The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Anyone know where Capone is?

I have a friend who needs to locate Capone's owners for a signature on registration papers. I know he is (or perhaps was) a GP jumper and is an approved Holsteiner stallion.

Does anyone know how to find him?

Foxdale Farm
    www.foxdalefarm.us

Popcorn, getcher popcorn right here!

Couldn't resist. Seriously Foxdale Farm, do a search, this topic got quite a bit of discussion last week.

Capone is in hiding, somewhere along the Afghanistan/Pakistan border.

(seriously, there appears to be some dispute about ownership, from the bits I've heard, so it may be a while before you get that signature)
    Last edited by caffeinated; Oct. 3, 2007 at 11:36 AM. Reason: to add the serious line.
    "smile a lot can let us ride happy,it is good thing"

My CANTER blog.

I heard he was seen on the back of a Moroccan grape picker last? Was that not him??

I would contact any registries he is registered with (not necesarily approved by) and see what is listed on his papers re: any change of ownership. And see if the currently listed owner can be located for the signature. It is not so much about where the horse is but where the owner is. While there may be dispute about ownership currently, I would think your friend's registry would have to to accept the signature of whoever is currently listed.

Whoever owns the horse (or purports to own the horse) would want to be helpful, I would think, so that people aren't scared away from using this lovely horse because of, shall we say, difficulties with respect to the ownership.
    I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food.

Quote Originally Posted by FairWeather View Post
    I heard he was seen on the back of a Moroccan grape picker last? Was that not him??

I thought Osama was riding him around the mountains of Afghanistan??

Thanks for the helpful suggestions. The filly is 2 years old and is 1/2 Arabian. I'll try to get a hold of Corrine to see if I can get anywhere with it. It's not such a big deal to me personally, just trying to help out a friend.

I have seen the horse jumping in Ocala last year. He is really a nice animal. Don't know the owners but hear plenty of crap in their regard. Mostly on here.

What I find amazing about the very nature of these forums is trashing a person seems almost fun for some and often encouraged by threads that go on for days, yet if you rethink the process is this not another form of black advertising , and for even having mentioned the word ADVERTISING our very existence here is punishable by banishment and branded for life, and the most highly respected and well liked owners of some of the very best stallions who we may today worship and adore spend hard earned dollars to receive a modest breeding book per year for paying top dollars to place ads in cluttered poorly constructed publications which may one year print nicely and the following be one step above toilet paper, so I ask you all where is the justice?

The sour notes of truth....

Hmmmm...the justice was served if I remember well. And maybe that's why Capone is MIA.
    SPAY/NEUTER/RESCUE/ADOPT!
    Little Star Chihuahua Rescue
    The Barkalicious Bakery
    On Facebook!!!

The land of heat waves and unbearable humidity

Quote Originally Posted by Hocus Focus View Post
    I have seen the horse jumping in Ocala last year. He is really a nice animal. Don't know the owners but hear plenty of crap in their regard. Mostly on here.

What I find amazing about the very nature of these forums is trashing a person seems almost fun for some and often encouraged by threads that go on for days.....<snip>

The sour notes of truth....
    Could someone please PM Hocus Focus the link that shows what Mr. Spink does to his horses and his dogs. After what I saw I wanted to claw my eyes out. Didn't feel right for 3 weeks.

I hope Mr. Spink never gets Capone back and I hope Kyle King would get ownership.
    "Common sense is so rare nowadays, it should be classified as a super power."-Craig Bear Laubscher

Like I said, I do not know the owners. I just know of the horse and I am not sure dirty laundry should have its place here, but I guess in today's society that is called "NEWS".

Reg- the stallion manager is not being trashed at all. I've only heard positive comments regarding her and the management of the stallion The stallion owner is a whole nother ball of wax. Before you chastise, you probably need to go research the owner. I think you'll understand why the owner is not spoken well of on this forum.
    "Sometimes you just have to shut up and color."

This may well be the case and you may well be correct. I do not have all of the information to form judgement, nor do I consider it my place to do so.

Maybe it's not our place...

But I have this dream of doing business with ethical people. If I'm buying, breeding, selling, whatever- I like to know my money is going to someone who does the right things, who doesn't partake in potentially abusive behavior, etc.

It's along the same lines as not wanting to take lessons with Paul Valliere. For the same reason, I would not want to put money in the owner's pocket- in a way it's rewarding him and condoning (on some level) the twisted things he's done (in addition to the criminal things he's done). Maybe I'm naive, I don't know.

I really hope that all of this is ironed out to the horse's benefit- he's really an amazing stallion with a lot to offer.

As for the specific "rumors"- if you don't want something to be public/common knowledge, you don't put it on the internet.
    "smile a lot can let us ride happy,it is good thing"

My CANTER blog.

Quote Originally Posted by Hocus Focus View Post
    This may well be the case and you may well be correct. I do not have all of the information to form judgement, nor do I consider it my place to do so.
    But do so you do.

Quote Originally Posted by caffeinated View Post
    Maybe it's not our place...

But I have this dream of doing business with ethical people. If I'm buying, breeding, selling, whatever- I like to know my money is going to someone who does the right things, who doesn't partake in potentially abusive behavior, etc.

It's along the same lines as not wanting to take lessons with Paul Valliere. For the same reason, I would not want to put money in the owner's pocket- in a way it's rewarding him and condoning (on some level) the twisted things he's done (in addition to the criminal things he's done). Maybe I'm naive, I don't know.

I really hope that all of this is ironed out to the horse's benefit- he's really an amazing stallion with a lot to offer.

As for the specific "rumors"- if you don't want something to be public/common knowledge, you don't put it on the internet.
    As usual you are a voice of reason
    I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food.

And especially don't put it on the internet with graphic pictures.

There is a line between taking the high road and staying out of the business of others, and hiding your head in the sand. If you knew someone was, for example, a child molester, or an animal abuser, or into beastiality, or other criminal activity, and your attitude is "That's none of my business!", then you're probably on the wrong side of that not-so-fine line.

It's really not in the same universe as being banned from a BB.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikki^ View Post
    Could someone please PM Hocus Focus the link that shows what Mr. Spink does to his horses and his dogs. After what I saw I wanted to claw my eyes out. Didn't feel right for 3 weeks.

I hope Mr. Spink never gets Capone back and I hope Kyle King would get ownership.
    AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Dog hair, it's whats for dinner

Thanks for the offer but No thanks. It is not something I personally would get any enjoyment out of, and that is partially the point that seems to not be noted here.