The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
 
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 87
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov. 3, 2005
    Location
    McMinnville, Oregon
    Posts
    312

    Default Anyone know where Capone is?

    I have a friend who needs to locate Capone's owners for a signature on registration papers. I know he is (or perhaps was) a GP jumper and is an approved Holsteiner stallion.

    Does anyone know how to find him?

    Foxdale Farm
    www.foxdalefarm.us



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb. 9, 2000
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    1,031

    Default

    Popcorn, getcher popcorn right here!

    Couldn't resist. Seriously Foxdale Farm, do a search, this topic got quite a bit of discussion last week.



  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct. 8, 2002
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    9,825

    Default

    Capone is in hiding, somewhere along the Afghanistan/Pakistan border.


    (seriously, there appears to be some dispute about ownership, from the bits I've heard, so it may be a while before you get that signature)
    Last edited by caffeinated; Oct. 3, 2007 at 11:36 AM. Reason: to add the serious line.
    "smile a lot can let us ride happy,it is good thing"

    My CANTER blog.



  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct. 14, 2000
    Location
    Now In the Sandhills, NC mostly
    Posts
    6,784

    Default

    I heard he was seen on the back of a Moroccan grape picker last? Was that not him??



  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov. 1, 2005
    Location
    The Prairie
    Posts
    5,472

    Default

    I would contact any registries he is registered with (not necesarily approved by) and see what is listed on his papers re: any change of ownership. And see if the currently listed owner can be located for the signature. It is not so much about where the horse is but where the owner is. While there may be dispute about ownership currently, I would think your friend's registry would have to to accept the signature of whoever is currently listed.

    Whoever owns the horse (or purports to own the horse) would want to be helpful, I would think, so that people aren't scared away from using this lovely horse because of, shall we say, difficulties with respect to the ownership.
    I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food.



  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug. 1, 2002
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    6,178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FairWeather View Post
    I heard he was seen on the back of a Moroccan grape picker last? Was that not him??

    I thought Osama was riding him around the mountains of Afghanistan??



  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov. 3, 2005
    Location
    McMinnville, Oregon
    Posts
    312

    Default

    Thanks for the helpful suggestions. The filly is 2 years old and is 1/2 Arabian. I'll try to get a hold of Corrine to see if I can get anywhere with it. It's not such a big deal to me personally, just trying to help out a friend.



  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb. 26, 2002
    Location
    Up Nort whar tis COLD
    Posts
    6,778



  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar. 10, 2006
    Location
    New Minas, Nova Scotia
    Posts
    1,787

    Default

    I have seen the horse jumping in Ocala last year. He is really a nice animal. Don't know the owners but hear plenty of crap in their regard. Mostly on here.

    What I find amazing about the very nature of these forums is trashing a person seems almost fun for some and often encouraged by threads that go on for days, yet if you rethink the process is this not another form of black advertising , and for even having mentioned the word ADVERTISING our very existence here is punishable by banishment and branded for life, and the most highly respected and well liked owners of some of the very best stallions who we may today worship and adore spend hard earned dollars to receive a modest breeding book per year for paying top dollars to place ads in cluttered poorly constructed publications which may one year print nicely and the following be one step above toilet paper, so I ask you all where is the justice?

    The sour notes of truth....



  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct. 26, 2005
    Location
    Deep South
    Posts
    4,601

    Default

    Hmmmm...the justice was served if I remember well. And maybe that's why Capone is MIA.
    SPAY/NEUTER/RESCUE/ADOPT!
    Little Star Chihuahua Rescue
    The Barkalicious Bakery
    On Facebook!!!



  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec. 30, 2000
    Location
    The land of heat waves and unbearable humidity
    Posts
    4,044

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hocus Focus View Post
    I have seen the horse jumping in Ocala last year. He is really a nice animal. Don't know the owners but hear plenty of crap in their regard. Mostly on here.

    What I find amazing about the very nature of these forums is trashing a person seems almost fun for some and often encouraged by threads that go on for days.....<snip>

    The sour notes of truth....
    Could someone please PM Hocus Focus the link that shows what Mr. Spink does to his horses and his dogs. After what I saw I wanted to claw my eyes out. Didn't feel right for 3 weeks.

    I hope Mr. Spink never gets Capone back and I hope Kyle King would get ownership.
    "Common sense is so rare nowadays, it should be classified as a super power."-Craig Bear Laubscher



  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar. 10, 2006
    Location
    New Minas, Nova Scotia
    Posts
    1,787

    Default

    Like I said, I do not know the owners. I just know of the horse and I am not sure dirty laundry should have its place here, but I guess in today's society that is called "NEWS".



  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun. 4, 2001
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    4,222

    Default

    Reg- the stallion manager is not being trashed at all. I've only heard positive comments regarding her and the management of the stallion The stallion owner is a whole nother ball of wax. Before you chastise, you probably need to go research the owner. I think you'll understand why the owner is not spoken well of on this forum.
    "Sometimes you just have to shut up and color."



  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar. 10, 2006
    Location
    New Minas, Nova Scotia
    Posts
    1,787

    Default

    This may well be the case and you may well be correct. I do not have all of the information to form judgement, nor do I consider it my place to do so.



  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct. 8, 2002
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    9,825

    Default

    Maybe it's not our place...

    But I have this dream of doing business with ethical people. If I'm buying, breeding, selling, whatever- I like to know my money is going to someone who does the right things, who doesn't partake in potentially abusive behavior, etc.

    It's along the same lines as not wanting to take lessons with Paul Valliere. For the same reason, I would not want to put money in the owner's pocket- in a way it's rewarding him and condoning (on some level) the twisted things he's done (in addition to the criminal things he's done). Maybe I'm naive, I don't know.

    I really hope that all of this is ironed out to the horse's benefit- he's really an amazing stallion with a lot to offer.

    As for the specific "rumors"- if you don't want something to be public/common knowledge, you don't put it on the internet.
    "smile a lot can let us ride happy,it is good thing"

    My CANTER blog.



  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb. 9, 2000
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    1,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hocus Focus View Post
    This may well be the case and you may well be correct. I do not have all of the information to form judgement, nor do I consider it my place to do so.
    But do so you do.



  17. #17
    Join Date
    Nov. 1, 2005
    Location
    The Prairie
    Posts
    5,472

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caffeinated View Post
    Maybe it's not our place...

    But I have this dream of doing business with ethical people. If I'm buying, breeding, selling, whatever- I like to know my money is going to someone who does the right things, who doesn't partake in potentially abusive behavior, etc.

    It's along the same lines as not wanting to take lessons with Paul Valliere. For the same reason, I would not want to put money in the owner's pocket- in a way it's rewarding him and condoning (on some level) the twisted things he's done (in addition to the criminal things he's done). Maybe I'm naive, I don't know.

    I really hope that all of this is ironed out to the horse's benefit- he's really an amazing stallion with a lot to offer.

    As for the specific "rumors"- if you don't want something to be public/common knowledge, you don't put it on the internet.
    As usual you are a voice of reason
    I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food.



  18. #18
    Join Date
    Oct. 23, 2000
    Posts
    1,914

    Default

    And especially don't put it on the internet with graphic pictures.

    There is a line between taking the high road and staying out of the business of others, and hiding your head in the sand. If you knew someone was, for example, a child molester, or an animal abuser, or into beastiality, or other criminal activity, and your attitude is "That's none of my business!", then you're probably on the wrong side of that not-so-fine line.

    It's really not in the same universe as being banned from a BB.



  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb. 14, 2005
    Posts
    420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nikki^ View Post
    Could someone please PM Hocus Focus the link that shows what Mr. Spink does to his horses and his dogs. After what I saw I wanted to claw my eyes out. Didn't feel right for 3 weeks.

    I hope Mr. Spink never gets Capone back and I hope Kyle King would get ownership.
    AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Dog hair, it's whats for dinner



  20. #20
    Join Date
    Mar. 10, 2006
    Location
    New Minas, Nova Scotia
    Posts
    1,787

    Default

    Thanks for the offer but No thanks. It is not something I personally would get any enjoyment out of, and that is partially the point that seems to not be noted here.



Similar Threads

  1. CAPONE I **NEWSFLASH**
    By dbaygirl in forum Sport Horse Breeding
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Jul. 2, 2011, 11:06 AM
  2. Capone the Comeback Kid
    By ptownevt in forum Hunter/Jumper
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: Feb. 20, 2011, 04:50 AM
  3. Spink has Capone back
    By tegotong in forum Hunter/Jumper
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: Oct. 17, 2009, 05:49 PM
  4. Yet more drama for Capone
    By Rival in forum Sport Horse Breeding
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: May. 21, 2008, 02:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •