The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Default Misita

Misita- Nick B. was at our BWP inspection doing the running and he spoke VERY highly of your boy Best of luck, It sounds like things are working out for your boy and the others!!

Chris, you said quite a few times that you were going to take the foals from that mare that didn't make it into the Oldenburg Verband main mare book to the ISR/Oldna. Did you change your mind? Edgar, just because Chris conjures up stuff and denies things doesn't make them less true.

I guess some of you think that the 3rd party investigators of the Federation should be some of those vultures. Just goes to show the absolute lack of respect for integrity you guys have especially since NO ONE here has wanted to do away with stallion testing and many, including SOs who have stallions at the current test, are very happy that the changes were made. You should be ashamed of yourselves for not being more open and vocally supportive to the much needed control systems implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by tri View Post
    Chris, you said quite a few times that you were going to take the foals from that mare that didn't make it into the Oldenburg Verband main mare book to the ISR/Oldna. Did you change your mind? Edgar, just because Chris conjures up stuff and denies things doesn't make them less true.
    Holy moley, where did you come with THAT? I have never had any intention to take my mares and foals to ISR/ONA! In fact, I have stated on numerous occasions that no one is going to put the Oldenburg brand on my foals without the permission of the Oldenburg Verband. Talk about conjuring up stuff!

Nope, you said it more than once. You said it might be the only choice you could make because of the circumstance of, I believe it was, the sire of that filly you bred.

I would never had said such a thing. That filly is sired by Feiner Stern, who isn't even approved by ISR/ONA - but is approved by plenty of other registries, including Oldenburg (GOV), AHS, RPSI, Westfalen, and Swedish. I had PLENTY of options for getting that filly approved, and in fact, she is now in the Oldenburg pre-mare book - which is just fine with me.

Default full speed ahead

Quote Originally Posted by Dressage-ryder View Post
    Misita- Nick B. was at our BWP inspection doing the running and he spoke VERY highly of your boy Best of luck, It sounds like things are working out for your boy and the others!!
    Thank you for that!!! I know he's fabulous...but I have rose colored glasses at times. All my friends tell me he's the best....But their worried about me never speaking to them again. Just kidding!!!! It is fabulous to hear someone not emotionally involved with me or my boy likes him too. So now we're moving full speed ahead and he's still healthy today, I just talked with Helmut, and he's in full training!! Yahoo! Thank you for your good wishes!

Those of you who are intent on making this into a personal snipefest: Stop. Now. This is your one and only warning before the thread gets closed, which will leave you bereft of sniping opportunities. And you certainly don't want that, now do you?

Ok Erin. Downyonder lets not fight. It was a long time ago that we talked and I guess it was a problem with the dam's sire then instead of the the sire. You told me that the Old inspectors said she would have made the main marebook if there wasn't some sort of problem with his approval or something to that effect. I am not dissing the quality of your mare. Maybe you just meant that you would have to go with the Oldna if the Verband pulled out of the U.S. after the brand issue or maybe you were just talking about options.

Default Who do you think will be the 2007 winner?

I am curious if any nonbiased comments could be made on who is looking like the favorite in the test this year. Any predictions at this point who will come out on top?

Quote Originally Posted by tri View Post
    Ok Erin. Downyonder lets not fight. It was a long time ago that we talked and I guess it was a problem with the dam's sire then instead of the the sire. You told me that the Old inspectors said she would have made the main marebook if there wasn't some sort of problem with his approval or something to that effect. I am not dissing the quality of your mare. Maybe you just meant that you would have to go with the Oldna if the Verband pulled out of the U.S. after the brand issue or maybe you were just talking about options.
    ISR/ONA would have accepted my filly's dam into its MMB, Oldenburg would not because her sire was a non-approved Hanoverian. No matter, I still chose Oldenburg because - and I repeat - no one is going to put the Oldenburg brand on my foals without permission of the Oldenburg Verband. So just because I said that ISR/ONA would accept my mare into its MMB doesn't mean that I intended to go there. At any rate, we are very far off topic so I am considering this conversation closed.