title.
    Last edited by AnotherRound; Oct. 4, 2007 at 08:36 AM.
    Airborne? Oh. Yes, he can take a joke. Once. After that, the joke's on you.

Oh, this was already posted on the "Black List" thread. So sorry.

That's about the least professional "press release" statement I've ever read.
    A good horseman doesn't have to tell anyone...the horse already knows.

Might be a reason, never an excuse...

I wonder if she's really (finally) under IRS investigation...
    "smile a lot can let us ride happy,it is good thing"

My CANTER blog.

Dang it, by the title of the thread, I was hoping CBER (Columbia Basin Equine Rescue) was shutting down.

I got my hopes up for nothing

Oh, well, I will just keep waiting for that announcement to be posted one of these days

Does anyone here personally know these people? I don't have time to read ALL of the stuff they have written (not that I want to) I just can't believe how weird the whole situation is. Are the people on their black list really "bad" people or what? Jeepers, what a wreck.

Quote Originally Posted by shireluver View Post
    Dang it, by the title of the thread, I was hoping CBER (Columbia Basin Equine Rescue) was shutting down.

Oh, well, I will just keep waiting for that announcement to be posted one of these days

What's with these people, the Columbia Basin Equine Rescue??? I think I send them a donation in the last year or two, big mistake eh??
    http://www.talloaksfarm.net ---"Success is not final, failure is not fatal; it is the courage to continue that counts." --- Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by talloaks View Post
    What's with these people, the Columbia Basin Equine Rescue??? I think I send them a donation in the last year or two, big mistake eh??
    Oh my! Please do not start that trainwreck.... PM me if you need more info
    HaHA! Made-est Thou Look!

Quote Originally Posted by talloaks View Post
    I would say so... but the past is past, just move on. =)
    Every mighty oak was once a nut that stood its ground.

Proud Closet Canterer! Member Riders with Fibromyalgia clique.

"We will be raising money to move back to our old farm"

Goodness! As if she didn't raise far more than enough to move to her current exceptionally luxurious accommodations.
    --o0o--

They do this about once a year.......it seems to have become their annual fundraiser. I've never seen anything quite like it.

Do a google search on Crossed Sabers, Second Wind Adoption and their 'Executor".

If you've got about 6 hours with nothing to do, go to this COTH thread and read away. It will reveal some very interesting things.

http://www.chronicleforums.com/Forum...ad.php?t=69766

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherRound View Post
    If this was posted before, my apologies. However, I think this is a new development:http://www.crossedsabers.com/ABOUT%2...Black_List.htm
    They've changed it on the website. This is the original:

Sadly, we've realized we must close down the adoption program. No one is adopting the dogs or the horses and we can't afford to keep them. Tomorrow I'm due another feed delivery that costs us $1680. for each delivery and only lasts us a month and we don't have the money. Additionally I've realized that I've moved in with a man who is a liar, a slob and an alcoholic and he does not care about these animals at all, he's selfish and only cares about himself. I believe he even lied about his horse experience as he is dangerous in the barn. He's drunk most mornings by about 8am and even drives drunk so he's going to kill someone. I really want no part of that, he just has some serious problems and dishonesty that we just can't live with.

This does not release any adopters from their adoption contracts and we will continue to help adopters place their horses from their homes when they can no longer keep them. I will continue to do this forever and be around to enforce and support the existing contracts with adopters but we are no longer taking horses and dogs here and we must place all these animals that we have immediately as we just do not have the funds to take care of them or feed them. This is an urgent request that should be cross posted, we need homes for all these horses and dogs.

We will be raising money to move back to our old farm and maybe eventually we can get on our feet to eventually and start over but I suspect it may take years to repair this damage that has taken place from this upheaval and the months we spent preparing for the move, the move itself and the months that its taken us to get settled in and be functional. Anyone who has the heart to help it would be much appreciated. It cost us at least 12.5k to move and sadly we are no where where we should be to be ready for winter so we may even lose our old farm. Ed promised to help us get stable but he's now reneging on all his promises. That is what I get for trusting someone.

Thank you all for your continued friendship, inspiration and support,

Celeita A.Kramer
    Celeita A. Kramer, Founder, Executor & Stable Owner
    SWAP International HQ at Crossed Sabers Stable
    New Address: HC 69 Box 28, Rt 18 Josephs Mills, Alma, WV 26320
    Office: 304-758-2384 or 304-758-2471,
    Guest House: 304-758-2390 Stable: 304-758-2352
    web site: http://www.crossedsabers.com/

"Where Dreams become Reality, See the Vision, Live the Dream"
    Celebrating 11 years of service to horses and the horse Industry, 1996 - 2007

Not like CBER isn't getting the cash cow working directly with a feedlot operator.

Buck$$$$$$$

Shame on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimee Thanatogenus View Post
    Not like CBER isn't getting the cash cow working directly with a feedlot operator.

Buck$$$$$$$

Shame on them.

You're right about CBER, but the above quote was from Crossed Sabers.

Never ceases to amaze (and depress. and disgust.) me how vulnerable entitites whether they be horses, dogs, cats, or even human children bring out the psychos who claim to be saving while really they cause far more harm then those they rant against.

Even more depressing is seeing how good they are at recruiting well-meaning, innocent dupes to their cause. <shaking head> I see at least 2 'rescue' groups that were recommended by innocent well-meaning folk on today's board alone that I wouldn't trust with my childhood Breyer collection, let alone a living horse.

I miss ignorance...I slept a lot better at night back then.

Default Me too....

Quote Originally Posted by shireluver View Post

Euthanasia is taking their pain away and making it your own. ~ Laurierace

Gee, I was getting all excited thinking that not one, but two questionable rescues were closing down!

Another Round, you may want to edit your subject line so that people aren't confused. CBER and SWAP/Crossed Sabres are not the same rescue.
    Delicious strawberry flavored death!

Boy, I guess I missed a lot. I too thought it was CBER but never heard of Crossed Sabres. Are they affiliated seeing as they use the same initials and hey, you guys helped pay for her move????????????????????From WV to WA. wow. Now she needs to move back to the old farm which wasnt good enough then????????
    Our horses are not seen as the old and disabled they may have become, but rather as the mighty steeds they once believed themselves to be.

Sunkissed Acres Rescue and Retirement

I agree, please correct the title to ease keeping the crappy, wanna be rescues straight.

Wow, did I ever blow this thread. Sorry. Crossed Sabers. Dang. Really sorry. I'll try to fix the title. Have to find out how.

So, there is a discussion about this going on another thread, and maybe Erin can close this one.
    http://www.chronicleforums.com/Forum...=69766&page=40