The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thank you, not again. I also have been breeding with the AHS for over twenty years.
    "We don't ride the clock. We ride the horse." Reiner Klimke.
    http://community.webshots.com/user/arnikaelf

Quote Originally Posted by not again View Post
    DY: You may say that you have been around warmblood breeding for ten years or so, but many people like me have been at it a great deal longer. I put up the money to start the treasury of the AHS in the mid seventies, and am the first founding life member. My family has been breeding warmbloods a great deal longer than that. Be careful of offending people when you start showing your ignorance.
    Excuse me? Where did I say I have only been around warmblood breeding for ten years? I have been around this game since the early 80's - not as long as you - but still quite a while. And I have no idea what I said that offended you, nor what you mean by my "ignorance"? I am really puzzled.

Quote Originally Posted by arnika View Post
    Rephrased slightly since you don't follow or appear to be aware of WB hunter or jumper sires. The words in bold were rephrased by me.

Originally Posted by PineTreeFarm http://chronicleforums.com/Forum/ima...s/viewpost.gif
    Down Yonder how about you come up with a list of US bred warmbloods
    sired by approved stallions that are winning at international level GP dressage. Or a list of Open, Junior, Amateur Owner dressage horses that are in the top 25 USEF list and aren't imported.

I'm sure you can find some but not too many.
    Arnika,
    You did more than rephrase SLIGHTLY. On purpose I asked about "how about you come up with a list of US bred warmbloods sired by approved stallions that are winning at international level GP jumping. Or a list of Green, Regular, Junior, Amateur Owner hunters that are in the top 25 USEF list and aren't imported." I left Dressage out because I have zero interest in it. I left eventing out because that might be embarassing to some of you.
    I usually find your posts informative. But please don't misquote me again or I'll have to change my opinion and decide that you are a moron.

Quote Originally Posted by DownYonder View Post
    Don't the 30 day stallions continue with their OWN rider once they get to the test? Or are they assigned to one of the test riders?
    Yes, they do continue the training the last 30 days with their own rider who comes to the final 30 days with them.
    Visit Sonesta Farms website at www.sonestafarms.com or our FaceBook page at www.facebook.com/sonestafarms. Also showing & breeding Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.

Sorry, PTF.

I usually try not to be a moron.

I actually put that I was rephrasing your statement but I meant my comments to be directed to DownYonder since she had said she didn't follow h/j or eventing. That was why I changed the question to dressage and put my changes in bold. I did not want there to be any misunderstanding. What I thought was plain in my mind didn't come out the way I intended.

My sincere apologies again if I offended you. It wasn't meant to do so at all.
    "We don't ride the clock. We ride the horse." Reiner Klimke.
    http://community.webshots.com/user/arnikaelf

"So you honestly think that eliminating our current method of inspecting breeding stock and performance testing stallions will reduce the cost of getting a foal on the ground,"

What part of "I don't believe in eliminating approvals or inspections" are you having trouble understanding, Down yonder? I've made it pretty plain and have posted it more than once. Maybe you "don't have time" to read that part just like you don't have time to look at the British or Canadian system either.

We have had this discussion on other threads and lists of unapproved horses were given to you then as well - but here you are, demanding it again.

You keeping posting to me - tell me, tell me, tell me, another alternative - why? You won't take the time to learn, you don't read what is posted. Now, you "don't follow hunters or jumpers - which is the largest sections of our sporthorse markets but you insist on participating in a discussion regarding the overall sporthorse market that you claim to not follow. Then you say you are satisfied with the current system. My conclusion to that is that, since you don't know anything, you are making your opinion based on ignorance.

It is hard to have a logical discussion with someone who admits, they don't know and don't follow the subject being discussed!

Um, those of you who keep condemning the 100DT process in North America sure do exhibit a lot of interest in it. If you don't like it - fine. No one is forcing you to send stallions to it, or breed to stallions that pass it.

Well, I think that is what happened when they had to cancel it because few would participate! You are a little behind, downyonder.

I will repeat - since some people obviously have trouble reading for comprehension.

"Those of you who keep condemning the 100DT process in North America sure do exhibit a lot of interest in it. If you don't like it - fine. No one is forcing you to send stallions to it, or breed to stallions that pass it."

Default I may be mistaken

Quote Originally Posted by DownYonder View Post
    I will repeat - since some people obviously have trouble reading for comprehension.

"Those of you who keep condemning the 100DT process in North America sure do exhibit a lot of interest in it. If you don't like it - fine. No one is forcing you to send stallions to it, or breed to stallions that pass it."
    I do not think that a lot of us have trouble with the concept, structure and scoring of the 100-day test. I do not think that the location, the organization etc. has ever been in question. I always advocated the necessity of the testing. All problems with the testing could be traced back to one person, the training director. Seems like that now that there is more scrutiny and the TD is "policed", things may turn around (I still have my reservations). I maybe mistaken, but you also had a major beef with them as well in 2000. May I ask what changed your mind?

Smile Stallion testing going well

Thank you to everybody who has worked so hard to make this year's stallion testing so smooth. All the horses looked great at the mid terms. I was especially pleased with my own stallion (who was the ill one) who showed remarkably well at mid-terms, considering he only had about 10 of the 50 days of training. I was breathless as I prayed he didn't throw his rider (Helmut Schrant), refuse a fence, or go bucking through the arena in cowboy style! I was just amazed at what a fabulous job HS has done with him. I am so thrilled that Helmut is his rider. I think if anybody can get my very... Mr. Macho stallion...to pass the test, It will be Helmut. I stilll don't know if he'll pass since he's obviously behind the gang. I did talk with HS yesterday and my stallion is still healthy and in full training with the rest. So I'll hope for the best knowing he's in good hands.

I do not know all of what HS has done in the past although I've heard rumors. I'm just so grateful to all of you who made such positive changes in the 100 DT and the TD. Thank you all again!!

Chris Misita
    www.hiddenvalleyfarms.net

"although I've heard rumors."

Don't listen to rumors, just read the independent report from the Federation. Everyone should go from that document and make your position from there. Otherwise, why even have an organization to oversee things?

Downyonder, changed her mind because the ISR was the only place she could get some of her horses approved. She used to hate them and absolutely war with Ilona on a variety of forums.

I am so glad to hear that your stallion is doing well. It sounds like things are going very smoothly and maybe we can all start having some more confidence in the results from our American 100 day stallion testing. Now, if we can just get the system tweaked to make it more cost effective and pertinent towards our U.S. markets, we'd really be doing something great!

Quote Originally Posted by tri View Post
    Downyonder, changed her mind because the ISR was the only place she could get some of her horses approved. She used to hate them and absolutely war with Ilona on a variety of forums.
    You have no idea what you are talking about. I have NEVER, EVER taken a horse to ISR. My horses are approved with Oldenburg - the real Oldenburg, as in GOV.

Andras, I am now more optimistic about the N.A. 100DT because AHS has a strengthened position with the testing company and is watching the proceedings a bit more closely.

Chris, good luck to you with your stallion. I hope all the boys do well and come home happy and healthy.

Okay, Okay, so I won't quit my day job to be an illustrator. But it was rather theraputic.

http://www.autumnhillfarm.com/Vultures.html
    "No matter how cynical I get its just not enough to keep up." Lily Tomlin

Quote Originally Posted by ahf View Post
    Okay, Okay, so I won't quit my day job to be an illustrator. But it was rather theraputic.

LOL! Good for you!
    Visit Sonesta Farms website at www.sonestafarms.com or our FaceBook page at www.facebook.com/sonestafarms. Also showing & breeding Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.

LOL Truth is stranger than fiction!!
    http://www.talloaksfarm.net ---"Success is not final, failure is not fatal; it is the courage to continue that counts." --- Winston Churchill

Originally Posted by tri:
    Downyonder, changed her mind because the ISR was the only place......

We can always count on tri to post the wrong things, twist the right things and tell us her version of half truths according to tri.

Kate, that was priceless!
    www.immunallusa.com
    www.rainbowequus.com Home of stallions that actually produced champion hunter, jumper and dressage offspring and now also champion eventers

Thumbs up

Kate, you made my day - I laughed out loud! Continued good luck to all the stallion owners.
    Judy
    Sylvan Farm~Breeding for Performance
    Ramzes SF, approved GOV and Belgian http://sylvanfarm.com
    USSHBA Steering Committe member

Kate, right on!! You go girl!

Kate, that is hilarious! We could probably put some names on those vultures!